Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Ocean Master New52/Rebirth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean Master New52/Rebirth

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has done a new write up for Ocean Master since the new 52 started? I know the character is in the heroes and villains book but he strikes me as under powered and his stats no longer reflect the character since his origin was changed to that of a full Atlantean. I was wondering what input or ideas you might be willing to share as I plan on doing a story arc using this character as he seeks twelve legendary coins of power in his scheme to control the oceans.

Re: Ocean Master New52/Rebirth

Ocean Master PL 11

Str 9 Sta 8 Agl 3 Dex 3 Fgt 8 Int 3 Awe 3 Pre 3

Powers

Aquatic: Immunity 3 ( cold, drowning, pressure) movement 1
    (Environment Adaptation: Aquatic), Senses 1 (low
    vision)

Crown of Atlantis: Damaging move object 10 (area effect, removeable)

Mystic trident: STR-based damage 4, reach 1 (5 feet)

Swimming 9 (250mph)

Advantages

Artificer, Improved Initiative, Langauage (Atlantean), Power Attack, Weapon Bind, Favored Environment (Aquatic), Defensive Roll 3,

Skills

Athletics 3 (+6) close combat: unarmed +2 (+10), close combat: melee 4 (+12), Deception 5 (+8) Expertise Atlantean Lore 4 (+7), streetwise 2 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Ranged combat: Trident 7 (+10), Technology 5 (+8) Vehicles 5 (+8)

Initiative + 3

Offense

Unarmed +10, close Damage 9
    Trident +12, close Damage 12

Defense

Dodge 10 Fortitude 9
    Parry 10 Toughness 11/8*
    Will 10

Complications

Sibling Rivarly
    Grudge against surface world
    Weakness

Comment

I remade ocean master from the new 52 and I am open to input and feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk man View Post
        Ocean Master PL 11

Str 9 Sta 8 Agl 3 Dex 3 Fgt 8 Int 3 Awe 3 Pre 3

Powers

Aquatic: Immunity 3 ( cold, drowning, pressure) movement 1
        (Environment Adaptation: Aquatic), Senses 1 (low
        vision)

Crown of Atlantis: Damaging move object 10 (area effect, removeable)

Mystic trident: STR-based damage 4, reach 1 (5 feet)

Swimming 9 (250mph)

Advantages

Artificer, Improved Initiative, Langauage (Atlantean), Power Attack, Weapon Bind, Favored Environment (Aquatic), Defensive Roll 3,

Skills

Athletics 3 (+6) close combat: unarmed +2 (+10), close combat: melee 4 (+12), Deception 5 (+8) Expertise Atlantean Lore 4 (+7), streetwise 2 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Ranged combat: Trident 7 (+10), Technology 5 (+8) Vehicles 5 (+8)

Initiative + 3

Offense

Unarmed +10, close Damage 9
        Trident +12, close Damage 12

Defense

Dodge 10 Fortitude 9
        Parry 10 Toughness 11/8*
        Will 10

Complications

Sibling Rivarly
        Grudge against surface world
        Weakness
        I know this is ages after the question, but i recently re read throne of atlantis so here i go:

IMO stre 10 is too low to reflect someone like Aquaman, I do wonder how close Orm is to Aquaman´s strength. (I do know the books officially put Aquaman in stre 10 )

I mean, friggin Vulko punched Superman in the face with a strength that sent him back and bending metal as he slammed it. And that was Vulko. I d imagine Orm would have blood more "royal" than that.

Really I cant say how on point you are wiuth numbers given so subjective it is and depending on the numbers y ou put on other peeps, but I d also add some area effect affliction with double effect. (still bad turning things into mechanic but basically to reflect the fact that the shocks he used seem to paralize the league for a while as it buzzed them )

Also to keep in mind, two laser guns of regular atlantean soldier extras seemed to damage wonder woman.
        Last edited by Bobman; 27th November 2017, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X