Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

New to the rules and I have a quick question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the rules and I have a quick question...

I was wondering if these rules have anything similar to the old omni-gadget rules in the classic DC Heroes Game? For those who don't know the rule was that a character could have X number of omni-gadgets classed as A,B.C, or D types (each one being a different, broad type). Now, in the game they were used to represent a character like Batman, Green Arrow, etc... who, in the comics, would always happen to have just the right item or trick arrow they needed when they really needed it.

So basically, is there anything like that in these rules?

Re: New to the rules and I have a quick question...

Yes. See the Utility section in Gadget Guides. Page 110. It talks about various sample utility tools and devices, and how to use the "variable" power to represent the "omni-gadget" Batman style utility belt. They even use that same verbiage, not surprising since Steve Kenson took a lot of design ideas from the old DC game (and Marvel FASERIP, Marvel Saga, etc.) when designing M&M 3e.

Comment

Re: New to the rules and I have a quick question...

Originally posted by Dragonblade View Post
      Yes. See the Utility section in Gadget Guides. Page 110. It talks about various sample utility tools and devices, and how to use the "variable" power to represent the "omni-gadget" Batman style utility belt. They even use that same verbiage, not surprising since Steve Kenson took a lot of design ideas from the old DC game (and Marvel FASERIP, Marvel Saga, etc.) when designing M&M 3e.
      Thank You. I have the PDF of that book but haven't read it yet. Yeah, I ran DC Heroes for many years and see the influences in the Hero's Handbook. It actually really helped me getting into Mutants and Masterminds. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X