Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adventures Assemble S2E3: Call to Arms!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E3: Call to Arms!

    Originally posted by Ysariel View Post
    Qora
    Downtown Apartment

    While you're not quite the image of a hacker, Sparky is able to find you some interesting nuggets about Motherboard and the Cybertribe -- mainly that they consider themselves Robin Hood-style do-gooders, striking against the establishment for the greater good. They frequently clash with corporations around Silicon Alley and their security forces (Amethyst notably has no less than three dates ruined by their attacks, to the point tabloids are speculating how many men still dare to date a high-risk personality), although this has also won them a small but dedicated fanbase. Most people familiar with them do not actually know what you do, that the Cybertribe are really children.

    It's lunchtime. you're attending to business at your new property: A few tradespeople are working on the plumbing and installing light fixtures, Steven is getting his workspace set up, and of course, there are explosions. BOOM!

    "THE SILVER BANSHEES SOUND THE CRIES OF THE VENGEFUL DEAD!" you hear someone thunder through a loudhailer, and you can hear the whine of the Banshees' jet-turbine battlesuits. "TO THE ALIEN FILTH KNOWN AS QORA TANA, COME OUT THIS INSTANT, HANDS OVER YOUR HEAD, AND YOUR HUMAN CONSPIRATORS WILL BE SPARED. REFUSE, AND DIE IN AGONY!"

    Another explosion as the speaker fires her sonic cannon into the air as a warning shot. You can already hear screams as people on the street scramble to get out of the way of an imminent super-battle.

    OOC
    You begin with 2 HP for writing an interlude.

    Motherboard actually will not be relevant this adventure, but I will follow up on your investigation in a later post.

    I trigger your ET go home! complication, and the Silver Banshees have deployed warpspace disruptors (Nullify teleport 10). You must pass a DC 20 Will check to use your Warpstep (make only 1 check and the results last the entire scene).

    You choose how to approach the situation, and the occupants of the building generally obey your instructions. If you take any hostile action, or exit the building without hands over your head, the Silver Banshees attack immediately; roll initiative. You can make a Perception check without exiting to determine how many Banshees there are.

    You can also do anything you consider reasonable.
    Qora
    HP 3 Condition fine

    will: _: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15

    "Be calm," Qora says to the plumbers, "Steven, run the standard villain evacuation procedure to see that every one is out, no one panic, I will deal with this."

    inwardly, Qora fumes. the Banshees have upgraded their interdiction software, forcing her hand, or rather feet as she calmly makes her way down a fire stairwell before reaching the lobby and walking out the front door

    "this had better be important," she says, arms above her head, mostly to stretch them out, but she keeps them up as per the ultimatum. "and for future reference, this is the sort of thing that's supposed to be cleared through my secretary in advance"

    Comment


    • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E3: Call to Arms!

      Kisai

      Originally posted by Ysariel View Post
      It is Adrian Eldritch, until very recently Earth's Master Mage. Also until very recently believed deceased, until he showed up to help you deal with Jasmine.

      "Come," he says. "Let's go for a walk."
      Philip lets out a heavy sigh. He looks down at the bag of dog bisuits and grunts. He had hoped to find Gelert and do something... it didn't matter what. He just always felt better being around the dog, and he could really use some of that now. The cookies weren't a bribe, just payment for making him feel better.

      With the exception of one night - which Celeste made clear was a one time thing, Philip hasn't been able to shake the depression since he first found out what Jasmine was doing, and what he would have to do to stop her. Add on the fact he used her true name - something she gave him as the ultimate sign of trust - to bind her away from this dimension for at least a century because he didn't think he was strong enough to fight her again and again.

      He walks downstairs and to the stairs and opens the door.

      "Sure. Why not?"
      [HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

      Comment


      • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E2: Return to Dakana

        Originally posted by Ysariel View Post
        Moonlight
        Flagship Island

        After using Baako's paraphernalia to ritually establish yourself as the leader of his beast-men, you send them to lead peaceful lives far from the Dakanans. Upon returning to Phoenix Bay, learning English with Gelert and training in the crashed battleship occupy most of your time, with the exception of a few days you spent visiting several NASA laboratories. Your visits, however, bore no fruit. Human science -- even super-science -- has yet to find a way home for you.

        You are out taking an evening walk after training on the deck of Lord Steel's crashed battleship (now your HQ). Seabirds overfly the rusting hull, a ship's horn sounds in the distance, and waves lap at the sand scattered across the main deck. And then, something unusual happens. A chill wind blows, and you sense it: there is something unsettling in the air, and...

        Three figures step out to confront you, emerging simultaneously from behind launch chutes, corners and gun turrets. They from a roughly equilateral triangle about you. One is a young woman in a black jacket, leather shorts and crop top. The second is a lean, bare-chested man in his late twenties wearing green silk trousers embroidered with dragon designs. The last, and obviously the leader, wears a white trenchcoat and bodysuit beneath. All three of the wear masks, but the woman in white's is the most ornate, with floral patterns that suggest a rose. There's no sign of how they might have got here.

        "You," the woman in white asks in a neutral tone. "You are a friend of Nightbird, are you not?"

        None of the other Champions at at the base right now; you are alone on the ship.

        OOC
        You start with 2 HP for writing an interlude.

        I trigger your stranger in a strange land complication and due to your unfamiliarity with human ways, you don't get an Insight check to judge whether her intent is hostile or benign; gain 1 HP.

        You can answer however you wish, or refuse to answer by saying nothing. You can also do whatever you feel is reasonable.
        Moonlight
        HP: 3 LP: 1
        Condition: Fine

        Aranel loved this kind of evening, the wind blowing through her hair and the stars in the sky. So who are these people to come and ruin it! "Nightbird is my friend and I will allow no harm to come to her. Now tell me how you got here and what your business with her is before I become truly enraged at having my quiet night interrupted!" The very air began to swirl around Aranel tightly, she wouldn't initiate hostilities but would be prepared to defend herself if needed.

        Comment


        • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E2: Return to Dakana

          Nightbird
          HP: 2
          Condition: Normal


          Sometimes Imogen wondered just how gullible some people were, Blackhawk was going to nuke the city, she even pressed the button to set off her bomb and yet after a couple of "yes sir I will do what you say, please, I'm sorry and thank-yous" she was deemed low risk, moved out of Deep 6 and surprise surprise blew a hole in the wall of her new prison to escape. Just because Blackhawk couldn't fly, shoot lasers from her eyes or bend a steel bar in two it didn't mean she was any less dangerous for having no powers, personally Imogen felt it made Blackhawk even more dangerous and now she had to find that nut-job again.

          After parking her motorcycle on the top of a nearby warehouse Imogen looked down at one of the more rundown bars in Whatley's Folly the aptly named "One Last Pint" which from her inquires over the last couple of days seemed to have piqued Blackhawk's interest. She still couldn't help but smile about how one of the guys she had politely asked last night had complained about the fact she had given him a second black eye after already giving him one the previous night, all she could say was that his face was too pretty and needed balance and if she was honest, yes he did have a very pretty face and she would kill to have his eyelashes.

          Still watching the bar, Imoegn readied herself to move. If it wasn't Blackhawk she was hunting Imogen would probably have entered the bar in civvies but Blackhawk had met her in the past and even though she was 2 sandwiches short of a picnic the woman wasn't an idiot and could recognise her face.

          Taking advantage of some clouds crossing the face of the moon Imogen made her way into the bar.





          OOC

          Nightbird is in costume and will use Stealth Mastery +24 to enter the bar. Her motorcycle is parked on the roof of a nearby warehouse.

          Comment


          • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E3: Call to Arms!

            Originally posted by Ysariel View Post
            Gelert
            Bernard Clairvaux Medical Center

            It's a bittersweet moment: 12-year old Jessica's speech impediment and general anxiety disorder have improved by leaps and bounds after undergoing therapy with you, but now that she is able to lead a normal life again you will likely not see her very often. She's come to Bernard Clairvaux where you work to throw a small party in your honor, and there is cake and donuts.
            Gelert was always happy when a patient got better, even if it meant he didn't get to see one of his friends as often any more. This was why he had people set up an email and social media page for him so he could keep in touch with all his hospital friends once they got better.

            Originally posted by Ysariel View Post
            Before anyone can get a slice of cake you hear a ruckus outside. Your doggy ears pick up shouts of "Hey! You're not allowed in there!" and "No running in the hallways!". A second later, the door bursts open. It is Simon, the young Lor refugee who brought you the strange, drill-shaped device that*downloaded information on the Incarnates into your device.

            "Gelert! Gelert!" he gasps. "I've been looking all over for you. Something terrible has happened!"

            "I overheard some people at the refugee center the other day.," he explains. "They were talking about weapons and arming themselves. Gelert, I don't know what they're up to, but it sounds dangerous. I can bring you to them. Please talk them out of this!"
            Concerned Gelert is concerned. "That definitely sounds like the build up to something terrible. Hopefully we can avoid that. Simon I need you to tell me everything you can remember about what you heard."

            Originally posted by Ysariel View Post
            Ever since Phoenix Bay was declared a Sanctuary City, aliens from across the nation (and the stars) have been gathering here, and currently they are mostly housed in a large container park to the city's east near Liberty Port. That's the refugee center Simon is talking about.

            "I'm coming too," Jessica says.

            "Absolutely not," one of the hospital staff puts his foot down. "It's too dangerous!"

            "But he gets to go!" she points a Simon.

            "I LIVE there!"

            They squabble on and on.
            Gelert addresses the squabbling children. "Jessica, I'm sorry I have to leave so soon but you can't come along. This could be dangerous. In fact if I didn't need directions and information about the situation, I'd probably ask Simon to stay here too. As much as I'm going to miss our regular sessions the last thing in the universe that I would want is one of my friends to end up stuck in the hospital. So please stay here where its safe."

            Turning to the extra-terrestrial boy Gelert said "Come on you can tell me everything on the way."

            Originally posted by Ysariel View Post
            OOC
            You can leave immediately and/or question Simon further, either here or on the way there. If you approach the refugee center (located near Liberty port, so a short flight across the Bay itself), decide whether you approach openly (no checks) or without being seen (Stealth check).
            Gelert feels that this is a potentially delicate situation and wants to avoid drawing a ton of attention to it, no sense causing a panic. So rather than just flying right up to the refugee center he lands a little ways away and just walks the rest of the way with Simon. Inconspicuously. Just a boy and a dog walking to the center, nothing exciting to see here.

            OOC: Stealth (+12): [5]+12=17

            Comment


            • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E3: Call to Arms!

              Qora
              Downtown Apartment

              The plumbers and electricians exchange looks. Steven swallows worriedly and nods. "There's a basement tunnel leading to an old air raid shelter across the street," he says to them, waving them towards a stairwell. "Follow me!"

              As you exit into bright midday sunlight, you see there are no less than eight Silver Banshees hovering about the apartment building. Sparky chirps at your side, and you see that a spherical drone, apparently unarmed, is hovering in the air dead center above the apartment building, about 30ft above the roof. You can't be completely sure of its function, but it's a safe bet that it's projecting the warpspace jammer field. Elsewhere, passers-by are scrambling for cover and vehicles are hurriedly swerving out of the way or backing up into safety; a few people abandon their cars in the middle of the street.

              "YOUR SECRETARY," thunders what is apparently the leader of the Banshees, "IS A HUMAN CONSPIRATOR BEING SPARED ONLY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR COOPERATION. FOR YOUR INVOLVEMENT IN THE DESIGNATION OF PHOENIX BAY AS A 'SANCTUARY' FOR ALIENS, YOU ARE HEREBY SENTENCED TO THE JUSTICE OF THE PEOPLE! RESTRAIN HER!"

              Two of the banshees land and walk towards you, holding what look like extremely heavy-duty manacles: they look as if they could handcuff an elephant. They move to put your arms and legs in the restraints!

              Assessment
              The Silver Banshees are all PL 9 minions, except for the leader (holding loudhailer), who is a PL 11 minion.

              The 2 Banshees holding the restraints are close enough to get with a melee takedown attack, but the remaining 6 are hovering far enough apart that they aren't.


              Expertise: Courtly Intrigue 5
              You believe you see why the Banshees are not attacking at once. They want to make a grand spectacle out of this, and likely have some kind of elaborate execution or mock trial planned.


              OOC
              You can let the Silver Banshees put the restrains on you without resisting.

              Alternately, you can resist: roll initiative (the banshees roll 15, so if you beat that, you can also post your action for round 1). The Banshees expect you to fight, so neither side gets a surprise round.

              Comment


              • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E3: Call to Arms!

                Kisai
                Happy Science

                Eldritch looks at you as you open the door, opens his mouth to say something, then closes it. His eyes are gentle.

                "You look like hell," he speaks at last. "I came here to talk to you, but... do you want to talk? Perhaps about the incident last time we met?"

                He means Jasmine, naturally.

                Comment


                • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E3: Call to Arms!

                  Kisai

                  "What's there to talk about," Philip says as he follows the Master Mage. "She crossed a line... in a very bad way. I was supposed to keep her from doing that. I failed, so I had to stop her."

                  There is a depressing resolve in Philip's voice. Like if he had to do it over again a thousand times, he would do it the same each and every time.

                  And hate himself more and more each and every time.

                  "But you didn't come all this way to discuss my relationship matters. How can I help you?"
                  [HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

                  Comment


                  • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E3: Call to Arms!

                    Originally posted by Ysariel View Post
                    Qora

                    "YOUR SECRETARY," thunders what is apparently the leader of the Banshees, "IS A HUMAN CONSPIRATOR BEING SPARED ONLY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR COOPERATION. FOR YOUR INVOLVEMENT IN THE DESIGNATION OF PHOENIX BAY AS A 'SANCTUARY' FOR ALIENS, YOU ARE HEREBY SENTENCED TO THE JUSTICE OF THE PEOPLE! RESTRAIN HER!"

                    Two of the banshees land and walk towards you, holding what look like extremely heavy-duty manacles: they look as if they could handcuff an elephant. They move to put your arms and legs in the restraints!
                    Qora goes along with this ridiculous display for the time being, her attitude one of annoyance, but she knows better than to risk harm to civilians on her doorstep

                    "Let us get this over with" she sighs, "It will at the least give me reason to cancel my one o'clock with Roxtar, whom while a proudly boorish lout, had the courtesy to call and schedule ahead like a civilized being"

                    Comment


                    • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E2: Return to Dakana

                      Moonlight
                      Flagship Island

                      Originally posted by Moonlight View Post
                      "Nightbird is my friend and I will allow no harm to come to her. Now tell me how you got here and what your business with her is before I become truly enraged at having my quiet night interrupted!"
                      "Oooh, she's full of spunk," sneers the young woman in black. "You better hope Nightbird feels the same way about you, elf. You're not gonna stay useful to us very long otherwise."

                      "We should've gone after the dog," growls the man in green. "A housepet dependent upon a sorcerous trinket to fight is easily dispatched."

                      The girl in black cocks her head. "What, the mighty Jade Dragon, skeeeered of a little challenge? Picking on puppies? No wonder Killpatrick kicked your ass and it's still sore after all those years."

                      Jade Dragon does not rise to the bait. "He and I were like you, once: stupid, rash and prideful. I have since learned to consider naught else but victory."

                      "Silence!" roars the woman in white. "Nyx, Jade Dragon, restrain her."

                      They advance on you. The wind about them quivers and trembles with the tension of their hostile intent, not that they make any attempt to conceal it. "Not a scratch," the woman in white reminds them. "I want her in good condition to use as a bargaining chip."

                      OOC
                      The villains attack. You cannot be taken by surprise, so initiative is rolled and the two villains go first.

                      Both Nyx and the Jade Dragon are rogues: minions who suffer the maximum fail condition on failing resistance checks by 2 or more degrees, and automatically escape if incapacitated by damage.


                      Nyx is the first to attack, breaking into a run, her feet completely silent on the metal surface of the main deck. "Surprise," she breathes as she lunges forward at you at point-blank range, swinging a fist at your face -- but at the last moment, her fingers fly open to release a fistful of black powder! Your mouth and nose instantly fill with a choking sensation: poison dust!

                      The Jade Dragon circles both of you, body crouched low in a combat stance but making no move to attack. Instead he observes you with an intensity in his dark eyes that is terrifying to behold.

                      OOC
                      Nyx advances to close range as a Move action and uses Poison dust on you as a Standard action. Power attacking for 3, she just barely hits your parry 10. Make a DC 21 Fort check vs Affliction [Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated]. This Affliction is cumulative.

                      Jade Dragon advances to a distance of 20ft from you and uses Eye of the Dragon on you as a Standard action.
                      Perception range so hits automatically
                      Make a Parry check vs DC 20. This power is Insidious, so you don't know what it does.


                      Turn Order
                      23 Nyx (rogue)
                      22 Jade Dragon (rogue)

                      15 Moonlight *


                      You are up!

                      Comment


                      • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E2: Return to Dakana

                        Nightbird
                        Whatley's Folly

                        The nightclub's rickety security systems are no match for you. You easily find an old ventilation shaft, pry open the cover, and squeeze through. Peering through the slits of the ventilation grilles, you observe the inside of the nightclub. Obnoxious techno music and multicolored laser light pulses through the space, and sweaty bodies gyrate on the dance floor amidst ample servings of alcohol. The clientèle is predominantly the younger crowd.

                        One table in particular catches your attention...

                        Perception
                        You see three men huddled around a table and several bottles of beer, pretending to watch the people dancing on the floor. Cigarette smoke coils about them like a wreath of snakes. None of them look like they're in their thirties yet, but already two of them sport scars on their faces and tattooed arms. You see that there are two locked briefcases on the seats between them.

                        "How much longer must we wait?" one complains. "I'm gonna be mighty pissed if this 'Blackhawk' doesn't show up."

                        "She will," #2 reassures. "She pays good. I've done business with her before. Be patient."

                        "This chick's crazy," says the third. "I heard during the business with the Iron Curtain, she tried to explode the city's antimatter reactor. Some kind of deal to take Lord Steel out before he could drain the world's superpowers. And remember that showdown at Deep Six? Word on the street is, she planned to blow up the entire prison with its nuclear reactor. Get rid of the prisoners and heroes all in one go."

                        "Good thing Nightbird took care of her, then," sneers the man who spoke first. "Both them nutsos can deal with each other. Preferrably after I get paid. Gonna take a piss," he growls, pushing back his chair and standing up.



                        OOC
                        You can ambush the man heading to relieve himself: a DC 15 attack check (10 + his parry defense) will allow you to take and hold him hostage.

                        Alternately, you can continue waiting to see if Blackhawk shows up (no check).

                        Alternately, you can try to steal the suitcases next to the men without them noticing. You must pass both a new Stealth check and Sleight of Hand check, opposed by their Perception.

                        You can also do anything else you consider reasonable.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E3: Call to Arms!

                          Moonlight
                          HP: 3 LP: 1
                          Condition: Fine

                          Aranel's eyes were ablaze, tiny flames flickering to show the fury bubbling up. "You dare to try and restrain a princess of the Elemental Elves! And presume to use me as a hostage to harm my friend, you will all suffer for this!" The winds flowing around her blow the poison dust away before it can even touch her. A sphere of flame forms in front of Aranel, as she motions her hands about to stretch it out into a long whip, making it move towards her foes like a fiery serpent.

                          OOC: Fortitude check: Fortitude check of 27 Parry check: Parry check of 13 Elemental Whip [fire descriptor]: Ranged Shapeable Area 8, Indirect 4, DC 23 Dodge check for half, DC 23 or 19 if they make the Dodge check.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E3: Call to Arms!

                            Nightbird
                            HP: 2 > 1
                            Condition: Normal


                            The bar was pretty much what Imogen expected for this part of town, fortunately it didn't take too long to find something of interest.


                            You see three men huddled around a table and several bottles of beer, pretending to watch the people dancing on the floor. Cigarette smoke coils about them like a wreath of snakes. None of them look like they're in their thirties yet, but already two of them sport scars on their faces and tattooed arms. You see that there are two locked briefcases on the seats between them.

                            "How much longer must we wait?" one complains. "I'm gonna be mighty pissed if this 'Blackhawk' doesn't show up."

                            "She will," #2 reassures. "She pays good. I've done business with her before. Be patient."

                            "This chick's crazy," says the third. "I heard during the business with the Iron Curtain, she tried to explode the city's antimatter reactor. Some kind of deal to take Lord Steel out before he could drain the world's superpowers. And remember that showdown at Deep Six? Word on the street is, she planned to blow up the entire prison with its nuclear reactor. Get rid of the prisoners and heroes all in one go."

                            "Good thing Nightbird took care of her, then," sneers the man who spoke first. "Both them nutsos can deal with each other. Preferrably after I get paid. Gonna take a piss," he growls, pushing back his chair and standing up.
                            "I am not a nutso" was Imogen's first reaction to the man's comment and for a moment she was very tempted to follow him and have a little heart to heart but she could smell the stench from the gents from where she was hiding on the other side of the room and really didn't want to get any closer to it.

                            Realising the remaining guys at the table were momentarily distracted by a young woman whose breasts were falling out of her top due to her vigorous dancing style, Imogen quickly made her way to the table to swipe one of the suitcases returning to her hiding place.




                            Use Stealth Mastery +24 to sneak over to the table and then Sleight of Hand to swipe a suitcase

                            Nightbird Sleight of Hand: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15

                            Yuck HP to reroll

                            Nightbird Sleight of Hand: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17
                            + 10 = 27

                            Comment


                            • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E2: Return to Dakana

                              Gelert
                              Bernard Clairvaux Medical Center > Liberty Port, refugee center

                              "Awww," Jessica says, disappointed... although Simon doesn't seem thrilled to have 'won' the squabble. That's how you know this is serious
                              .
                              "Take care, Gelert," she says, scratching you on the head. "I'll send you fan mail!"

                              As you carry Simon on a force construct, flying low over the water to avoid radar and being spotted, Simon explains the situation quickly. "Two days ago, I heard some of the other refugees whispering to each other. I heard very clearly that they said 'we won't be victims anymore' and 'She will give us the strength to fight back'. One of them then asked, 'when are the weapons arriving?' and they said 'Thursday'."

                              Thursday is today.

                              "I tried to tell the police around the refugee center, but they didn't seem to believe me. And I tried to get this stupid thing to contact you but it didn't work!" He takes out the drill-shaped device that downloaded information about the Incarnates into your ring and shakes it violently. It remains dark. The boy looks very agitated, although apparently being unfamiliar with Earth technology, he hasn't thought of just emailing you.

                              The Phoenix Bay Interstellar Refugee Center is a large, makeshift facility set up next to Liberty Port. Here there are medical facilities for helping injured aliens, cultural and education centers to help them adjust to life on Earth, and recreation and exercise spaces to keep the refugees busy. Most of the facility is centered around a large space where habitation modules have been constructed out of shipping containers, including special homes for aliens whose physiology is unable to survive under Earth conditions. The PBPD is responsible for maintaining security of the area.

                              "Look," Simon says.

                              Walking along the sidewalk, approaching the refugee center, you see a convoy of trucks approach it. A disinterested guard in a police uniform walks up to speak with the (human) driver of the lead truck. The conversation goes on for some time; the barrier at the gate is not raised.

                              OOC
                              You can approach the checkpoint to speak with the police guard or the convoy drivers if you like (no check).
                              You can also fly into the refugee center easily, if you prefer to investigate the conditions within.
                              You can also do whatever you consider reasonable.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Adventures Assemble S2E3: Call to Arms!

                                Kisai
                                Happy Science > Silicon Alley, sidewalk

                                "But you didn't come all this way to discuss my relationship matters. How can I help you?"
                                Eldritch looks at you searchingly for a long time. At last, he nods. "Very well. Perhaps it is for this resolve that the dragon chose you."

                                He turns, beckons for you to follow as he starts walking down the sidewalk. It is dark, and energy-efficient lighting casts pools of pale white light down the streets. In the buildings lining the street, windows glow where techies continue working late into the night, the victims of crunch time. "I have come to tell you about your dragon. You deserve to know."

                                He starts walking down the sidewalk. "To become Master Mage," Eldritch says, "one must fulfill two conditions. He or she must be elected by the magical fraternity, and thus granted access to the Akashic Records in Shamballa. Then, he or she must win the homage of the myriad guardian spirits of Earth, and be granted their powers."

                                "Four among these spirits are mightier than all others. The Japanese knew them as Byakko of the West, the White Tiger; Genbu of the North, the World Tortoise; Suzaku of the South, whom other civilizations called Phoenix and Simurgh..."

                                He points to you. "And your dragon. Seiryu of the East. The Azure Dragon, though I believe that name is merely poetic, founded in the association of dragons with the sea."

                                "You now know the secret your father hid from you for so long, that none of the pretenders who covet the position of Master Mage have seen fit to tell you. The kami of the Saito family is no mere eidolon, but one*of the beings who will decide who the next Master Mage is. You have power and immense influence, Kisai. You will not be left alone for as long as you possess it, not the least by your father. And you are in no small danger, either."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X