NoMan (T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoMan (T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents)

I've been having trouble figuring out a build for NoMan of the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents.

Mostly his body-switching mechanic is what has been difficult. The best I can think of is a triggered teleport (for stashing a spare body somewhere to switch to later) and immortality. I'm concerned that the player would never want to actually jump around to different bodies because of losing the invisibility cloak or that every game would have a long tangent of them trying to recover the cloak. It would be reminiscent of the comics (where losing the cloak was a consistent problem), and I wouldn't mind it being an occasional complication, but it seems like it would be a bigger issue than would be fun for a player.

Any suggestions for building this concept would be appreciated.

Re: NoMan (T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents)

He doesn't actually have immortality. If he doesn't actively transfer his mind before the current robot body "dies", he dies. So this is just a teleport effect. The fact that he ends up in a different body is just window dressing. It probably is limited to "destination must be pre-arranged to contain a new body".

As for the cloak, do not buy it as removable. Just make a complication saying it can be lost so he gets an HP if he loses it. Having to get the cloak back is not really a burden. Most likely wherever he needs to abandon his body is a place he needs to return to in order to defeat the villain, who now has his cloak. It's not a tangent to retrieve the cloak. In fact, he could put a feature on the cloak that it has a tracking device in it so he can quickly find the villain.

Comment

Working...
    X