Familiar/spirit companion advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Familiar/spirit companion advice

So I have a PL6 character who uses shadow magic and I was creating a vampire bat inspired familiar/spirit companion/summoned creature for him. This is what I came up with.

Shadow Bat

Power Level: 6; Power Points Spent: 30/30

STR: -2 (6), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +0 (10), INT: -4 (2), WIS: +1 (12), CHA: -3 (4)

Tough: +0, Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +1

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Notice 6 (+7), Stealth 4 (+15)

Feats: Attack Focus (melee) 2

Powers:
    Echolocation (Super-Senses 5) (blindsight: Choose Sense, ultra-hearing)
    Flight 1 (Speed: 10 mph, 88 ft./rnd)
    Shadow Bite (Linked)
    - Bite (Strike 2) (Linked; DC 17; Distracting)
    - Soul Leech (Drain 3) (Linked; drains: single trait - constitution, DC 13; Vampiric; Distracting; Slow Fade (1 minute))
    Shrinking 8 (-8 STR, -2 size categories, -10 ft. movement; Permanent; Innate)

Attack Bonus: +2 (Ranged: +2, Melee: +4, Grapple: -8)

Attacks: Bite (Strike 2), +4 (DC 17), Soul Leech (Drain 3), +4 (DC Fort/Staged 13), Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 13)

Defense: +7 (Flat-footed: +4), Size: Tiny, Knockback: +2

Initiative: +3

Drawbacks: Disability, very common, moderate, Mute, Disability, very common, moderate, No Hands

Languages: Native Language

Totals: Abilities -2 + Skills 3 (12 ranks) + Feats 2 + Powers 21 + Combat 10 + Saves 4 - Drawbacks 8 = 30

I would appreciate any thoughts and/or advice especially in relation to the Shadow bite power.
    ^( ;,; )^

My Builds

Re: Familiar/spirit companion advice

Looks good to me, Kanly. I like that you tagged distracting onto the bite. Very reflective of how vampire bats actually feed. The only thing I'd suggest was Subtle and/or Insidious, because vampire bat bites actually have a type of anesthetic in their saliva that makes their bites harder to notice.
    "Mom, is the Dairy Queen married to the Burger King?" - My five-year-old

The Ro Show, my collection of characters and random builds.

Comment

Re: Familiar/spirit companion advice

Thanks for the suggestion MissRo! I will see if I can juggle the points a little to do it. Insidious seems to be more likely than subtle since if their victims were awake when the bat attacked they would never stand for it. Hard not to notice the small furry mammal attached to your neck even if you fail to sense the bitey part.
      ^( ;,; )^

My Builds

Comment

Working...
      X