JLU: Other (character ideas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JLU: Other (character ideas)

I'm trying to come-up with some PC's for an up-coming game. I'm drawing some inspiration from JLU (DCAU), but mainly I'm going for off-the-wall-but-plausible-in-a-comicbooky-sort-of-way. So far, I've got:

• Robert Miller awoke one night in the middle of nowhere-in-particular, New Mexico. After scratching and scrounging a bit, he got work on a ranch, doing his best to down-play his clean-slate amnesia. He discovers that, aside from a solid scientific and medical education, he has begun displaying Kryptonian powers. After an incident involving a prarie dog village, a salt-flats race car, and a flying trustafarian, Miller came to the attention of the JL. He's not a clone of Kal El, and doesn't seem to have any connection to Kandor. He does have all the appropriate weaknesses and most of the powers associated with known Kryptonians (strength, flight, invulnurability, speed, heat-vision, and some of the hightened senses,PL 12).

• Winter Girl (my daughter's creation) is a young lady from a more-or-less suburban background. Your basic Energy Controller (cold), her real problem comes from her family, for whom super-heroing is a family tradition. Thus she has some responsibilities there, along with a rather coach-like father. She's PL 10, not much different from in the main book, and she has a side-kick, an anthropomorphic penguin who drives an old Studebaker and acts as her manager.

• Thomas Wayne II is the product of the Wonder Woman/ Batman affair that should have gone places after season 1 of JLU. With naturally greater strength and stamina from his mother and training from both parents, he should be a heck of a natural hero. Thomas was reared mostly at Wayne Manor and abroad.
    He’s got a few hang-ups, which shouldn’t be suprising. He has the legacies of not one, but TWO super parents up to which he must live. On one hand, he is the son of an obsessive, crusading world’s-smartest-man detective. On the other, is the SON of an Amazon princess. Despite the training and abilities he gets from both, he is pressed to seek his own identity, knowing that he can’t be either of his parents, and is rather eager-to-please instead of angsty-rebellious. PL 10

• In 1989, during a ‘covert war’ in Kahndaq, a B-1 bomber was attacked by Black Adam, who sent the craft hurtling into space. It collided with a disembodied alien consciousness that was desperately holding itself together. The two lost ones fused together, becoming a robotic body that can transform itself into a B-1 shape. Its mentality has been so strained by its ordeal that the aptly-named Transformer has lost some of its memory and maturity, educating itself through satellite transmissions as best it can, so it is very much the innocent of the group. PL 10

• Maxwell Nash is from Earth 3, the great-grandson of the Nazi scientist Arzt Mitternacht and the product of Earth 3’s Dr. Light being raped by a sadistic Stalker (the Huntress/Catwoman). He was left with his father, who found a way out of their world and into (game setting). Nash’s father ran a clinic in Suicide Slum in Metropolis, where he was killed in a drive-by shooting. Maxwell, at age 15, left the city, traveling the world as a stow-away and thief, trying to find a cure for his progressive blindness which was caused by a growth of Shadow energy in his brain. Blind by the time he got to the Himalayas, he resorted to begging when he was found by a Lost Monk. Maxwell’s senses, of course, have been sharpened considerably, and he is an able night-fighter, but he has also begun to unlock the ability to (you guessed it) Cloud Men’s Minds (mind control 5, insidious, subtle 2). PL 10

I'll post builds as I can. If y'all have any ideas for characters or builds, please post 'em. Thanks!

Re: JLU: Other (character ideas)

We saw J'onn functioning as human several times; would be interesting to have a half-human half-Martian character who has grown up only occasionally knowing his/her father.

Some offspring of Vandal Savage would be interesting. Do they have their own secret society with testing to determine who would be worthy of helping father?
    Some M&M stuff at my blog, [URL="http://jhmcmullen.blogspot.ca"][i]Iconic Energy[/i][/URL], but mostly [i]ICONS[/i]

Comment

Vandal Savage /does/ have a daughter; Scandal. She (and some of her memories of childhood) are in the Secret Six series.

Comment

I really like your character Concepts. Really fresh. Just had to drop some Rep to ya

Comment

I agree, I particularly like Robert Miller and the Transformer.

I posted to make a public service announcement though: In german, an "Arzt" is spesifically a medical doctor of some kind. A dentist for example is a Zahnarzt (tooth-doctor).

People whose PhDs are in supervillainy are "Doktor" this or that. (Then again of course, the Midnight Surgeon is a pretty horrifying concept if you take it that way... so maybe it was deliberate?)

Happy gaming!

Edit: Durr. Of course, this is the Earth-3 counterpart of Doctor Mid-Nite from the JSA! Naturally he would be an evil Nazi. And a medical doctor. But there actually is an Earth-3 Doctor Mid-Nite already... his name is Doctor Noon.
          Last edited by Nite_Owl; 4th September 2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

I particularly like the Batman/Wonder Woman SON. Perhaps you could look to Huntress in the New 52 (World's Finest 1-26) for some good "eager to please" stuff. She's always remembering the things that her father Batman and her mother Catwoman taught her.
            Last edited by cobalt-blue; 18th November 2014, 01:31 PM.
            Creator of the Wyndgate, Atlantis Unleashed, and Nighthaven Universes

Comment

Originally posted by kipling View Post
              We saw J'onn functioning as human several times; would be interesting to have a half-human half-Martian character who has grown up only occasionally knowing his/her father.

Some offspring of Vandal Savage would be interesting. Do they have their own secret society with testing to determine who would be worthy of helping father?
              I've played a heroic teenage son of Savage. Yeah good stuff.

Mr. Kipling. Thank you. Consider the half son of Jonn officially stolen the next time I'm playing in a DC universe. I love the amnesiac but half Kryptonian/clones are becoming a slightly cliche, but a Martian? Nice ... Very similar power set and the weaknesses easier for the GM to have access to without requiring Deux ex Machina.

Comment

Working...
              X