Amnesia story line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amnesia story line

I'm running a story line for some teenagers.

The character creation can be a little tough for them, so I came up the with idea for an amnesia based story line. They each game me a letter and a number and I used that to pick a random character for them that they don't get to see.

They wake up in regeneration tanks floating in water and there are fire and explosions going on. They have to escape and as they play the game and based on the actions that they do or if they roll really high while doing an action it's possible for them to discover some of their powers.

The story line i'm thinking of is they are an experiment by an alien species. The aliens genetic code has been damaged so they need to create hybrids and do selective breeding to get them close enough to be able to repopulate their own planet. A subset of the alien species sees this as sacrilige and is trying to hunt down the scientists and the hybrids. They would rather die out than pollute their genetic code with human DNA.

One of the hybrids will be less than stable and looking to kill the hybrids to be able to absorb their DNA and powers into his own code.

It's really encouraged them into the role playing aspect of it and less on the 'I can't use my powers here so I have nothing to do' aspect.

Any ideas for things I should incorporate into a game like this?

Re: Amnesia story line

I think giving them a sort of "leader" NPC (like a human scientist they run into, or search for, or whatever) that could help guide the characters so they're not just lost with so many choices and such. Plus, it opens up some more plot lines. Also, might just be a given, but the (human) government is almost definitely gonna be investigating into the teens. What they want to do to them is up to you.

Hope that helped!
    I've always said self deprecation is the purest form of humor. Probably why I'm such an awful comedian.

Comment

Re: Amnesia story line

Originally posted by Bookwyrm 15 View Post
      I think giving them a sort of "leader" NPC (like a human scientist they run into, or search for, or whatever) that could help guide the characters so they're not just lost with so many choices and such. Plus, it opens up some more plot lines. Also, might just be a given, but the (human) government is almost definitely gonna be investigating into the teens. What they want to do to them is up to you.

Hope that helped!
      Actually that's a good idea. I didn't think about including the human government yet.

In the exploding lab they found two dead bodies, one of a friendly alien and one of a traditionalist. The traditionalist had a matchbook with a womans name in it. He was hunting another hybrid (a player who wasn't there for the first game). The friendly alien had a pocket full of strange coins (coins from every city he was working as a scientist to help them find labs), a business card of a private detective (they were using to help find the traditionalists posing as humans, he thinks it's just a stalker case), and a keycard that game them access to a computer, but they couldn't read the alien text.

Comment

Working...
      X