Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps

Hello RA!

I have discovered after running my first session of M&M that I am sorely lacking modern maps! I have plenty of dark caves and creepy crypts but not a single city block or mall. I have looked here and there and found a few maps for sale but they were all in varying scale and some are hexagonal or have on grid at all. I would like something that would fit a 5ft per square setup but I also had a desire for a larger scale map, something that would represent a city block or multiple block or even a whole city, I could then increase scale to be 100ft per square or something. If anyone knows where I can purchase maps like these or get them printed myself that would be a huge help.

Re: Maps

Originally posted by Boontaker View Post
    Hello RA!

I have discovered after running my first session of M&M that I am sorely lacking modern maps! I have plenty of dark caves and creepy crypts but not a single city block or mall. I have looked here and there and found a few maps for sale but they were all in varying scale and some are hexagonal or have on grid at all. I would like something that would fit a 5ft per square setup but I also had a desire for a larger scale map, something that would represent a city block or multiple block or even a whole city, I could then increase scale to be 100ft per square or something. If anyone knows where I can purchase maps like these or get them printed myself that would be a huge help.
    Hi there Boontaker!

While getting some maps of modern day settings at times can be a real pain to find, but there are a few sources that I've found... RPGNow & Drive Through RPG pages have a few companies that have entire lines for those of us who are playing during the "Modern Age" (that includes pulp age, golden age on to today's world) as well as the "Old West" and Far Future since they could fit easily in a modern day game (a ghost time for those old west maps) or cutting edge over-the-horizon tech facilities used by those black bag research stations developing things like Skunkworks at Area 51!

I visit RPGNow several times a week (actually at least once a day, don't judge me... i'm a shut-in crippled DAV, trust me when i say that you get your excitement when and where you can find it). And if you're not to picky you can either find something good deals for buying and a good streak of freebies that keep you coming back. Lately i've been buying the Harn RPG packs of various places for use in a possible future Song of Ice & Fire/Game of Thrones RPG as the holdings of the minor house that the PCs would be responsible for....

Also RPGNow also has paper minis for games as well, that you can print out for your tabletop game. Me, I've got a TON of Hero Clix figures for my tabletop games for the players and games masters to use, along with a bunch of other things that i've gotten for the table set up so the players can have everything they'd need for coming to the gaming table. Be it index cards & mini-clipboards for notes, their character folio folders (to hold character sheets, notes & pictures), a few superhero cups full of pens & pencils (i use the little short character cups you can get from Wal-Mart for under a buck), a few sets of the pocket guides, a couple of sets of the main books and a few other sourcebooks, ect. i have had to get security system for the hero clix, found out that a few of the heroclix i've got in my collection are worth some money (you touch the Red Skull wearing the Infinity Gauntlet and using the Cosmic Cube standing on Galactus's shoulder and an orange power ring and using Darkseid in a way that's making Desaad extremely jealous, the security team is cleared to take your head off).

one of these days i've got to get the pics of a prepped table so i can post them on facebook, I am still working on the shorty privacy screens for players that are set up in a way like the GM screen with tables that players need as well as GMs (the shortly screen is enough to keep other players form seeing your rolls the GM asks you to do, but not tall enough to keep a GM who's standing form seeing the roll).

Fabled Environments (http://www.rpgnow.com/browse/pub/311...d-Environments) is one of my favourite places to get maps of the kinds of modern day places you'd need. the quality of the maps are great, and are designed to allow for easy customization... but is a little more expensive than some of the other places you can find them for sale (or for Free as downloads on some game support pages).

One of the first I had found was those made by Louis Porter Jr.... they had an entire set of PDFs of Modern Day settings that ranged from private planes, yachts, bars, warehouses, safehouses, ect. that are at a really good price.

if you want, i can see if i can get the links to all the places that i've found for buying them.

Comment

Working...
    X