Joe Singleton Art

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Singleton Art

I must say that I'm very glad to see that Mr Singleton is continuing to produce further excellent works!

Comment

Hope you don't mind me posting these.

Here are some mock covers for one of villain groups in Joe's universe, Dynasty. First up is a group shot of the entire group.

Dynasty

"Dynasty is an alternate time-line super-team, in the HeroBlog universe. If the mainstream team Legacy is the Justice League, then Dynasty is the Crime Syndicate.

The front man, there is Abraxas, the second of that name. Behind him, and being inappropriate with a co-worker is Valkyrie. The tiny guy falling from someplace up high is Virus. In the cowl and cape is The Raven. The guy in yellow and black is Overlord, in his time-line, a member of the Overlords, an interstellar group of enforcers, like an evil Green Lantern Corps. The armored guy is Panzer, basically a walking tank. The big guy is Orqa, basically an anthropomorphic killer whale.

Peeking out from behind Orqa is Quickfire, a speedster who literally burns up the road, and snaking her way through the group is the green-skinned Serpentine. She's very stretchy.

It's been awhile since I wrote any HeroBlog stuff, but I'm planning to get back to it, soon."

Next is a cover featuring Overlord.

"It was all going so well.

In just over ten years, Dynasty had risen from a powerful criminal organization to a world power. When, in the early years of the empire, Abraxas had saved the world by destroying a two-mile long asteroid, public opinion had changed and Time Magazine had named him "Man of the Year". Medical innovations pioneered by Raven were making their way into the outside world.

In a few months, their laser launch system in Ecuador will give them access to space.

The empire was weeks away from acceptance into the League of Nations, weeks away from taking its place in the community of nations...

...when the first of Omnedon's scouts appeared in the skies over Earth.
      ------------------------------------------------
      In this mock-issue, Overlord fights off a squadron of advance scouts over coastal Venezuela."

And here's one of Raven and Serpentine

"Raven and Serpentine sneak aboard one of the harvester's mother ships. Serpentine stands guard while Raven hacks the alien computers and download vital data on the interdimensional transporter used by Omnedon's horde. Earth has been made desolate by repeated coronal mass impacts which have torn away much of the atmosphere and killed more than 3 billion people, in the process.

The Earth is lost, they fight only for survival, now"

Comment

Here's another piece I really like

Olympia vs. Harpy

Olympia is a member of another group of heroes in Joe's Hero Blog universe, the Valiants.

Comment

And here's a few of the characters he's done up for me.

Marauder

Sea Devil

Kestrel

Prof. Atmos

Comment

Another mock cover

Comment

And a few more of the sketches he's done for me. First up is Raven, a costumed vigilante similar to Batman.

Next up is the electrically powered villain Overload.

Imperion

The miniature sized adventurer Micro-Man

Comment

And more mock covers

Comment

Stargazer

Comment

Two additional mock covers.

Comment

A few more commissions Joe's done for other games.

Iron Butterfly

Streak

Comment

Originally posted by sumnerd View Post
                        Do you mind if I post a few other pieces of Joe's artwork in this thread?
                        Of course not! I know he's done some great stuff for you too! (sorry for the long reply; haven't checked in for a few days)

Comment

I love those Wildstarr covers, because they're takes on covers from the original Nova series (and featuring some of my favorite Nova villains!)

Comment

Originally posted by urbwar View Post
                            I love those Wildstarr covers, because they're takes on covers from the original Nova series (and featuring some of my favorite Nova villains!)
                            I think they're great, and some of his best work.

Comment

Here's another piece Joe did for me. It's for an upcoming gaming project.

Der Jager - He's a German bounty hunter who specializes in hunting superhumans.

Comment

Here's a piece of promo art for one of Joe's online comics, Heroblog.

Northlight, a Canadian super-team in the HeroBlog universe.

Comment

Working...
                                X