Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BS Digital Q's Fabrica de Heróis Gallery (Thunder Woman)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BS Digital Q's Fabrica de Heróis Gallery (CCA: Titanika, Torpedo, Triage, Two-Gun Girl)

Capital City Adventures: Solo Superheroines, Part 17

Ultrafury

V-Woman

Whistling Dixie

White Frost

Builds of the BSDQ Multiverse

Settings:
    Heroic Renaissance
    Thunder Woman (Coming Soon!)
    Vigilant Alliance (Coming Soon!)
    Capital City Adventures (Coming Soon!)

Comment

Re: BS Digital Q's Fabrica de Heróis Gallery (CCA: Ultrafury, V-Woman, Whistling Dixie, White Frost)

Capital City Adventures: Solo Superheroines, Part 18

Wildfire

Windborne

Zarja the Majestic
      Ancient magical warrior woman. Has an uncanny resemblance to Majesty.

Settings:
      Heroic Renaissance

Comment

Re: BS Digital Q's Fabrica de Heróis Gallery (CCA: Wildfire, Windborne, Zarja the Majestic)

So that's the last of the Capital City Adventures heroines. Think I'll take a break from CCA (especially since I'm not done with all the villains yet), and maybe when I'm refreshed start on some more original stuff of mine, but without any fanservice/sexiness angle like CCA.

Settings:
        Heroic Renaissance

Comment

Re: BS Digital Q's Fabrica de Heróis Gallery (CCA: Wildfire, Windborne, Zarja the Majestic)

I hope you have a place where you can use these delightful looking characters. I mean, you have a setting or three, but I hope you have a group of players to enjoy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Earth-Two_Kenn View Post
            I hope you have a place where you can use these delightful looking characters. I mean, you have a setting or three, but I hope you have a group of players to enjoy them.
            Right now the plan is to do a comic with the main cast. The first is in the works right now, and is a crossover with the artist's own characters.

Settings:
            Heroic Renaissance

Comment

And now to move on from the extraordinarily endowed and scantily clad world of Capital City to something a bit more serious.

Thunder Woman

While she is far from my first superheroic creation, Thunder Woman has more or less become my star superhero character, a kind of mascot if you will. That she can stand alone when I mostly prefer superhero teams rather than solo characters says a lot really.

As this is an art thread and not a setting or build thread, I won't go into too much detail.

The basic gist is that Thunder Woman is Samantha West, a low level faculty member of a university, with aspirations to become a historical scholar and archeologist.

During a prospective dig at a site in Greece, she is transported into the dimension where the ancient Hellenistic deities and mythological beings reside in a kind of semi-dormancy. She bceoms caught up in the schemes and machinations of the Dodekatheon, stopping a plot to overthrow the pantheon and bring Earth under the Olympian heel of a new regime. In the midst of these events she temporarily assumes the powers of a god, and as part of her reward for thwarting the coup she is allowed to keep these powers, with a choice beween assuming them and retaining her humanity.

But when she comes back to her home city of Newport, the problems of Olympus follow her. Reluctantly she uses her powers to protect herserlf and her city, and comes to realize that she is literally the only defense Newport has against supervillainous and supernatural threats.

As a result, she becomes Thunder Woman, rising to prominence as a defender of the city, and as she grows in notoriety she becomes more and more involved in the affairs of the greater superhero community and even cosmic forces beyond Earth and the universe. All while balancing these things against the day-to-day struggles of her life, from struggling to earn a living, to advancing her professional career, to trying to find a meaningful romantic relationship.

So with all of that out of the way...

Thunder Woman

And some commissions based on the above design.

Art by Trent Maduro

Art by Samuel Hunter

Art by Nick A

Settings:
              Heroic Renaissance

Comment

Re: BS Digital Q's Fabrica de Heróis Gallery (Thunder Woman)

Do you happen to know if there's a manual or walkthrough of this version anywhere? I've been trying to use the downloaded version of the program and it appears I'm flat out missing some things, and the only manual I can find appears to be for the 2016 version, so its not much help.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkdreamer View Post
                  Do you happen to know if there's a manual or walkthrough of this version anywhere? I've been trying to use the downloaded version of the program and it appears I'm flat out missing some things, and the only manual I can find appears to be for the 2016 version, so its not much help.
                  The main website that I linked to in the first post has a looooooong series of tutorials for the older versions. They also have some video tutorials on their (mostly abandoned) YouTube page.

Fabrica de Herois is one of those "easy to learn, hard to master" type programs, and you have to have a pretty high end CPU if you try doing some of the really elaborate and crazy things the advanced users can do, like here: http://battias.deviantart.com/art/Raiden-506354489 http://battias.deviantart.com/art/Bumblebee-256714744

I couldn't do either of those, not because I don't have the creativity to do so, but because my computer would likely crash trying to maintain something that freaking complex. Hell, some of the characters posted here are much more complex and elaborate in their composition than they appear to be.

I honestly would just experiment with it and study the DeviantArt accounts of the various artists that work with FdH. You will learn a lot from them, and I only got to where I am now through experimentation, repetition, and nicking ideas from other artists. Which is about how it goes with almost anything really.

EDIT: Also, I am working with the full, paid version of FdH 2014. There are a number of items and features missing from the older and free versions.
                  Last edited by BS Digital Q; 09-04-2016, 02:08 PM.

Settings:
                  Heroic Renaissance

Comment

I'll give it a look; as is, I'm having trouble even doing basic things (for example, I can't even figure out with the downloaded version how to select the basic template; the screen that appears first thing with the online one doesn't seem to appear).

Comment

Originally posted by Darkdreamer View Post
                      I'll give it a look; as is, I'm having trouble even doing basic things (for example, I can't even figure out with the downloaded version how to select the basic template; the screen that appears first thing with the online one doesn't seem to appear).
                      Ok, send me an e-mail and I'll see how I can help you out with this.

Settings:
                      Heroic Renaissance

Comment

Originally posted by BS Digital Q View Post
                        Ok, send me an e-mail and I'll see how I can help you out with this.
                        Will do, and thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                        X