Shadowrun in M&M

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadowrun in M&M

Any GM's out there think they could run a Shadowrun like game? I know what everyone might be thinking- "Why not just play Shadowrun?" Well, because I don't want to play Shadowrun, I want to play in Shadowrun styled game using the M&M rules.
    -Love is like a Rhino, short-sighted and hasty; if it cannot find a way, it will make a way.

-Flavor text "Crash of Rhinos"

Re: Shadowrun in M&M

It could be fun actually.
    Triskavanski's Graveyard of Characters

Comment

That's what I thought, the majority of the game setting would just be backdrop, slang, terminology, even class builds could be based around The Shadowrun Universe. I always thought it was an intriguing game setting, in the future with Advanced Technology, cyber implants, Virtual Reality Internet and Augmented Reality, coupled with fantasy based races and sorcery, druid and shamanistic magic. I think it would be a lot of fun to play in that setting.
      -Love is like a Rhino, short-sighted and hasty; if it cannot find a way, it will make a way.

Comment

I'd be interested playing, but not running.

Also interested how people would deal with AR, and the matrix in this system.

Comment

Now are you thinking of the specifics of the Shadowrun universe, or more a cyber-punk with magic type setting for a M&M game?
          Eppur si muove

Current Characters
          Gauss - Twin Forks Defenders
          Starstorm - Established Heroes Shape the Multiverse
          Dragon Fist - Power Struggle

Comment

Not sure id be up to running giving im juggling 3 right now but id be interested in playing if one came up.
            Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Nevius View Post
              Now are you thinking of the specifics of the Shadowrun universe, or more a cyber-punk with magic type setting for a M&M game?
              As close to authentic as possible. Down to the dragon president.

@plan b
              Id guess that the ar system would be a created sense type. Kind of like an astral realm.
              Last edited by Vynn; 11-15-2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I have always loved the Shadowrun universe and would love to play a game like it in M&M to see how it functions. There are a lot of things in SR that could translate pretty easily, I just worry that everyone would have some kind of magic in this version because of the way that powers are set up in M&M. All that being said, if there is ever a game getting set to run, I would be happy to join and see where it went!

Comment

Another question is when in the timeline would you set it.

Sidenote i'd rehash my ork P.I

Comment

Put me down as someone interested in playing (but not familiar enough with the details of the world to even begin thinking of running it!)

Comment

If nothing else, it would make being able to mix types of characters easier, though there should be a caveat that if you have cyberware, to be very limited at magic or major complications

Comment

I'd be interested in running something like this, but don't mark me down as definite just yet. Just saying I'd be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                          Another question is when in the timeline would you set it.

Sidenote i'd rehash my ork P.I
                          Specifically I wouldn't know. I would hope whomever decides to run the game would pick that out, I don't have a storyline set I just want this universe. My familiarity for the entire world is limited so I wouldn't be the best person to say. But I've got a big interest in playing the setting.

Comment

I was thinking that the starting mission could involve the assembled Runners getting paired together for a job from a Johnson. None of them would know each other except by reputation. Some big score that goes horribly wrong, maybe the Johnson double crosses the Runners instead of paying them, maybe whatever it was the Runners were hired to do, they would have to undo for some reason. just throwing out ideas.

Comment

Oddly, I actually do have a workable mission that I could run, but I have far more experience with the Shadowrun game system than I am with M&M, so if there is someone that wants to run the mission and has the familiarity with M&M and time to run it, I would be happy to PM you the mission setting and step by step breakdown of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X