Riddler's Riddles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddler's Riddles

I'm kicking off a new DCA campaign that starts in Gotham. One thing I'm having trouble with is coming up with riddles for the Riddler to throw at my heroes. He's not going to be a main villain in my game, so much as he is going to be a source of information. Of course, rather than just tell the players what they want to know, he'll make them solve a series of riddles. Now I could have the players make rolls, but what would be the fun in that?

I have the answers to the riddles, but I don't have the riddles themselves. Does anyone here have any experience with writing riddles? I've searched online, but keep coming up empty.

The answer to the first riddle is "Mister" or "Mr."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Riddler's Riddles

What do you get when you lightly spray water on a woman

you mist her,

What happens to a woman you haven't seen in a while

You missed her

Mist + her = Mister or Mr. or missed , same way Missed her = Mister

most of the time the riddle writes it self if you know where the riddle is supposed to end up.

worst case scenario base your riddles on some obscure ones and let the players roll Int or investigation to figure It out

also remember the riddlers about clues within clues
    Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

Come up with the goal then create it as a solution. Now think of it as a Jeopardy answer. look at it and try to create a clever question. Remember it doesn't have to be Riddler clever but good enough (and easy enough) for player to 'get' the answer without bogging the game down for 15 minutes. Keep it fast and fun.

Comment

I'd recommend watching the two Riddler episodes from Batman: The Animated Series, where $1.01 in change was the Riddler's clue to lead Batman to the precinct where Jim Gordon was.

Comment

Thanks for all the help, guys. I've got all five of my riddles typed up and ready to go for this weekend's game. I'm excited.

Comment

just tell the players what they want to know, he'll make them solve a series of riddles. Now I could have the players make rolls, but what would be the fun in that?????
            == http://www.solitaire-champ.com/ ==

Comment

I'll benefit of your advices. They are very useful and I appreciate your knowledge. I greet you.
              Last edited by sorglos; 12-05-2016, 04:21 AM.
              na łysienie dla mężczyzn bästa bank 2015 potencja u mężczyzn po 50 förstora penisen

Comment

Watch "Batman Forever"; look at those writers did for the Riddler's puzzle(s); then do something different.

Comment

Originally posted by Earth-Two_Kenn View Post
                  Watch "Batman Forever"; look at those writers did for the Riddler's puzzle(s); then do something different.
                  You didn't like all the cardboard cut outs, the easy clues? Not surprised they were terrible.

Comment

Working...
                  X