Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

No CreditCard :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• libra113
    replied
    Re: No CreditCard

Originally posted by TheGreat058 View Post
    Boy, it's a huge inconvenience I can't use PayPal to buy HeroLab. I don't have a creditcard and, besides this one instance, have never had a reason to have one, so I don't really want to get one.
    Is there ANY other way to pay for HeroLab? Not being able to save my characters is problematically time-inefficient...
    I bought my copy with a prepaid credit card. You get one for as small amount as you need at various locations and buy it that way.

Leave a comment:

• Rush
    replied

Originally posted by thaumonuclear View Post
    I wouldn't call them behind the times for not printing any more CDs
    I hope that wasn't the impression I gave. Have you been to their website?

(And please note, I'm not saying for a company to be less-than-cutting-edge is bad, especially for a small outfit. But it does suggest certain limitations to one's options when dealing with them.)
    Last edited by Rush; 26th August 2016, 01:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• thaumonuclear
    replied

Originally posted by Rush View Post
    Hero Lab is good software, but the authors are... behind the times, in a number of ways.

I actually bought my copy as packaged software--CDs and everything!--on Amazon a few years back, but last I checked, they're still out of stock. Perhaps eBay or a game company with alternative payment methods might still have a few of the boxed copies for sale.
    I wouldn't call them behind the times for not printing any more CDs

Leave a comment:

• Rush
    replied

Hero Lab is good software, but the authors are... behind the times, in a number of ways.

I actually bought my copy as packaged software--CDs and everything!--on Amazon a few years back, but last I checked, they're still out of stock. Perhaps eBay or a game company with alternative payment methods might still have a few of the boxed copies for sale.

But yeah, beyond that you'll just have to find a way to get them a credit/debit card number. I'd mention your difficulties and suggest alternatives once you finally do buy it though; maybe if they realize there's actual demand from other markets they'd make a change. It's frustrating enough that more than once I've toyed with the idea of working on an open source knockoff.

Leave a comment:

• JDRook
    replied

When I first got HeroLab I actually got the owner of my FLGS to do it for me. This was nearly a decade ago, though, and cash cards weren't as common as they are now.

Leave a comment:

• FuzzyBoots
    replied

This comes up occasionally and Rob at Lone Wolf is adamant that they only do credit cards. Your two best options are to either get a cash card at the grocery store or to have a friend with a credit card buy it for you and then to pay them back.

Leave a comment:

• TheGreat058
    started a topic No CreditCard :(

No CreditCard :(

Boy, it's a huge inconvenience I can't use PayPal to buy HeroLab. I don't have a creditcard and, besides this one instance, have never had a reason to have one, so I don't really want to get one.
    Is there ANY other way to pay for HeroLab? Not being able to save my characters is problematically time-inefficient...
Working...
X