Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crinoverse: Heroes Go Hollywood - Escape From TGRI!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e IC] Crinoverse: Heroes Go Hollywood - Escape From TGRI!

Table of Contents

Issue 1: Escape From TGRI!
    Last edited by Kreuzritter; 11-09-2014, 08:32 AM.

Re: Crinoverse: Heroes Go Hollywood - Escape From TGRI!

Escape From TGRI!

This, is the city, Los Angeles. by night, an artificial mountainscape made of skyscrapers and freeways, the lights of those buildings and the cars along the freeways creating a veritable sea of fallen stars. but that doesn't have your attention. What does is the huge, forboding, high-tech fortress that is TGRI, looming over the surrounding area like some sullen giant

The City of Angels is no stranger to the manifold chemical flavors of vice, from 'mostly harmless' marijuana grown in secret gardens to the rich and powerful having the finest cocaine flown in from Bogata, to the rampant scourge of crack that's spreading through the inner city.

last year, the outgoing Reagan administration pushed hard for the War on Drugs, and the incumbent administration of George H. W. Bush continues that trend

but now there's a new poison on the streets...

Blooze

also known as Blue Ice, Juice, Swank and Ooze, Blooze is a top-level designer drug, chemically similar to methamphetamines and easily as addictive. smoke it, snort it, drop it or shoot it, you can take this pale blue luminescent gel however you want. bad enough in ttself, but Blooze's effects are seemingly unpredictable, causing anything from leaving the user highly susceptible to suggestion, or enhancing their physical abilities to almost superhuman levels, at the cost of ravaging their body afterwards, and as implied, overdose leads to a most gruesome death. some who've taken blooze have developed permanent superpowers, but those odds are infinitesimal.

but the worst part? there's no apparent rhyme or reason to how Blooze is making its way into the city. there are pushers offering 'free samples', but just as often dance clubs or college parties will find their refreshments mysteriously spiked, such as the Rio, discovered in the wake of the freak accident that claimed the life of respected Lawyer Emmett Star, while the Soaring Crane Karate school has been banned and shut down after it was revealed its owner and founder, Souichiro Watanabe had been using Blooze to dope his students to win tournaments. pleading innocence and barely avoiding prison, Souichiro was left penniless and humiliated by the hardball court tactics of the Star Group in the resulting lawsuits, and took his own life in disgrace.

White Dragon, Souichiro was a friend of yours, and an associate of the Circle of Dragons. it falls to you to restore his honor. your search has led you here, as unaware of the two young women, Flare and Formica, with similar designs on TGRI's dark secrets, as they are of not only you, but each other.

Meanwhile...

Brendan, your worst fears came to pass, as you find yourself back in an all-too familiar high-tech holding cell, your last memory being the sight of those strange men in black who've been hounding you. they've caught you, and you're right back where the nightmare that is your life started, only this time, there's some sort of lizard-man dressed like a punk rocker in the cell across from yours

Iggy, you're not entirely sure what happened. one minute you were speaking with a promoter for Star-Blitz records, the next the room filled with crazy knockout gas, and now you're here, in a holding cell with two most BOGUS looking security guards in dark suits, holding most heinous of looking rifles. they seem more interested in the pink haired human in the cell across from yours

Cogwheel, you're not in a holding cell, mostly because they don't have one big enough for you. your captors do have you restrained to some sort of operating table. the good news is, that tipoff of exotic xenotech being smuggled through this company were all too true, as the lab they have you captive in is crawling with robots. too bad these guys had even less sense of humor than an Okaaran warlord when you tried bluffing your way past the front desk

Comment

Brendan Konda
      HP: 1 / LP: 3

Brendan bounded onto the fire escape halfway up the apartment building, using his telekinesis to boost the leap beyond human means. And the pursuit of THEM again. How did those men in black find him again, and so soon?! He made another desperate jump to the top - across the roof and then fly a little and then he could make a running break for downtown. They wouldn't dare pursue him in broad view of the mass public.

Something, not a gun, more of a *kzapp* sounded, and Brendan froze up as the landing of fire steps disintegrated beneath his feet. The unexpected fall, he regretted, made him scream.

No. Again? Not again, he wasn't going to be their lab rat again. "You bastards! Let me out! You can't do this!" Brendan yelled, desperately exerting every bit of mental force, pressing against the door with his palms, trying to shove it open.
      Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
      Crinoverse - Avengers
      Crinoverse - Young Avengers
      Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
      Crinoverse - Time After Time
      Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
      Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
      Extreme Unction

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post

Cogwheel, you're not in a holding cell, mostly because they don't have one big enough for you. your captors do have you restrained to some sort of operating table. the good news is, that tipoff of exotic xenotech being smuggled through this company were all too true, as the lab they have you captive in is crawling with robots. too bad these guys had even less sense of humor than an Okaaran warlord when you tried bluffing your way past the front desk
        "Guys, guys! This is not cool! Not cool, man! We can make a deal! I can give you all sorts of schematics for cool stuff! I walk, you get the tech! We can be pals!"

Cogwheel sighed. Then tried scanning the room for the dumbest looking guard.

Comment

Flare
          HP: 1, Status: Radical

"Outrageous!" The keys donated by a friend-of-a-fan actually unlocked the service door, and Alica slipped quietly inside. She was dressed more for a concert than for sneaking around, but somehow the sequins and neon pink never seemed to make her more noticeable.

Somehow, TGRI was connected to that explosion at the Rio, providing the strange equipment and--she suspected--some of the drugs being passed around the club. She'd angled for a way in for weeks, and while the young pop star was far from a ninja, she had he own ways of opening doors.

"Science is the stuff of student projects and medical breakthroughs. No one should use it for evil!"

Comment

T Rocks
            HP: 1, Cnd: Normal

Iggy let out a grunt as his nostrils flared and lips peeled back to flash rows of jagged knife-like teeth as he released a tense and threatening growl. His eyes opened as golden slittered eyes gazed slowly around the room, narrowing when he took in the mammalian goons, and the pink haired caged one... the sound of the caged one shouting and banging on the cages made him wince as he had the worst kind of headaches waking up and it didn't make him feel any more friendly as he shifted on the small metal floor of the too small cage for his large size.

" Hey... Noid.... Chill! My heads bangin' like a club at midnight..."
            He growled still as he rose up and hit the roof of his cage. "UUHF! Hey! Hey you! The monkey in the monkey suit!" He shouted, eyeing the mook with the gun. " What's the 4 1 1 here!? Wheres the promoter... I'm supposed to be performing, making a big show for the big guy! I'm going to be a star! Star's don't end up in cages, Dude!" Grumbeling as he looked around to see if he still had his Guitar.
            "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Girl View Post
              Flare
              HP: 1, Status: Radical

"Outrageous!" The keys donated by a friend-of-a-fan actually unlocked the service door, and Alica slipped quietly inside. She was dressed more for a concert than for sneaking around, but somehow the sequins and neon pink never seemed to make her more noticeable.

Somehow, TGRI was connected to that explosion at the Rio, providing the strange equipment and--she suspected--some of the drugs being passed around the club. She'd angled for a way in for weeks, and while the young pop star was far from a ninja, she had he own ways of opening doors.

"Science is the stuff of student projects and medical breakthroughs. No one should use it for evil!"
              Formica clung to the wall of the building overlooking the service door. She'd been looking for possible entry points higher up on the building when she had caught sight of someone who didn't fit the look of a TGRI goon (corporate or otherwise) unlocking one of the service entrances.

She had to cover her mouth to not give her position away with a squeal of surprise and glee. There was no way she could not recognize that voice.

'OHMYGOD OHMYGOD! THAT WAS FLARE! What is she doing breaking in here?'

With even more questions now, Formica followed the singing sensation into the building clinging to the ceiling.

Comment

White Dragon
                Hero Points: 1

From the rooftop of a nearby skyscraper, the White Dragon looked down upon the fortress-like TGRI building. At any other time, Lance would likely be making some wisecrack comparing the building to any of the recent sci-fi films, or quoting a Star Wars line. Part of the curse of being the son of two people involved in the entertainment industry was an even deeper fascination with pop culture than the already obsessive youth of today did.

But this was not any other time. This was now, and the White Dragon was doing something he was not normally want to do: brooding. Brooding, and remembering.

YESTERDAY

Lance Valayne was kneeling in front of a grave. In the casual jeans, t-shirt and leather jacket he wore, he would not have stood out. What slightly stood out was the fact that he was cleaning some graffiti off of the headstone he knelt before. Several words boldly stood out against the grey marble, the bright spray-painted words declaring the grave home to a “Druggie”, a “Cheater” and a number of less pleasant things.

With some paint thinner and a rag, Lance meticulously cleaned the last of these words away. Taking a moment to inspect his work, his eyes fell on the name on the grave; Souichiro Watanabe. For a long moment, Lance just stared at the name, before abruptly starting to speak.

“You were a lousy fighter. You know that right? Terrible, even. It only took me, what, three months of instruction before I was kicking you butt when we sparred? Man, the look on your face that first time I tossed you. Bet you wished then you hadn’t trained me so well.”

A smile crossed Lances face, even as his vision started to blur. “No, of course not. You never did anything half-way when you trained your students. You took pride in their achievements. You smiled every time I got the new throw right and tossed your ass on the mat. Yeah, you were a lousy fighter. But my God were you a great teacher. You helped take this scrawny little movie geek and got him ready for the Grand Masters of the Circle of Dragons. That was a miracle in and of itself. It didn’t matter that I was only a few years younger than you, you made me feel like I was studying at the feet of Yoda, and you made me want to learn more. You made me enjoy being taught. You took pride in the achievements of your students. It didn’t matter that I was only a few years younger than you, you made me feel like I was studying at the feet of Yoda, and you made me want to learn more. You made me enjoy being taught. You took pride in the achievements of your students. I know you were happiest out here, getting kids out of trouble and showing them a better way. It’s why you never could have done what they said you did. ”

Lance rubbed his forearm over his eyes, his vision having become too blurry to see, but unwilling to let any tears drop. “Which is the only way they could get to you. You always took it hard where your students were concerned. If you had just waited a few more days, I might have . . . “ As his hand came into view, he saw that it was clenched into a fist. He looked from his hand to the grave and then back to his fist, which began to smolder in a gold-white light. “The world needs teachers like you a lot more than it needs some guy like me kicking in heads. But you’re not here anymore, and I am. So I’m just going to have to make do.”

Rising to his feet, Lance gave the now pristine grave a bow, his eyes closing as he said, “Be at peace, my friend. The ones that did this to you will answer for what they’ve done. I swear it.”

NOW

The White Dragon approached the front doors of the TGRI building. A simple leap had carried him within the perimeter of the building, and his steps were slow and measured. If the Black Dragon had been here, he would have employed stealth to enter the building. The Gold Dragon would have used his boundless skill at diplomacy to talk his way in reasonably. The Blue Dragon would have mediated on the problem and devised the perfect strategy for entering. Their ways were not his ways.

As he approached the door, two security guards approached him. “I’m sorry sir, business hours have ceased for the day. Please leave and come back tomorrow.”

Looking into their faces, the White Dragon managed a calm, polite and formal tone that would have impressed his teachers. “I am here to speak with the people in charge. They have much to explain, and if they cannot, they will have even more to answer for. I am asking you, politely, to take me to them.” And while he was making every genuine effort to follow Gold Dragon’s teachings, some not insignificant part of himself prayed that they’d give him an excuse.

The larger of the two guards placed a hand on the White Dragon’s shoulder, giving it a tight squeeze as he said, more firmly. “Business hours have ceased for the day. You will leave. Now. Or we will be forced to make you leave.”

And without a change in expression or tone, the White Dragon simply said, “Thank you.”

The interior lobby of the TGRI building was a picture of cleanliness and professionalism. Whomever took care of the place clearly put a lot of meticulous effort in maintaining an absolutely immaculate appearance. They were going to be very busy when they came in for work next.

The glass doors of the building abruptly exploded inwards as the two security guards went flying through them, scattering glass and furniture as they eventually crashed into the receptionists desk. Stepping through the now shattered portal, the White Dragon looked around, glass crunching beneath his feet. Then, in a voice that somehow felt much, much older than he was, he roared.

“MURDERS! DECIEVERS! CORRUPTERS OF CHILDREN AND SLAYERS OF GOOD MEN! THE WHITE DRAGON CALLS UPON YOU TO ACCOUNT FOR YOUR CRIMES AND FACE THE LAWS OF THE CITY! CONFESS YOUR CRIMES, OR FACE MY WRATH!”
                [U][B]Custom Settings[/B][/U]__________________________________
                [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/236-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series?p=4519#post4519"]Megaverse: The Animated Series[/URL]
                [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/139-The-Mean-Streets-of-Magic-and-Other-Extraordinary-Thinggs"]The Mean Streets of Magic and Other Extraordinary Things[/URL]
                [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1801-Ares-Builds-The-Marvel-Family-and-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series"]Ares' Builds - [/URL][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1801-Ares-Builds-The-Marvel-Family-and-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series"]The Marvel Family and Megaverse: The Animated Series[/URL]

Comment

first, Everybody gets an HP for White Dragon setting the entire base on high alert

Lobby

the first few dozen guards are no match for you, nothing more than minimum wage mall cops or thugs with plastic badges

the next dozen, this time dark-haired men in equally dark dark 3 piece suits, put up a better fight, but you're still scything through them as you make your way to the elevator, which opens up to reveal three men brandishing rifles.

without thinking or even stopping, you use force so great that you literally take their heads clean off, sending them to the elevator floor like dead puppets..

and that's when, like THAT SCENE from THAT MOVIE, the chests of the three dead men burst open and

three tentacled brain-like slugs pop out like david lynch's jack-in-the-box, and flee squealing past you, spooking the hell out of what guards from the first wave are still conscious

TGRI Offices

Flare & Formica aren't in the building long before things get weird. at first you find typical office cubicle farms, but while there's nobody in them, there's no sign of any office furniture. no chairs, not even desks, just some weird outlet. the next floor up is more of the same, only quite populated, unassuming men in dark suits, all with the same identical, generic looking face, staring vacantly, like a company of Wall Street Ken dolls. you also hear a strange warbling noise, like something out of a cheap science fiction movie

but then the room fills not only with a screaming alarm, but the day-glo purple light of hidden sirens, as the corporate dead all suddenly come alive and look at you two

yes flare, there's some girl in a bug costume on the ceiling

THE LAB

Brendan, the bad news is this time, the Suits are ready for you, and while your telekinetic blast causes the cell to shudder and the protective force field (wait, when did these guys get force fields?) to buckle, it remains in place

worse news, the lead suit slams against Iggy's cell door, hard enough that you're pretty sure you must have killed him...

Iggy, they're attention is on the kid across from you, and the lead weirdo dropped something. your cell just has bars, if you act quick, you might be able to swipe it, maybe use it to escape

and then the dead man gets up

"The one known as Brendan Konda has exceeded the expectations that Kraang has expected of the one known as Brendan Konda." he...IT says, it's voice cold and literally robotic, as the remains of it's FACE slips away like a cheap Halloween mask, revealing a cold robotic skull under some sort of transparent, blue-tinted.. skin. "Kraang recommends to that which is Kraang that the one called Brendan Konda undergo further experiments to the mutagen which is the chemical known as the Mutagen."

Cogwheel, you can see the disturbance, as one of the bots loses its skinsuit, before your lab tech, who just so happens to be the dumbest-looking robot (which is quite the feat since they're all identical), walks up to you, and you see the weird, fleshy, sleeping ... 'face' in its abdomen

"Kraang is listening to that which is the Cybertronian that is from the planet cybertron that is know as Cogwheel. What does Cogwheel have to offer that which is Kraang besides the secrets of that which are cybertronians from that which is cybertron that that which is Kraang will take from the corpse that will be the body of the one called Cogwheel?"
                  Last edited by Kreuzritter; 11-26-2014, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Flare
                    HP: 2, Status: Radical

"Alarms? Like, what's with the alarms?" She looked up at the bug-girl above her. "Did you do that? Whose side are you on?"

Flare took a step back as the identical hoard began to step forward, chittering together in some bizarre, machine-like language. "Uh oh!"

Comment

Cogwheel, you can see the disturbance, as one of the bots loses its skinsuit, before your lab tech, who just so happens to be the dumbest-looking robot (which is quite the feat since they're all identical), walks up to you, and you see the weird, fleshy, sleeping ... 'face' in its abdomen

"Kraang is listening to that which is the Cybertronian that is from the planet cybertron that is know as Cogwheel. What does Cogwheel have to offer that which is Kraang besides the secrets of that which are cybertronians from that which is cybertron that that which is Kraang will take from the corpse that will be the body of the one called Cogwheel?"
                      "Well, first up, how to program your voice synthesizer controls for better communication." Cogwheel says without missing a beat. He'd seen way too many alien species for this to be remotely weird. Heck, he'd met an Utrom or two. They were basically the same thing.

"Secondly, my man, I can get you a line on all sorts of things you can't find on Earth. I've made deals on Brockway, Ogden, Haverbrook. I've got a whole list made out.

"If you were to let me up, I could show you were my ship is with all those records on an atlas."

Comment

Brendan Konda
                        HP: 2 / LP: 3

Somehow, the revelation of the robot underneath the Suit calmed Brendan. Enough to make him step and start thinking. And even notice the walking dinosaur with shirt on in the adjacent cell. "So, what the hell is Kraang and why do you talk like that?"

OOC
                        Technology: 1d20+12=32

Just studying the cell setup, the force fields and such.
                        Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                        Crinoverse - Avengers
                        Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                        Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                        Crinoverse - Time After Time
                        Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                        Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                        Extreme Unction

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Girl View Post
                          Flare
                          HP: 2, Status: Radical

"Alarms? Like, what's with the alarms?" She looked up at the bug-girl above her. "Did you do that? Whose side are you on?"

Flare took a step back as the identical hoard began to step forward, chittering together in some bizarre, machine-like language. "Uh oh!"
                          "ohmygod she spoke to me. eeeee!... Uh don't look at me. I didn't do anything to cause alarms. I was doing the sneaky thing too!" Formica manages to get out before leaping down from the ceiling. "Um I know now is a bad time but if we don't get horribly killed by zombie cubical drones could I um... maybe get your autograph later..."

Comment

White Dragon
                            Hero Points: 2

Lobby

the first few dozen guards are no match for you, nothing more than minimum wage mall cops or thugs with plastic badges

the next dozen, this time dark-haired men in equally dark dark 3 piece suits, put up a better fight, but you're still scything through them as you make your way to the elevator, which opens up to reveal three men brandishing rifles.

without thinking or even stopping, you use force so great that you literally take their heads clean off, sending them to the elevator floor like dead puppets..

and that's when, like THAT SCENE from THAT MOVIE, the chests of the three dead men burst open and

three tentacled brain-like slugs pop out like david lynch's jack-in-the-box, and flee squealing past you, spooking the hell out of what guards from the first wave are still conscious
                            "JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST!"

The sight of . . . of . . . of he didn't know what erupting like that managed to snap White Dragon briefly out of his righteous anger. Still, the appearance of these things also focuses him a bit, and he realizes there is a lot more going on here than he had initially suspected. And that he needs to be more careful.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________

OOC

White Dragon will turn his Chi Array to:
                            “Know Thy World” Senses: - Mental Sense: Acute (1), Accurate (2), Counters Concealment (5), Extended 1 (1), Radius (1), Ranged (1)

He will also try to grab one of the little scuttling critters if he can, making use of his movement abilities if need be. Would that be a Fighting/Grapple check, or based off of Dex/Agi?
                            Last edited by Ares; 11-14-2014, 12:05 PM.
                            [U][B]Custom Settings[/B][/U]__________________________________
                            [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/236-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series?p=4519#post4519"]Megaverse: The Animated Series[/URL]
                            [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/139-The-Mean-Streets-of-Magic-and-Other-Extraordinary-Thinggs"]The Mean Streets of Magic and Other Extraordinary Things[/URL]
                            [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1801-Ares-Builds-The-Marvel-Family-and-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series"]Ares' Builds - [/URL][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1801-Ares-Builds-The-Marvel-Family-and-Megaverse-The-Animated-Series"]The Marvel Family and Megaverse: The Animated Series[/URL]

Comment

T Rocks
                              HP: 2, Cnd: Normal

Iggy was shocked at the sudden show of force, leaning back as he saw the mammal send the black clad hominid crashing into his cage... The sickening crunch even made him cringe slightly. "Or don't chill... Whatever you like, dude." He said quickly, only to find himself disgusted as the... THING! was exposed. What WERE these things? They weren't like any humans he had ever seen before.

However, as they turned their attention on the pink haired noid, he spied the object on the ground and flashed a bit of a grin as he leaned low and awkwardly reached his short spindly arm out to scratch the floor and try to drag the object into his grip and utilize it to open his cage slowly, and as quietly as he could manage to avoid drawing the attention

1d20+2=18 Dexterity Roll to grasp the object which the krang has dropped upon the surface that is called the floor.
                              "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Working...
                              X