X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imported_etrigan
    replied
    Re: Etrigan's Art

A new illustration for a commission by Awfulmonk for is character Emily Whittier aka Arc from The Super Novas. Link here!

Last edited by imported_etrigan; 26th December 2017, 11:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• chosenredead
    replied

Your shading on the skin looks good for the most part, but the shading on the costume seems random and simplistic (lots of "pillow shading") makes it blur together at points it shouldn't.

Rising Sun's nose looks a bit off. One of the biggest things separating Japanese (physically) from mainland Asians are the jaw/chin (it's narrower than mainlanders and favors a downward, rather than forward trajectory, which seems close enough here) and the nose, which should protrude closer to, but not as much as, a (for lack of a better comparison) European's, though favoring a straight or inward slope unlike the more "squished" nose of mainlanders. Her lips are also way too "full" (I have no idea what the actual anatomical way to describe it is, but every face slider system that lets you change this uses the term "lip fullness" for the slider that changes what I'm talking about) for her nationality. I think the ears should be higher in relation to the eyes, but I'm not entirely sure on that (and hair covering ears makes it really hard to judge by random image search pictures). Try an image search for 日本人 アイドル (warning: as with most queries not all results safe for work) if you need a general idea of makes an "attractive" member of the nationality.

Also there's going to be some seriously political consequences with her origin given the imperial family (who are largely just figureheads now but...) obtains their importance from, allegedly, being descended from Amaterasu.
    Last edited by chosenredead; 26th October 2015, 12:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• imported_etrigan
    replied

Originally posted by Stuart the Minion View Post
    This is great stuff! You have a lot of talent and skill. Keep up the good work!!
    Thank's alot Stuart! :-)

Leave a comment:

• Stuart the Minion
    replied

This is great stuff! You have a lot of talent and skill. Keep up the good work!!

Leave a comment:

• imported_etrigan
    replied

A new one!

Rising Sun: A japanese female avatar of Amaterasu, the sun goddess (a female version of Apollo from The Authority)

Last edited by imported_etrigan; 21st October 2017, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gustaffson
    replied

Well then that's a shame ... Get back to work right now boy !
    If everything is like that, that's surely stuff I'd be willing to pay for (and I do have a few models to say the least ...).

Leave a comment:

• imported_etrigan
    replied

Originally posted by Gustaffson View Post
    Woah, this surely is a comic-inspired art I like ! The "hyperbolic" anatomy of Renegade is very suited to superheroes.
    Is there any place to follow your recent work ?
    Thanks alot Gustaffson! I did not post any illustration since 2009... so the only place to follow my work will be here! More to come soon... :-)

Leave a comment:

• Gustaffson
    replied

Woah, this surely is a comic-inspired art I like ! The "hyperbolic" anatomy of Renegade is very suited to superheroes.
    Is there any place to follow your recent work ?
    Last edited by Gustaffson; 9th October 2015, 05:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• imported_etrigan
    replied

Originally posted by Shadowbourne View Post
    Nice work. What criteria would you use for a commission? I have a character that was on these boards last year. He lasted a long time: Wraith from Gulf Coast Guardians. The current picture was made in Champions Online character creator. If you are interested in doing him, contact me, as the creator was limited, but close.
    My only criteria is that it should inspire me... :-)
    So you can take a shot a sending me the details of your characters... I will see what I can do...

Leave a comment:

• Shadowbourne
    replied

Nice work. What criteria would you use for a commission? I have a character that was on these boards last year. He lasted a long time: Wraith from Gulf Coast Guardians. The current picture was made in Champions Online character creator. If you are interested in doing him, contact me, as the creator was limited, but close.

Leave a comment:

• imported_etrigan
    replied

Originally posted by Twilightspire View Post
    Heylo, etrigan!
    Are you still drawing characters for free in your spare time? If so, I have one that I seriously can't find a pic for and my artwork is crap. I love your work, went back and looked at your old portfolio and loved it. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks!

I could probably do a few free commissions on my spare time as long as it's for non commercial use and you don't mind the illustration being post on this board or others! It will help flex the artistic muscles! :-)
    You can send me a PM with a complete description of your character with visual references if you have any [shape, size, colors, powers, basic sketch, link to illustration of similar characters or inspiration, etc] and I will see what I can do!

Note: I'm also available to take commission for commercial projects [super-heroes or Fantasy characters/scenes; I do full digital penciling, inking and coloring/grayscale and don't mind doing just inking or coloring on someone else pencil].

Leave a comment:

• Twilightspire
    replied

Heylo, etrigan!
    Are you still drawing characters for free in your spare time? If so, I have one that I seriously can't find a pic for and my artwork is crap. I love your work, went back and looked at your old portfolio and loved it. Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• imported_etrigan
    replied

I found my old thread in the Atomic Think Tank Archive: http://www.roninarmy.com/att-forum-a...2fe114507f28d2
    Last post on june 2009... That's a while! :-)

Leave a comment:

• sumnerd
    replied

Nice work, and glad to have you back to posting again.

Leave a comment:

• imported_etrigan
    started a topic Etrigan's Art

Etrigan's Art

I everyone,

It' been a while since I post anything on this board... In fact, so long ago that I don't even know where my former thread is gone with this new forum... Formerly known as Etrigan, I'm now imported_etrigan! :-)
    Been busy but I recently go back to drawing...
    I hope to be able to post more often in the near future... :-)

Here, two new one, trying to building a new team of heroes...

The first one, a powerhouse with a crime fighter "dark knight" touch. Tentative name: Renegade:

The second, a female African American paragon type... No name idea so far but there is no Power Girl in the Freedom universe :-)

Constructive criticism are welcome! Thanks!
    Last edited by imported_etrigan; 21st October 2017, 08:03 PM.
Working...
X