X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Singleton Art

Originally posted by urbwar View Post
    sumnerd,

Joe sent me the colored versions of Drive By and his team mates. Soon as he gets them up on Deviant art, I'll link to them here
    Cool. Can't wait to see what they look like colored.

Comment

2 new sketches from Joe:

Jolt wears gauntlets that give him control over electricity:

an unnamed magic using mummy:

Comment

Reminds me of Mumm-Ra from Thundercats. And that is a very good thing.

Great stuff!
        Eppur si muove

Current Characters
        Gauss - Twin Forks Defenders
        Starstorm - Established Heroes Shape the Multiverse
        Dragon Fist - Power Struggle

Comment

Thanks Nevius.

Here's Joe's take on Major Meteor, an homage to Captain Comet I created a few years back (and originally done by Kris Smith)

Comment

Decided to have Joe do a new version of the Mummy character, with an Aztec slant. Turns out the first one reminded some people of Mumm-Ra from Thundercats.

Comment

Joe hit me with an blast of sketches a few hours after the revised mummy. Lots to share!

Another suit of Powered Armor:

A amalgam of Star-Lord & Space Ghost (Tentatively Titled Star-Ghost):

Star-Ghost's ship:

Joe's take on Mister Midnight, originally drawn by Dan Houser. Updated to include the staff:

Last edited by urbwar; 09-01-2014, 06:15 PM.

Comment

A few years ago, I ran a Cosmic level One Shot for BASH (Basic Action Super Heroes) called Plague of Darkness. Major Meteor was one of the pc's, and the moon creature Joe drew was one of the bad guys. I'm having Joe do the rest of the characters from that one shot (and more). First up, the Malevolent Moon's master, the Elder Evil:

The servant race it commands (based off original designs by CuMorrig & Russell Boyd):

Their fighter craft:

early concept for the alien cruiser. This will change, as Joe put the tentacles at the back, and they are supposed to be at the front:

Comment

The Elder Evil looks like a mix of Cthulhu and a dark mage, nice for a major villain. Does he cause insanity to those too weak-willed who come near him?

Comment

Originally posted by Psistrike View Post
                    The Elder Evil looks like a mix of Cthulhu and a dark mage, nice for a major villain. Does he cause insanity to those too weak-willed who come near him?
                    He's more of a boss fight villain. He's in the shadows until the heroes confront him. He can mess with their heads, but won't drive them insane. Average people are not likely yo ever meet him. On the other hand, T'al Zagoth (The moon being) is something they'd encounter if it's come to destroy their world

Comment

I can't wait to see what these guys look like once they're inked and colored.

Comment

Originally posted by sumnerd View Post
                        I can't wait to see what these guys look like once they're inked and colored.
                        Me too! Joe really needs to update his DeviatArt soon. Especially since I just ordered 20 more pieces from him

btw, he showed me the cover he did for one of your V&V projects. Looked pretty awesome

Comment

Joe did a revision for the tentacled alien cruiser:

Comment

More sketches from Joe to share!

First up, a new take on the Antorian Hive Warrior:

A member of the Cosmic Legion from a race of shapeshifters:

Another member of the legion, created brand new by Joe:

First pass at the rank and file Legion soldiers:

Comment

Joe's take on Lovecrafts Fungi from Yuggoth, aka the Mi Go:

Comment

A new one from Joe: This is Furnace. Think Mr. Freeze, but instead of using Ice, they use fire:

Also, put together a composite of The Union, a group of street level villains I posted sketches of earlier:

Last edited by urbwar; 10-27-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X