X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheGreat058
    started a topic No CreditCard :(

No CreditCard :(

Boy, it's a huge inconvenience I can't use PayPal to buy HeroLab. I don't have a creditcard and, besides this one instance, have never had a reason to have one, so I don't really want to get one.
    Is there ANY other way to pay for HeroLab? Not being able to save my characters is problematically time-inefficient...

• libra113
    replied
    Re: No CreditCard

Originally posted by TheGreat058 View Post
    Boy, it's a huge inconvenience I can't use PayPal to buy HeroLab. I don't have a creditcard and, besides this one instance, have never had a reason to have one, so I don't really want to get one.
    Is there ANY other way to pay for HeroLab? Not being able to save my characters is problematically time-inefficient...
    I bought my copy with a prepaid credit card. You get one for as small amount as you need at various locations and buy it that way.

Leave a comment:

• Rush
    replied

Originally posted by thaumonuclear View Post
    I wouldn't call them behind the times for not printing any more CDs
    I hope that wasn't the impression I gave. Have you been to their website?

(And please note, I'm not saying for a company to be less-than-cutting-edge is bad, especially for a small outfit. But it does suggest certain limitations to one's options when dealing with them.)
    Last edited by Rush; 08-26-2016, 01:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• thaumonuclear
    replied

Originally posted by Rush View Post
    Hero Lab is good software, but the authors are... behind the times, in a number of ways.

I actually bought my copy as packaged software--CDs and everything!--on Amazon a few years back, but last I checked, they're still out of stock. Perhaps eBay or a game company with alternative payment methods might still have a few of the boxed copies for sale.
    I wouldn't call them behind the times for not printing any more CDs

Leave a comment:

• Rush
    replied

Hero Lab is good software, but the authors are... behind the times, in a number of ways.

I actually bought my copy as packaged software--CDs and everything!--on Amazon a few years back, but last I checked, they're still out of stock. Perhaps eBay or a game company with alternative payment methods might still have a few of the boxed copies for sale.

But yeah, beyond that you'll just have to find a way to get them a credit/debit card number. I'd mention your difficulties and suggest alternatives once you finally do buy it though; maybe if they realize there's actual demand from other markets they'd make a change. It's frustrating enough that more than once I've toyed with the idea of working on an open source knockoff.

Leave a comment:

• JDRook
    replied

When I first got HeroLab I actually got the owner of my FLGS to do it for me. This was nearly a decade ago, though, and cash cards weren't as common as they are now.

Leave a comment:

• FuzzyBoots
    replied

This comes up occasionally and Rob at Lone Wolf is adamant that they only do credit cards. Your two best options are to either get a cash card at the grocery store or to have a friend with a credit card buy it for you and then to pay them back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X