Need some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

I was asked to run a M&M campaign for some friends who are very familiar with the rules and setting, but I don't know it well. I did a quick read of the rulebook but I don't feel like I'm an expert on all the powers and such yet.

We're a power level 10 campaign, X-Men-esque with Mutants in fear of the government.

The part consists of:

A Battlesuit character (very min-maxed)
    A Speedster-type
    A psychic
    Someone with luck powers
    Someone who can interact directly with electro-magnetic signals (pulling information from wifi networks the air and such
    A sixth player who might be joining the campaign but I haven't seen a character from

The Battlesuit is a tank and a heavy hitter. He can also invent well. The Speedster means time is almost never an issue. The Luck powers in particular allow that person to alter die rolls for others in the party, or against opponents which makes this a fairly hard group to challenge with traditional antagonists or anything that comes down to dice.

One of my first thoughts was an antagonist who can phase through materials/go incorporeal, so they could antagonize the party without the party just immediately beating up the villain.

Does anyone have good ideas on how to build that villain, and other ways to properly challenge these characters?

Has anyone every come up with a really good just plain human villain that used wits and technology to foil a group of power level 10 heroes?

Or good story ideas for an X-Men-like setting?

Thanks!

Re: Need some help

Originally posted by enderandrew View Post
    Does anyone have good ideas on how to build that villain, and other ways to properly challenge these characters?

Has anyone every come up with a really good just plain human villain that used wits and technology to foil a group of power level 10 heroes?

Or good story ideas for an X-Men-like setting?

Thanks!
    Sounds like a fun game!

One possible antagonist idea would basically be a villain version of Tony Stark/Iron Man. Imagine a villain with access to billions of dollars of revenue, a genius inventor to rival that of your party's Battlesuit PC, and a suit of his own that can blow up lots of stuff at once.

I think in an X-Men like game setting, something you can draw on heavily in the setting is how non-supers view people who have powers. In X-Men, mutants are feared, mistrusted, or hated to varying degrees by normal citizens. So, another possible idea is to have the government or a federal agency as the primary antagonistic group, with various non-supers in government positions as the antagonists. Motivations for those kind of "villains" could be very obvious: They are trying to preserve national security. Some may also go too far, as showcased in various X-Men settings (e.g., Days of Future Past plot line).

Depending on what effects your party has access to, it sounds like these kind of powers would be good counters to their abilities:
    • Flight
    • Teleport
    • Regeneration
    • Immunity to psychic powers (perhaps as a special helmet on your Battlesuit villain, a la Magneto). If you use this, either consider using Limited to Half Effect or making sure that there are always non-immune targets around for your psychic to have something to do.
    • Environment or Create (or anything else that can affect a group without being dependent on luck)
    • Snare/Extra Limbs (so you can catch the Speedster more easily)

Just some food for thought. Hope that helps!
    Elliot McGuire/Levitron - Super Framily Apprenticeship Plan (IC)
    John Olson/Spark - Superhuman Defense Organization - America (IC)

Comment

Working...
    X