Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasn't interested in running it, never even prepared for it, and it turned out to be one of the best

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't interested in running it, never even prepared for it, and it turned out to be one of the best

Has this ever happened to anyone? Several months back our gaming group was at odds on what to play. One other player and I switch off running games on a regular basis and his Smallville game had finally wound down so it was my turn. We started tossing out ideas and came up with a Supernatural game game where the characters were vampires, werewolves, or what not.
    To be honest, I had no real interest in running it. It just didn't interest me at the time. We'd had several games in the past crash and burn because someone became bored with it, and I figured this one was going to do that too, because it seemed to be "least objectionable" of all the suggestions. I didn't even prepare for the first game, I just decided to introduce a town and and some general ideas that I viked from various television shows and free-form it. What it turned into however was one of the best campaigns we've had in quite a while. We've been playing for several months now, and I haven't put together a single adventure yet. I just let it go and introduce some idea that fits with what we've established so far. Surprised the heck outta me.
    Creator of the Wyndgate, Atlantis Unleashed, and Nighthaven Universes
Working...
X