Robot Invader's Art

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robot Invader's Art

Defenders of Freedom (defunct supergroup operating from 1977-1978)

From left to right: Comanche Brave (with the ability to transform into any animal he has defeated in hand-to-hand combat), Firebird (young Russian woman with the power to harness background radiation and amplify it many times over wielding it as nuclear fire), Toreador (skilled combatant possessing a cape that allows him to quickly teleport himself or others short distances. The rest of the team recognizes Toreador as the group's leader), Shinobi Storm (a young ninja warrior possesing elemental power allowing him to control wind. He's not afraid to get his hands dirty if he has to. One of his favorite tactics is to use his power to become a whirling cyclone of blades) and Black Voltage (a former cop turned into a living, electrical dynamo after being set up and nearly killed)

Defenders of Freedom mostly consists of a group of NPCs who were created mainly as a plot device for a PC's backstory and were only together for about a year (fictional history) before most of them (all the NPCs) were ambushed and killed in their own headquarters. Only one member (who happens to be the aforementioned PC) survived into the present but I really like this team and believes it has more potential and regret having had to knock them off as part of the PC's origin. I'm thinking though with flashbacks, time travel and parallel worlds I'm sure I can keep them alive and kicking and flesh them out more. As the game progresses and they are reintroduced in some manner and do become anything more than plot devices I'll try to post any builds I come up with.

Re: Robot Invader's Art

Nice group, and nice image!

Comment

Originally posted by urbwar View Post
      Nice group, and nice image!
      Thanks Urbwar! I appreciate your comment. The team was greatly influenced by the newer diverse members of the Super Friends back in the day. I look forward to posting more of my M&M art here.

Comment

Really amazing. You have a strong feel for older variants of supers and how they used to be perceived. I would love for you to illustrate a few of my older era heroes.

Comment

Working...
        X