X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e OOC] Valor Unlimited (Full)

Edited...

The team is:
    Smart Patrol - Split personality and metaphysical identity: may be either a genius telepath or "perfect specimen" stuntman
    Jackson Wright - Telekinetic paragon
    Nova - Cosmic energy controller
    Split Second - Speedster and minor celebrity
    Mainframe - Battlesuit wearing genius
    Tom Alack (Evolucion)
    Lightspeed (Arthur Eld)

The old IC thread is here. We'll be starting up exactly where we left off.
    Last edited by RedBstrd; 10-23-2014, 10:53 PM.
    World Moved On - GM (IC, OOC)
    Valor Unlimited - GM (IC, OOC)
    My Velociraptor Ate My Homework - GM (IC, OOC)

Re: Valor Unlimited (OOC; Reboot Interest Check)

I occasionally check in on Injustice Gang, as that is technically, sort of, but not really, one of my games (withdrew from it at the same time I withdrew from this). While there is no spot for my character there at this time, I'm ready to get back into some gaming. I did enjoy the dual character(s) of Mr. Kamikaze/Mr. DNA, and I'll get to work on bringing them up to speed. Looking forward to seeing everyone else.

...if Project Icarus continues to be unavailable, do we know what we're doing with Flare? Does anyone else know how to get ahold of him?
    ...I guess our Valor Unlimited "business" model does have some additional heroes who are part of Valor Unlimited, but who aren't part of the team, per se. That could be a handy "holding pool" for members who don't rejoin, as well as a source for new members to the active team.
    Fell's Fellas, ATT Archive
    Realms of Desolace, Ronin Army Roll-Call

Comment

Would you be interested in any new submission before you find out how many of the old gang wants to continue or should i wait and see?
      I was thinking of submitting a regenerating swordsman
      Solar Flare in Jemal's Solstice (Maybe)
      Oaf in catsi563's Going Rogue
      Gao Lao (Wuxai) and Shaun Lao Michaelson (Wavelengths) in Spectrum's Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wavelengths and Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wuxai

Comment

Originally posted by Gnalthor View Post
        Would you be interested in any new submission before you find out how many of the old gang wants to continue or should i wait and see?
        I was thinking of submitting a regenerating swordsman
        PMs have provided me with a sense that we should have a strong turn out of existing players. New people are welcome to apply, but I can only take 1 or 2 of them, depending on how many members of the band wish to get back together.

At this point, if new players (new to this game, that is) are shooting for joining, I would only ask for a brief overview of the character (and maybe a picture) rather than a full character sheet submission. For anyone interested, I would also suggest checking out the IC and OOC threads for the game. I offer some feedback on what kinds of things I want to see from character submissions (please make a 3-dimensional character with ties to a real life). Plus, I'd like everyone who applies to make sure that they get a sense for my GM style; if the player wouldn't enjoy the game, then we should probably know that as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Fell View Post
          I occasionally check in on Injustice Gang, as that is technically, sort of, but not really, one of my games (withdrew from it at the same time I withdrew from this). While there is no spot for my character there at this time, I'm ready to get back into some gaming. I did enjoy the dual character(s) of Mr. Kamikaze/Mr. DNA, and I'll get to work on bringing them up to speed. Looking forward to seeing everyone else.

...if Project Icarus continues to be unavailable, do we know what we're doing with Flare? Does anyone else know how to get ahold of him?
          ...I guess our Valor Unlimited "business" model does have some additional heroes who are part of Valor Unlimited, but who aren't part of the team, per se. That could be a handy "holding pool" for members who don't rejoin, as well as a source for new members to the active team.
          Ok, 1 vote for relaunch.

If Project Icarus is unavailable, then Flare would be shifted to the "holding pool" of unspecified team members who have been busy with other duties for the team. I still need to read over the thread again to make sure I don't miss any of my own foreshadowing. If Flare still has major plot points relating to other characters, then I'll figure out how to deal with them.

Comment

I'll double check Jackson and get him posted soon.
            "I'm not a big, fat panda....I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
            [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/64-Kaisius-Character-Builds?p=379#post379"]My Character Page[/URL]
            [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/124-FORCE-Ops?p=114154&viewfull=1#post114154"]Jonathan Spectre[/URL] in FORCE Ops
            [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/77-Heroes-Unlimited-The-Catsiverse-Rolecall?p=207029&viewfull=1#post207029"]Magus Errant[/URL] in Heroes Unlimited

Comment

I'd definitely be interested in joining if you do need new people. I'll have to read up on the game's past events.
              [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Eld View Post
                I'd definitely be interested in joining if you do need new people. I'll have to read up on the game's past events.
                You were on our waiting list, so please read up on the game's past events. I'll browse through it tonight and see if I offered any chapter summaries like I sometimes do. If not, then I'll write one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisius View Post
                  I'll double check Jackson and get him posted soon.
                  Thank you. Ok, that's 2 votes for a relaunch.

Comment

I vote for a relaunch as well. I will need to review Nova and the original thread. I still recall several events that took place during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainChaos View Post
                      I vote for a relaunch as well. I will need to review Nova and the original thread. I still recall several events that took place during the game.
                      Ok, that's 3 votes.

Comment

Our story so far:

Originally posted by Issue 1
                        A star of a low budget reality TV show for B-rate superheroes, the speedster Jack Flash used his celebrity status to found a team called Valor Unlimited. Intended to pole vault Jack into the big leagues, the Denver-based team offered protection and clean up gigs to aspiring superheroes. One of the team's earliest jobs was defending a bank from a duo of villains including Elephant and Professor Peril. Since they accomplished protecting the hostages and the intended-to-be-stolen goods, the team enjoyed some popularity in the aftermath of their fight. One of the heroes, Mr. Kamikaze, threw a large public party that attracted the attendance of Rex Splode, a member of the Teen Team. Apparently, the hero was in town following a lead that said that King Lizard was hiding out in Denver. Elsewhere, Valor Unlimited member Justitia's brother Juan realized that he - like his retired police officer sister - also had superpowers.
                        Originally posted by Issue 2
                        Impressed by the handling of the bank job, "Global Defense Agency" agent Cecil Stedman visited Valor Unlimited headquarters and hired the team for a mission. Fearful that the Midnight Magician - the villain responsible for cloaking Midnight City in perpetual darkness - had returned from the dead, Stedman dispatched the team to Midnight City to meet with Night Boy, sidekick of the great hero Darkwing. With Justitia as the tactical leader of the team, the members of Valor Unlimited tracked down the Midnight Magician's former apprentice, who had been kidnapped by a local gang and interrogated about his role in his former master's alleged return. As best the heroes could determine, the Midnight Magician was only shifting temporarily out of the shadowverse... but was doing so for longer with each appearance. Due to the forceful interrogation that he received, the apprentice Henry Leipzig became a conduit for shadowverse energy and the Midnight Magician finally made a complete crossover into the world of the living. The Midnight Magician fought with the members of Valor Unlimited and opened a portal to summon Azarthahotep, Devourer of Worlds. The heroes continued their battle with the sorcerer while Earth's mightiest hero, Omni-Man, fought with the Lovecraftian horror that the Midnight Magician called forth from the shadowverse.

The celebration of the heroes was short-lived, however, as someone hijacked Jack Flash's commlink channel and informed his listeners that playing hero was dangerous. The villain revealed himself as King Lizard of the Lizard League and then disclosed that he had taken over Valor Unlimited headquarters. Next, he ordered his goon Komodo to bite off Jack Flash's hand. The speedster's teammates arrived just in time for King Lizard to execute him before their eyes. The resulting battle left the Lizard League behind bars.
                        Originally posted by Issue 3
                        Still reeling from the death of Jack Flash, Mainframe took over as facilitator for the team's logistics. Justitia meanwhile learned that a new designer drug was on the street and could give users temporary superhuman abilities - mostly that of paragons. The funeral for Jack Flash was also troubling, as Jack's brother Blake seemed both to blame the late hero's teammates and also to have some unhealthy interest in Dora, sister to Valor Unlimited's Mr. DNA. Some normalcy returned to the lives of the members of the team, though. Nova's father took a warehouse job with a scientist named Dr. Angstrom Levy. The heroine also began a romance with her teammate Jackson Wright.

Justitia and Jackson's lives outside of the team intersected as the officer followed up on the designer "powers" drug. It turned out that a man named Jacob Vance, childhood friend of Jackson, used the drug and got permanent superpowers. Last time that Jackson saw him, Jacob had grown jealous of Jackson's powers and exhibited an alarming lack of mental stability. Worried, the team stepped up their efforts to find the source of the drug, leading to Jackson briefly confronting Jacob and Justitia compromising her secret identity to the police force.

As the members of Valor Unlimited marched into the laboratory that was producing the super serum, they - liked the scientists working on the project - stopped to watch the news in shock. It appeared that someone or something killed all of the Guardians of the Globe, Earth's mightiest superhero team.
                        Originally posted by Issue 4
                        Following the death of the Guardians of the Globe, Cecil Stedman called upon the members of Valor Unlimited and asked them not to try out for the new team that was being organized by Robot (formerly of the Teen Team). Instead, he asked them to remain on Valor Unlimited and help pick up the slack while a new Guardians of the Globe lineup got good at their job. Damien Darkblood took up the case of looking into the deaths of the Guardians of the Globe. While the heroes tried to adjust to life in a world without the planet's mightiest heroes, Justitia discovered that her younger brother had superpowers. Split Second went on a date with the superheroine Dupli-Kate. The PR stunt quickly turned into a string of sexual encounters, problematic for Split Second since Dupli-Kate was dating Rex Splode. Nova met her father's employer, Dr. Angstrom Levy, who revealed that he only hired the man to get to Nova. He disclosed that his research in alternate realities indicated that she and her friends all had superpowers. He then revealed that in every other reality he's visited, Nova and her colleagues had died at the hands of the superhero Invincible, son of Omni-Man. Nova and Jackson continued dating. Jealous over Jackson's personal life as well as his superpowers, Jacob attacked Nova's house. Finding Nova's roommate at home rather than Nova, Jacob hospitalized her and her boyfriend. Mainframe meanwhile began building a synthetic body for his AI assistant Aya, whom he began referring to as his "daughter."

Justitia also reached an agreement with the police chief where she would join (or rejoin, rather) the police force to inspire greater public confidence in its collective safety. In return, Justitia was put in charge of a PD/DEA team tasked with bringing down the "supers" drug production source - a low-grade villain working for Machine Head and the Masters of Terror. Before she could act in this role, she began training her brother Juan. During a training run, the two stumbled on the Mauler Twins. The B-rate but incredibly smart goons had just reattached the head of the Immortal (a member of the Guardians of the Globe) to his body. Justitia and Juan witnessed the resurrected hero burst into flight in a rage.

Elsewhere, several members of Valor Unlimited visited the slum territory of the anti-hero Spawn, questioning him about the death of the Guardians of the Globe. With his magical power - rumored to be unlimited - and his mental problems, he remained near the top of the list of suspects in the murders. Not long thereafter, the team witnessed (via news on TV) the return of the Immortal. He publicly attacked Omni-Man. The fight took to the skies and Valor Unlimited scrambled to intervene and learn more about what the hell was going on but by the time they caught up, Split Second found only the gruesome remains (really only half of them) of the Immortal. Minutes later, the entire world was aware of an ongoing epic brawl between Omni-Man and Invincible. The battle stretched over most of New York City, laying waste to the city's infrastructure as Omni-Man knocked his son through buildings. Mainframe heroically charged into the fight to defend Invincible but was quickly knocked out of commission by the alien superhuman Omni-Man. Minutes later, the battle ended with Invincible near death and Omni-Man apparently flying far away from planet Earth. The members of Valor Unlimited turned their attention to saving residents of New York City from the battle's destruction.
                        Originally posted by Issue 5
                        As Invincible recovered from the battle with his father Omni-Man, Valor Unlimited worked on a much smaller scale than they had in the New York City battle. Mainframe began looking into android technology to complete his work on Aya. Split Second found himself in relationship problems, as Dupli-Kate's hero-worship of the Immortal sparked a relationship once the hero returned from death yet again. More dramatically, Jackson received a call from his old rival, Jacob, who taunted him that he would never be fast enough to save his girlfriend Stacy - unknown to Jacob to be the superheroine Nova. The villain then attacked Nova's house. Nova attempted to get her friend to safety but Jacob's attack was merciless. Jackson arrived to witness Jacob throwing Nova into a tree. The hero swooped in to confront Jacob... whose powers were the result of the "supers" drug - and failed on him mid-fight. Jackson's first attack on Jacob was his last, instantly killing the psychotic former-friend.

Elsewhere, Mr. DNA followed his sister Dora to LA. As a member of the investigation team under Justitia's lead, Dora apparently invited Jack Flash's brother Blake to the City of Angels. Mr. DNA learned that Blake had been making passes at his sister, but also assisting her in stakeouts. Dora also confided that Blake had superpowers - albeit ones he couldn't control well. Mr. DNA worried that Blake's interest in Dora had quite a lot to do with Blake's grudge against Valor Unlimited, particularly since Mr. DNA's "double" Mr. Kamikaze was dating Dora. Blake and Mr. DNA had a heated exchange, leading to Dora telling Blake off.

As the members of Valor Unlimited staked out the base of operations of Machine Head and the Masters of Terror, Invincible made a move against the criminal organization. Meanwhile, Blake tried to win back Dora's approval by attacking one of the crime syndicate's other properties. Split Second talked down the electromagnetic energy controlling vigilante while the other members of Valor Unlimited rushed to assist Invincible. The fight ended with Machine Head and his bodyguards in police custody.
                        Last edited by RedBstrd; 09-21-2014, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Ok, now that my summaries of what has come before is up, hopefully everyone will have a sense of what has come before.

It appears that we have 3 people from the original cast already vocal about interest in starting back up (Lord Fell, CaptainChaos, Kaisius), two players silent on the matter so far (Flynnarrel, Hound), and 2 people MIA (Neo-Paladin, Project Icarus). At the minimum, then we can recruit 2 players to replace Justitia (Neo-Paladin) and Flare (Project Icarus). Hopefully Flynnarrel and Hound are still with us.

If that's our surviving line-up, then we have the following heroes:

Originally posted by For certain
                          Smart Patrol - Split personality and metaphysical identity: may be either a genius telepath or "perfect specimen" stuntman
                          Jackson Wright - Telekinetic paragon
                          Nova - Cosmic energy controller
                          Originally posted by Possible
                          Split Second - Speedster and minor celebrity
                          Mainframe - Battlesuit wearing genius
                          At minimum, we need 2 new players to replace the inactives. If Hound and flynnarrel do not rejoin us, then we'll need a full four players. Before I change the thread into a true recruitment thread, I really want to know whether Hound and flynnarrel are on board. I expected them to be, but if we only have 3 of the original 7 cast members, then we may wish to consider starting a fresh game rather than restarting this one. Regardless, I'll give it a few days to see what happens.

Comment

Just wanted to give this a bump, as I see the synopsis is almost done.
                            ...I think there's also room for some of the originals to chime in, as well as our "on deck" people, and other hopefuls.

Edit
                            ...was called away while posting, so I didn't see this. I thought Hound was around, so I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in. Also, it would be unfortunate to lose our Field Leader (Justitia) but if Neo-Paladin isn't around, so be it.

What would a reboot look like? Would we start fresh at the first episode, as it were?
                            Last edited by Lord Fell; 09-21-2014, 08:54 PM.
                            Fell's Fellas, ATT Archive
                            Realms of Desolace, Ronin Army Roll-Call

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Fell View Post
                              Just wanted to give this a bump, as I see the synopsis is almost done.
                              ...I think there's also room for some of the originals to chime in, as well as our "on deck" people, and other hopefuls.

Edit
                              ...was called away while posting, so I didn't see this. I thought Hound was around, so I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in. Also, it would be unfortunate to lose our Field Leader (Justitia) but if Neo-Paladin isn't around, so be it.

What would a reboot look like? Would we start fresh at the first episode, as it were?
                              No, we hadn't really done anything yet in the 6th Issue (Chapter), so we'd start there as long as we have enough of the original cast to justify doing so. If not, then I'd push for a replacement campaign to start from scratch. It is a lot of work to run a campaign set alongside the Invincible plot, so I won't take on that burden if we only have 3 original cast members on board.

Comment

Working...
                              X