Game Requests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2e OOC] Game Requests

I'd like to play in a game where the characters are working for a shadowy organization. What they're up to is up to you. Could be "interested investors" or they could have a master plan of their own. Either way, the characters are their problem solvers that don't ask questions and get things done. The characters get paid though. Doesn't have to be money all the time. The organization has connections to make things happen.

I'd like for it to be a PL8 to PL10 game. Characters are known for their skills or powers or both. Genre would be superhero with obvious dark leanings. Characters do not have to be evil, but they won't be making any nice list this year 😮

Anyone interested in running this?
    Last edited by Rat Girl; 10-07-2014, 07:48 AM.
    Games I Play In: Miracle High, Misfits of the New World

Re: Game Requests

More ideas have popped into my head, but they are all similar so they get one post.

First it all involves being stranded in the wilderness.

It could be a 'reality show' where you have to survive, but since you'd be superhuman there would be obviously dangerous games. The competitors are prisoners. If they survive they'll get their freedom... but still be stranded in the niddle of nowhere. PL4 to PL6 at most.

It could be explorers of uncharted areas who have no idea where they're going but they sure area taking notes. I see it as a Victorian age or space age game. PL8 at most for the former, whatever the GM feels like for the latter.

Finally, a group wandering in the woods for a wilderness vacation (hiking, canoeing, living off the land) find a cave that leads them to a primitive lost world. Now they're stuck there. Lower PL is better, but mid to average PL is cool if you wanna beat up dinosaurs and cavemen.

Comment

I've been kicking around the idea of re-purposing a setting I ran for a tabletop group a few years back to fit this concept and have a couple of quick questions:

Do you see the shadowy organization as being evil shadowy or just mysterious shadowy? What I'm currently thinking is good motivations with potentially bad consequences.

If I run, it would be 3e, would that prevent you from playing, RG? It would be a shame to set up a recruitment thread for a game inspired by someone who can't play because edition incompatibility.

And just to clarify: This is in reference to the first idea.

Comment

I would be really interested in being a player for the first kind of game you discussed! However, I have no experience with 2e and would prefer to stick to 3e so I don't get confused with rules. (I'm running a game with some friends, and I don't want my edition confusion to cause problems for them -- a lot of them are new to M&M in general.) So, if this ends up being a 3e game, I would definitely be interested.
        Elliot McGuire/Levitron - Super Framily Apprenticeship Plan (IC)
        John Olson/Spark - Superhuman Defense Organization - America (IC)

Comment

You guys obviously want to play that game with third edition. I'm not going to stand in your way if you do. Have fun 😀

Comment

With one interest for 2e only and one for 3e, I'm going to put further development of what I was kicking around on hold for a while.

Comment

With such few responses, I'm guessing there isn't as much interest in this? If that changes, I'm still down for trying it out.
              Elliot McGuire/Levitron - Super Framily Apprenticeship Plan (IC)
              John Olson/Spark - Superhuman Defense Organization - America (IC)

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

I'd do it, but my plate is a little full on the GM side.

Comment

Gonna bump this. Anyone? 💛💙💜💚❤

Comment

Working...
                    X