Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Adventures Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DC Adventures Books

    Hey, a while ago the DCA books were all on sale. I was thinking about buying a set 'cuz it was a really good price. They're gone now.

    Did Ronin sell through all of them?

  • #2
    Re: DC Adventures Books

    I had the same question as the original poster. Seeing DC Adventures used Mutants and Masterminds rules answer that GR has the licence for Wild Cards made me interested in the whole M&M line in general for the first time. Hoping to see an answer soon. Thanks... Jay.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: DC Adventures Books

      Originally posted by GamerJay77 View Post
      I had the same question as the original poster. Seeing DC Adventures used Mutants and Masterminds rules and that GR has the licence for Wild Cards made me interested in the whole M&M line in general for the first time. Hoping to see an answer soon. Thanks... Jay.
      and not answer lol auto correct on the phone

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: DC Adventures Books

        That is odd. There are no listings on RPGNow either, although they still show the category. I hate baselessly speculating, but there might have been some limitation on how long they had the rights. There are still hardcover copies available on Amazon, but I don't know where you would go to buy the PDFs.
        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

        [b]Current games:[/b]
        [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: DC Adventures Books

          That's usually the sign that the license has expired.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: DC Adventures Books

            That's a shame, especially with how much time GR spent on it. Even for players not interested in DC specifically there was a lot of useful content in there.
            Apprentice Mastermind:
            Assorted Builds: [url]https://calubrecht.us/mutantsAndMasterminds/miscreants.html[/url]

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: DC Adventures Books

              Eyeh... kind of wish they could at least keep the Heroes and Villains books available. That way, they get the best of both worlds, people buying their rulebooks because they want to play the DC characters.
              [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

              [b]Current games:[/b]
              [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: DC Adventures Books

                Originally posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
                Eyeh... kind of wish they could at least keep the Heroes and Villains books available. That way, they get the best of both worlds, people buying their rulebooks because they want to play the DC characters.
                Licensing doesn't work that way, though.


                In fact, and this is nothing but speculation, I'd suspect the reason the PDFs were on sale a while back was the license was expiring, and they figured they might as well get a little more sales value out of them before they did; they wouldn't be the only company with licensed products I've seen do so.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: DC Adventures Books

                  Even if the license expired, I'd expect that they'd be allowed to sell through their available stock. Which I must assume is what happened. I was just hoping for GR confirmation on that. Damn.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: DC Adventures Books

                    Originally posted by JetstreamGW View Post
                    Even if the license expired, I'd expect that they'd be allowed to sell through their available stock. Which I must assume is what happened. I was just hoping for GR confirmation on that. Damn.
                    That's probably true with the physical books, but PDFs aren't "stock" as such, and that's usually pulled immediately.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: DC Adventures Books

                      Originally posted by Darkdreamer View Post
                      That's probably true with the physical books, but PDFs aren't "stock" as such, and that's usually pulled immediately.
                      ... Yes. I know. I'm talking about physical books.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: DC Adventures Books

                        Indeed, license has expired.
                        ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: DC Adventures Books

                          Originally posted by thaumonuclear View Post
                          That's a shame, especially with how much time GR spent on it. Even for players not interested in DC specifically there was a lot of useful content in there.
                          I have asked in previous threads, and GR did make a very tidy profit on the 4 DC books. It's too bad about how the licensing works, because now the only way to get the pdf is through less than legal means.

                          Does make me wonder if GR is now able to get a Marvel License.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: DC Adventures Books

                            The idea of getting the Marvel license has come up before. I personally am against it. While I am sure they made a profit on the DC books, they put a ton of time into them - and spent a lot of it waiting for DC to "get back to them", and it caused serious delays in their other products.

                            And frankly, if they did get the Marvel license, I totally see Marvel trying to push them around so the Marvel builds come out favorably compared to DC builds (i.e. Marvel would insist that Captain America be better than Batman, Thor be better than Superman, etc...)
                            [HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X