Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Horsenhero's Show Ring

Double Date pgs 7-8{end}

And there you go, a little bit of fun. I know there are some scanning errors and the like, but since it was just a for practice I'm not real concerned with cleaning it up.

I hope everyone who looks enjoys and let me know what you think of my little distraction. Until next time...don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

Comment

Finally, to wrap up my new posting, the "to be continued" at the end of Double Date doesn't actually refer to another story. It refers to the first Steel Wolf pic I ever did for Eric, featuring Steel Wolf, Valiant and Apophis.
      Steel Wolf is created by and copyright of Eric N. Bennett
      Valiant and Apophis are created by and copyright of Andrew W. Rowland (Horsenhero)
      Last edited by Horsenhero; 08-19-2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

So Auren is the heroine married to Steel Wolf? And Hand of Glory is the "designated hero(ine)" involved in the space battle with Apophis? They aren't identified by name in the story.

I rather enjoyed it. I liked the parallel panels of the heroes being flung into the dumpsters. The art was dynamic, clean and easy to follow, and excellent foreshortening.

I also liked the pacing, the use of medias res and the simple narration to inform the reader of what wasn't shown. I thought it was excellent.

Comment

First, thanks for the compliments E2K, I appreciate it, since the story layout was on me. Fortunately for you, Eric volunteered to clean up the dialogue (which was a bit clunky originally) and do the lettering, since I'm not skilled at that.

As for the rest, yes, Auren is married to Steel Wolf and she is the story's telepath/telekinetic. Hand of Gory is the Green Lantern analogue in the space scenes. I should have given a little background on the characters posting this on the ATT. That was laziness on my part, since this originally appeared on my DeviantArt page and people could easily follow the links to both my characters and Eric's for more information. I just kind of forgot that a bit of background might be helpful here.

Anyway, thanks again.

Comment

And because I've been horribly neglectful to this thread, I figure a couple more updated pics couldn't hurt. Both of tody's offerings are pics of mine that have been given a cover treatment by the amazing Eric N. Bennett, who's titles and lettering manage to make my pedestrian work look cool.

The cover features Valiant's current design "interacting" with his original design (circa 1990).
            As always Valiant is created by and copyright of Andrew W. Rowland (aka Horsenhero)
            Cover logo and lettering by Eric N. Bennett

Comment

Another Valiant cover treatment, this time it also features his allies (clockwise order) Outkaste the Annihilator, Aldebaran the Planetary Man and Synthetik. It's in black and white because I've Haven't yet had the opportunity to (or cashflow) to have the awesome Tristan MacDonald apply his coloring skills to it. Eventually though.

As always Valiant, Outkaste the Annihilator, Aldebaran the Planetary man and Synthetik are created by and copyright of Andrew W. Rowland
              Cover logo and letters by Eric N. Bennett

Comment

The latest piece, which is a tie in to another artist's event on DA. This one was designed to look like a cover and Eric N. Bennett did not disappoint with his cover treatment of my original illustration.
                Artwork, Valiant & Synthetik created by and copyright of Andrew W. Rowland
                Cover treatment, logo and letters by Eric N. Bennett.
                "Demon Night" event conceived by Bliss (aka The-She-Cat on DA)

Comment

The first page for the latest Valiant story:

More to come...obviously.

Comment

The work on your "Valiant" comic looks very fluid and (as previously stated) dynamic. Seems as if you've made big strides in a relatively short amoutn of time, kudos to you.

Comment

Considering I've been doing comic art in some fashion or another for close to 40 years, I'm not sure how short an amount of time it's actually been. That being said, sequential work is a whole different animal from splash pages and character portraits. Fortunately, I've got friends and allies assisting me with dialogue and editing for the low cost of art trades or the promise of returned favors down the line or at monumental discounts.

I am getting more comfortable writing for storyboards, so if this doesn't work out I can always ply my trade as a playwrite or screenwriter, since those are nearly identical to writing for the illustrated page.

Comment

And the current story continues...

Comment

Valiant- issue 1, page 3:

Art and story by Andrew W. Rowland
                          Lettering and Co-Scripting by Eric N. Bennett
                          All characters created by and copyright of Andrew W. Rowland

Comment

Do you have links to larger pictures? That text is awfully hard to read.

Comment

I'll fix that for you...

Comment

It's been a few days, but I'm still at it (with lettering assist by Eric N. Bennett)

Comment

Working...
                                X