Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[2e] Terminusscape: Plucking Light From Darkness [IC]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [2e] Terminusscape: Plucking Light From Darkness [IC]

    Previously, the crew of dimensional orphans haven't fared so well in the Terminus. First, they find themselves on a living ship being transported for experimentation purposes. If that wasn't bad enough, the ship gets attacked by shadows who, while inadvertently freeing the crew, also force the ship, Ayom, to flee in an unplanned star burst into the heart of the Warpwold. Fortune finally smiled on the crew as they are able to dispatch the remaining drones and shadows. As all people know, fortune can be a fickle friend. It decides to leave the crew stranded in the Warpwold to slowly go mad and ultimately be driven to seek aid from a powerful being with an appetite for clones. Just escaping death by black hole, the crew escapes with a mad alchemist and Ayom manages to summon up enough energy for star bursting back into more sane space.

    All seemed right with the world until temporal weapons in the early stages of development plagued the ship and Faethor started having visions of whole planets being wiped from history. Not a crew to run from danger, they find themselves on a planet dedicated to growing an orange root that apparently causes an opium like bliss. The only real city of note is a shimmering gem in a sea of orange. This gem holds secrets, not the least of which is the feeling of other sith around and the massive capital ship of Shadivan Steelgrave orbiting the planet. Always up for digging, half the crew follow a signal to a central cantina of one of the farm areas 100 miles outside the city. The other half stay by the shuttle with the mad alchemist. Those who go to the cantina are treated to a jovial scene of mercenaries eating orange roots just like the downtrodden workers. Everyone seems happy except the bar tender who is too busy serving the patrons. An inviting black curtain behind the bar beckons the two crew. One would think that those who remained at the shuttle would have an easier go of it. This is never the case when spending time with a mad and starving alchemist craving flesh to make a succulent stew. A little dirt, minor magic, and root is all that Woozel needs to escape. His flight is cut short by a fireball that sears his skin off. This fireball doesn't go unnoticed by the workers who start moving closer to it and the crew guarding the shuttle.

    Last edited by mrdent12; 10-15-2016, 01:38 PM.
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

  • #2
    Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

    Shirin
    Condition: Fatigued / HP: 1-1 (recover fatigue) = 0 / Luck: 1-1 = 0

    I surged last round so I'm fatigued. Spend 1 HP and recover from fatigue.
    "Feel free to beg for mercy," Shirin taunts as she floats by Woozel's stricken form, lying on her carpet with her head propped up on one elbow. With her free hand she spins another globe of flame from thin air and launches it at Woozel.

    The traitorous, ungrateful bastard, he deserves a much slower and more painful death, but this is all that's practical under the circumstances.

    Attack roll vs Woozel (1d20+5=14) spend my Luck point and reroll
    Reroll Attack roll vs Woozel (1d20+5=7) reroll makes that 17
    DC 30 Toughness check if it hits

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

      Faethor
      HP: 1
      Cnd: Healthy
      Loc.: Shuttle


      Faethor watched Shirin shrink to the size of a dot, monitoring what was going on in the distance without leaving the shuttle. Feeling it best to inform the others of a potential ripple in their plans, he retrieved his communicator and opened a channel to Jet and Silver Hawk. He said nothing, at first, letting the sound of dead air coming from their communication devices raise their curiosity. For all he knew they were in the middle of a conversation with one of the locals. Suddenly speaking would spawn too many questions. So Faethor waited for one of them to acknowledge before speaking in a lowered voice.

      "Woozel ignored our warnings. Shirin is dealing with him. However the locals have taken notice. Continue as planned for now, just be aware there may be increased activity ... and we may need to relocate the shuttle."
      Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

        Jet
        HP: 1;

        As Tyler waits for Mary to make her distraction, he is surprised by the click of the communicator. When he hears about Woozel, he isn't terribly surprised.

        The news about moving the shuttle leaves him confused. Does Faethor expect him to come out there and move it, or did they plan on manhandling the shuttle to a new location?

        He doesn't want to draw any attention to himself, so he chooses not to respond back; if Faethor wants him to come out, he will just have to be more clear.
        [HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

          A Djinns Anger

          Shirins fireball of doom fries Woozel until he is extra crispy. All that remains of the crazed alchemist is his charred remains.

          Shirin gets a HP for doing more than a simple attack roll.
          DC30 toughness (1d20+10=12)
          [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

            Silver Hawke


            Nothing seemed out of order as far as Mary could tell, if anything people were too happy apart from the lone woman serving the room.

            Noticing Jet waiting patiently across the room Mary continued her menadering moving closer to a group of mercenaries. Walking closely pass the largest mercenary Mary made a little jump dropping her bowl to the ground before spinning round on the spot her hand loudly slapping the cheek of the mercenary "How Dare You! Keep your hands to yourself." Mary shouted indigently, her voice easily heard by everybody in the room.

            Mary will slap one of the mercenaries hard but not so hard. as to knock him over or send him through the nearest wall.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

              Shirin steers her carpet back to where Faethor is and hops off. "There are workers coming," she says. "And I would rather not see them poking around this shuttle. If they get close, what do you plan to do?"

              "I could weave a mirage. But having seen the shuttle, they would need to be very superstitious or dull to be fooled."

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

                Faethor
                HP: 1
                Cnd: Healthy
                Loc.: Shuttle


                After his message was delivered Faethor slipped the communicator back into his pocket and awaited Shirin's return. He was expecting her question, it seemed, as the man had a answer waiting for her.

                "I will move the shuttle. Employ your mirage to conceal it and ourselves if you are able. If we can ride your carpet directly above the shuttle, that'll limit the area you need to mask, and allow us to move more swiftly."

                As he spoke about riding the carpet he motioned to the top of the shuttle. Briefly he took a look back the way Shirin had come from to gauge the distance of the farmers. When his attention was once again on the matter at hand Faethor raised his left hand, palm open and facing up. With the gesture the shuttle rose from the ground stopping at a couple feet.

                Originally posted by OOC
                Once Shirin is ready Faethor will use his Telekinesis to move the shuttle. It give him an effective Strength of 50 for lifting. Examples for the heavy load at that rank are: fighter jet, semi, streetcar. If need be Faethor will use Extra Effort to Power Stunt rank 12 Telekinesis with Distracting and two ranks of Inaccurate.

                Originally posted by Power Description
                "Telekinesis", Move Objects 8 [Power Feats: Subtle (1 pp), Precise (1 pp)]
                Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

                  Cantina Misread Signals

                  Mary may have picked the largest mercenary, but she also picked the one who was the most stoned, which meant he was beyond any measurable amount of drugged out and high. All of the patrons in the bar laugh at the spectacle and keep a close eye on the scene. It isn't long before the large man, one and half times the size of Conan the barbarian, pulls Silver Hawke in with an unseen appendage that feels sort of like a tentacle of an octopus. Once close enough, he plants a slimy kiss on her lips. In a boisterous and very jovial voice he proclaims to all the patrons looking happily at the scene, "Oh honey, if you wanted to kiss me all you needed to do was ask. A cute creature like you doesn't have to put on a show of resisting just to get me going." His remarks cause all of the patrons to let out a merry laugh. If it wasn't obvious what the mercenaries new intentions were before, he plants another kiss on Mary's lips that feels like green sludge being poured over her mouth. His mercenary friends just watch and cheer him on. The only one not laughing is the bar maid who is to busy keeping the place clean and focusing on the half full mugs of the brown liquid. Conveniently, there is no one watching the back of the bar area.

                  Shuttle Lift

                  In the distance, it doesn't look like the workers are moving very fast. Faethor figures there is at least half an hour before the workers get close enough to the shuttle for a clear view of it. The shuttle does prove to be heavier than expected, but Faethor is able to dig deep and lift it up. Around the two crew members is only more crops and the central part of the fields with the bar in the distance.

                  I am going to say the shuttle weighs as much as a tank or locomotive.
                  The grab on Silver Hawke is not a proper grab, mechanically speaking. It is for dramatic flair.
                  [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

                    Jet

                    Jet sees Mary get assaulted by the beast of a "man" she slapped. His instinct is to attack the man, but at the last second he stops himself. He has to trust her to handle this.

                    Tyler moves very quickly to the back area.

                    Moving at half speed with Stealth; Speed 7 makes that around 500mph.
                    Stealth: 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19
                    [HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

                      Not So Secret Cantina Meeting

                      Behind the black curtain isn't anything special, if you discount the five creatures discussing something amidst the crates of the orange cubes and barrels of brown liquid. Other than the five clandestine meeting participants, it is a normal store room. The participants are formed up so that two of the participants stand in the middle of the other three sitting or balancing in a crouched position on plastic like barrels. They are all dressed in the typical worker garb rags. In the middle, the two participants look like they could be twins, one male and one female. A creature crouching on a barrel immediately notices Jet enter the storage area. Before he signals the others, Jet manages to hear a little bit of the heated discussion. The siblings speak like they are one with the other picking up sentences in the middle of each other. "We are the leader now. Raga left us in charge if his mission failed and we all saw his body come back like all the others. We need to act, but getting that time weapon from the lab is suicide. Half of our group is dead because of that thing. Rakasha said his dimension never got it to work anyway aside from the occasional momentary time freeze. Now is the time to attack the city while we still have a few of us left. We need to strike...", stops the siblings upon seeing the hand signals and turning around.

                      One of the other group members who is wearing a blue pearl necklace takes the lad. "Who are you and why are you back here? Drigana is serving the abominable root and disgusting happy juice." She doesn't seem very happy and approaches Jet as one approaches an intruder into ones home. Based on her posture, she is a soldier of some sort and is very angry, in stark contrast to the workers in the main bar area.
                      [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

                        Jet

                        Tyler straightens up and removes the hood from his rags.

                        "Pardon my intrusion, but I think someone else can better explain this."

                        Tyler hits the metatrix.

                        Andrel

                        Andrel is only mildly surprised to appear in the middle of the room. Usually, it's him calling one of the others up in strange situations.

                        "You are probably wondering why we're here. Me and my companions picked up a distress call, and we are here about that and a time weapon."
                        [HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

                          Silver Hawke
                          HP: 1
                          Condition: Normal


                          Cheeks flaming Mary hadn't expected the mercenary to react the way he did, all she could think of was the soap and mouthwash back on their ship. After what felt like forever she pulled away from the man mouth opening and closing like a gold fish at a loss of what to say.

                          With a humpf Mary stormed over to the far side of the bar near to the barkeep"Hope Jet found something useful."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

                            Shirin
                            Condition: Normal > Fatigued / HP: 1 / Luck: 0

                            Shirin does not for one moment believe that Faethor can actually lift the shuttle, but is in no mood to argue; at least she can buy them some time. The genie twirls once and thrusts a palm skyward, her eyes focused intently on the shuttle. From the point of view of the villagers, the air shimmers as if under a heat haze, and suddenly the shuttle vanishes. One can see right through where it was to the grass swaying gently in the wind beyond.

                            Behind her mirage Shirin is back on her flying carpet, gauging the effects of her handiwork. "That will delay them a little. Now we must find a way to hide the --"

                            The shuttle floats into the air.

                            "Impressive," the genie admits. For a mortal, she doesn't add, but any sort of praise is rare from her. She steps on her flying carpet and is hovering beside the shuttle in a flash, looking at the pursuing workers behind them.


                            OOC
                            Extra Effort and stunt Illusion 10 [visual, 2pp/rank] (Progression 10) 30pp and create an illusion of the background behind the shuttle, so that the shuttle can't be seen and appears to have suddenly vanished.

                            If you decide this is Concealment instead I will change it to Concealment 2 [visual] (Affects Self & Others +1, Blending +1, Area (Burst) +1, Selective Attack +1, Progression [increase area] 8) 20pp.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: [2e] Terminusscape: Time Keeps On Slippin [IC]

                              Faethor
                              HP: 1
                              Cnd: Fatiuged
                              Loc.: Shuttle


                              Faethor's arm was tense, the muscled flexed with concentration in channeling the Force. He couldn't maintain it indefinitely, but the Sith was loath to admit any weakness. When Shirin moved to the shuttle, flying carpet ready, he took this a sign her preparations were set. Walking over to her he stepped up onto the carpet with her. Briefly he pulled his attention away from his mental labor to look to the west of the area Jet and Silver Hawk gone to. There was more of the same fields. But he'd noted a location similar to heir landing site on the flight down. A spot that wasn't populated. The land had possibly already been worked, or was being saved for another day.

                              "There."

                              He nodded in the direction of his stare.

                              "Take us West of the objective. About the same distance from it as we are now."
                              Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X