Richard Spake Art

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Spake Art

Richard (American_Patriot on the old forums) has done some commissions for me. Figured I'd share what he's done so far.

First up are sketches for 2 original creations, Blaster & Vigilante.

Blaster:

Vigilante:

Re: Richard Spake Art

the next pieces are all based on characters in the public domain.

First up, Doctor Dracula:

Drac's thugs:

A revision of a hero known as Man of War:

Comment

two more public domain villains, Blackout & The Red Knight:

Comment

So after doing Blaster, I asked Richard to do another character tied to his background. His gear was once used by a Golden Age villain that I never bothered to actually create. Decided to come up with one, and came up with The Tomorrow Man, a villain who used high-tech gear to commit crimes. Like Blaster, he has the ray gun and force field belt. He also wears a futuristic (for the time) helmet, and his glittery silver costume (which was inspired by the original Lost in Space outfits worn by the Robinsons when they first left Earth in the Jupiter 2). So here's a sketch of The Tomorrow Man!

Comment

I hope that American Patriot remains well?

Comment

Originally posted by Libra1010 View Post
            I hope that American Patriot remains well?
            He's had some health issues of late, but doing ok. I keep telling him to come over to the new forum, but he hasn't as of yet

Comment

Libra,

I emailed Richard today because he just sent some new roughs for me to see. Told him you were asking about him, and suggested he should pop in, even if just to say hello.

Richard sent me 2 colored drafts today. He's really got a flair for Golden Age character I think, so I've been having adapt characters in the public Domain. These are 2 German villains, Baron Doom and Count Berlin (I know, corny names!). The color scheme on the Baron isn't what I wanted, so this will change (it's supposed to be darker, more grey, but some of the images I sent Richard were the wrong color, so there was a communication mixup on that). Berlin is good, but I'm having the swastika removed, because he's supposed to be a covert agent, and I think having them makes him too similar to Blackout (with his Skull & Crossbones on both forehead and chest). Still, I think he got the looks down pretty well:

Comment

Hi everyone...

Sorry its taken me so long to post on the new forums, and this will be my first post here! Thank you for asking about me my friends, i've been a little under the weather (i caught whooping cough, yeah... WHOOPING COUGH) from a bug I picked up at Con Carolinas this year at the first of June, it was so bad that I wasn't able to take my baby sister to Heroes Con (the first one we've missed since 2009) that was a couple weeks later. In fact the cough has finally gotten to were it's not a constant companion! and my ribs are so thankful it's not even funny.

Well, as Gerry has shown, I've been doing some artwork for him and his projects. And to be honest... he and those of you on here, have believed in me when I didn't. And that has been... well, eye opening. My baby sister is a little flustered, but grateful for each and ever one of you. Because you gave her, her brother back. My little sister bought me a Wacom Cintiq 13HD Interactive Pen Display tablet for my birthday and Christmas present. And it's been helping me so much to get my artwork back to a point where I feel that it's getting back to where I once was... but i'm starting to believe what you've all been telling me that I'm not just back, but gotten better.

Thank you guys. I mean it. I'm actually contemplating about hanging out the sign that reads "Artist will work for Food" again. I might not be able to do the volume of artwork that i use to do, but it does make me feel wonderful to be creating something again.

Any way... Here's a few of my pictures that are on my Deviant Art account... http://spake759.deviantart.com/

First up, is the modern day Rocket Fusilier, the great-grandson of one of the Allies own rocket propelled commando soldiers known as the Rocket Fusiliers.

This is my version of the Woman-in-Red... my settings version of Batman! a public domain hero who is actually the first super heroine!

Comment

Glad to hear you're doing better.

Comment

Patriot! You're back! Awesome! And great work with the art, as usual!

Comment

That is an outstanding version of Woman in Red.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilliam View Post
                        That is an outstanding version of Woman in Red.
                        I remember when Richard first showed me that image. Still blows me away. I tell you, he has a real flair for reinventing golden age characters.

Comment

New one from Richard! Based on a pulp villain I created, this is Red Devil, Russian bad guy (though once Russia is our ally in WW2, he becomes an ally of sorts himself)

Comment

So Red Devil is part of a Soviet super team from the 40's on called The October Guard. I'm having Richard do the other 4 members. Here's his first take on the Russian Storm God, Perun. There will be lots of changes made, so this is not the final image. Still wanted to show it off anyway:

Comment

Take 2 on Perun:

Comment

Working...
                              X