Horsenhero's Show Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Horsenhero's Show Ring

The next series of pics are working character design sketches from the webcomic I'm working on. It's a ways away from being ready, but I thought I'd share a little in advance.

EDIT> A little background info on the comic. It's super-heroes. Why, in a market flooded with super-heroes put out a webcomic featuring super-heroes? Because I miss the comics of my youth, when super-heroes weren't all secretly @$$hats. I miss the comics where the heroes fought villains. I miss comics where the heroes were out to benefit mankind. Comics where the heroes stood for something noble.

The working title of the comic is the Knight Shift. It may very well change, but that's as good a working title as any. Anyway, the next 7 images represent characters, some heroes, some villains from the comic. As with any illustrative endeavor, even these visual designs are subject to change if I decide I don't like 'em.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Horsenhero; 13th November 2014, 05:14 PM.

Comment

This first picture is that of a hero...Thunderchief. He takes his name from the fighter he flew in Vietnam, the F-105 Thunderchief.

Comment

Also one of the 4 heroes I'm posting, this is my patriotic US heroine...Majorette. A flag waving Texan, she uses an energy baton as a weapon to supplement her acrobatic combat style.
        Last edited by Horsenhero; 13th November 2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

An animal themed powerhouse, this guy hails from Canada. His name is Kodiak.

Comment

The last of the quartet of heroic characters posted this time, this is City Girl, a Chinese-American woman who channels an abstact entity, embodying the positive aspects of civilization.

Comment

The first of the trio of villains this time out. This is one of the master villains of the comic, called ... Malefactor.

Comment

A slightly inhuman looking villain. This guy is called Mountain Spider. He's one of Malefactor's minions.

Comment

The last of the trio of badguys I'm showing off, this is Torment...or Brother Torment if you prefer. His partner, Sister Pain is currently undergoing a drastic redesign and did not make it to "print" this time.

As always, feel free to comment.

Comment

Brother torment looks really good. You going to color any of those?

Comment

Originally posted by urbwar View Post
                      Brother torment looks really good. You going to color any of those?
                      At some point, yeah. I'm still working with an incomplete studio (darn dogs), but hopefully before too long I'll have replaced everything I need to do my work the way I like to.

Comment

Comment

Fashionable, pretty, and looking cranky.
                          Reminds me of Emily ;~)

Comment

You wanna know the saddest thing about that pic? Even though I like it, now that I see it on my monitor all I can think of is; "dammit, she's alot chestier than I'd intended." I would swear I drew her not so quite heavily endowed, but looking at her here? Yeah...she's stacked.

Comment

Most common superpower dude ;}

With the jacket, it's much more subtle than it could be. Compared to many female heroes, she's probably still below average.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X