No announcement yet.

Mystic Troubleshooters (Cancelled)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e OOC] Mystic Troubleshooters (Cancelled)

Greetings everyone.

As most people who often come to the game room know the majority of my games are set in my take on the World of Freedom and while I've been sticking to running two games (as RL keeps me too busy for running any more than that) I'm itching to explore other parts of the setting that I haven't had a chance to get to in any of my previous games.

So on to the details I'm sure all of you have been waiting on - guidelines for builds;

It's going to be a 3e game built on PL 10/150 pp.
    Again I'm using my House Rules (listed here, http://roninarmy.com/threads/47-Worlds-Of-Freedom), which mostly alters the cost of skills (1 pp = 3 rank) except for Combat Skills (1 pp = 2 rank) and tweaks a couple skills. The idea is that you're character is tied to the magical community - from being a spell caster, to someone who uses a magical artifact (weapon or something else), to someone who has divine/infernal heritage, family carries a curse that grants them unusual abilities, whatever. I'm pretty open about it really as all I'm looking for is the powers being magical in nature (I'll address specifics as they might arise).

The city of Arcadia is outside the purview of the super hero community; lacking the advanced technology of Freedom City or New York, as well as the high ratio of super heroes of that populate those places, or the bad reputation of Detroit. Arcadia does have its fair share of heroic defenders and local villains, but most of them are not major players for the most part. In short, Arcadia doesn't have much to offer.

Unless you are attuned to things of a mystical nature that is.

Arcadia is home to one of the largest Ley Line Nexuses on the North American continent; in fact it is larger than the Nexus in Freedom City. This is partially due to the fact that the nearby Black Bayou (East of the airport) which is home to an interdimensional nexus that opens up to not only the Imageria but the rest of the multiverse as well. As a result Arcadia is home to a substantial mystical community; both the Brimstone House and the Lodge have chapter houses in Arcadia (as well as a few other properties that are used on a semi-regular basis), and the town also has a substantial voodoo practice, making it a place visited by Siren and Seven from time to time. In Arcadia, old superstitions are a deadly serious matter and all the locals know all to well that things really do go bump in the night.

Brought together by a mysterious backer, seven fringe members of the mystical community to help mediate the troubles that Arcadia has building. They are...

Elspeth D'varte, the Autumn Warden (by kirinke) Blue Collar Warlock
    Haggle (by Weyrd) Demon Imp Wish Dealer - Buying Souls At Discount Price since 1682!
    Galatea Frank (by Omega Girl) Frankenstein's Monster Wannabe, MBA
    Jack Frost (by kenmadragon) Frosty Changeling Scoundrel
    Umbra, Beloved of the Darkness (by Spectrum) One with the Darkness but not consumed by it
    the Immortal (by Nevius) Highlander gone hunting
    Starke Wolfherz, the Big Bad Wolf (by Hound) Not the kind that hassles pigs in straw, stick or brick houses

This first post has changed a lot from how it originally began (going from an interest check known as Expanding the World of Freedom to the OOC thread for Mystic Troubleshooters), so you might want to keep that in mind while reading the first few pages.
    Last edited by Tattooedman; 12-19-2014, 01:29 PM.

Re: Expanding the World of Freedom (Interest Check)

Yes. Let me just put down a blanket "yes" across the board for this.

Specifically I'd be most interested in Anti-Earth or Psi-Wars but I'm a big fan of your setting in general and would love to dive into any of the concepts. Mark me down as "Interested".
    Eppur si muove

Current Characters
    Gauss - Twin Forks Defenders
    Starstorm - Established Heroes Shape the Multiverse
    Dragon Fist - Power Struggle

Comment

I, too, will put down a blanket yes. World of Freedom was what first attracted me to this site, so I'd be very interested.

Comment

Blanket yes for em as well, you know im always game to play in the Tverse.
        Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

Sounds nice, im interested
          Solar Flare in Jemal's Solstice (Maybe)
          Oaf in catsi563's Going Rogue
          Gao Lao (Wuxai) and Shaun Lao Michaelson (Wavelengths) in Spectrum's Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wavelengths and Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wuxai

Comment

In general, yes.

Particular favorites: Mystic War and Anti-Earth.
            Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
            Crinoverse - Avengers
            Crinoverse - Young Avengers
            Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
            Crinoverse - Time After Time
            Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
            Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
            Extreme Unction

Comment

Put me down for generally interested as well, but especially in Mystic Troubleshooters and Anti-Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatic One View Post
                In general, yes.

Particular favorites: Mystic War and Anti-Earth.
                What he said.
                [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Psi-war and Anti-Earth (seeing a lot of Anti-Earths)

Comment

Interest in PSI-war

Comment

I'm very interested, in any game save "Battle for Tomorrow" only because I've never quite understood what MEDUSA and the Tomorrow Society are supposed to be about.

Also, would Anti-Earth involve creating original characters or villainous versions of pre-existing heroes?

Comment

I'm all for Anti-Earth

Comment

I vote for Mystic Troubleshooters!
                          Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat

Comment

Psi War would be my first choice.

Comment

I'll gladly play any of those scenarios.

Comment

Working...
                              X