Gorilla Grodd capers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorilla Grodd capers

I posted this over in the GM Eyes Only forum, but then realized it would probably get more eyes on it here.

Was wondering if someone could toss a few caper ideas using Gorilla Grodd my way. Trying to whip up an adventure for Saturday and just need some ideas to get my brain working. The game is set in Metropolis in an alternate earth where Superman never returned from being killed by Doomsday in 1993. The players have all made original characters with one of them being the newest incarnation of Green Lantern.

Re: Gorilla Grodd capers

Grodd's a good villain that gives you a ton of options. His motivation is pretty simple. He wants to rule and he hates humanity. He's prone to plans that involve turning people into apes or eliminating humans in favor of animals. He can be a solo threat on a rampage or a behind the scenes mastermind.

I've considered having him team up with Circe, with Grodd actively seeking some sort of Macguffin, and Circe causing distractions by transforming people into rampaging beasts. It's a good set-up, and both villains could be plotting to double cross each other, leading to more stories.
    SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude - My RollCall thread
    Savage City: Welcome to the Jungle - My Custom M&M Setting

Comment

Have he and Poison Ivy ever teamed up in the comics? Or is his model of "world ruled by apes" still so industrialized/urbanized that Pamela's going to oppose it as strongly as the status-quo?

Comment

Sorry if this response is late for your game.
        I don't know if Grodd has ever teamed up with Poison Ivy.

An idea I have is since Grodd likes animals way more than humans, but he will work with humans, maybe team him with other human that have animal attributes like Cheetah, Catwoman, Cat-Man, etc. He may be more trusting with them and feel a bond, resulting in a better evil plan with Grodd winning over some super-doers (place evil laugh here)! They could then capture Vixen, Animal Man, Beast Boy, etc with Grodd using his mental powers on them to make them evil, and add them to his evil team. Then they can take over Metropolis!

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Merlyn View Post
          Have he and Poison Ivy ever teamed up in the comics? Or is his model of "world ruled by apes" still so industrialized/urbanized that Pamela's going to oppose it as strongly as the status-quo?
          Going by how technologically advanced Gorilla City is, I'd say that they'd butt heads in the end (although GC is sometimes shown as being more harmonious with its natural surroundings than human cities).
          SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude - My RollCall thread
          Savage City: Welcome to the Jungle - My Custom M&M Setting

Comment

Grodd can create the Primate Patrol from DNA taken from the Justice League.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Mask View Post

I love that idea! I would so do that if I were playing in a DC game! +1 internets to you.
              “In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Mask View Post

Consider this idea "borrowed"
                Check out my builds at * EMERALD FLAME'S 3e BUILDS *

“There are moments when even to the sober eye of reason, the world of our sad humanity may assume the semblance of Hell. ”

― Edgar Allan Poe

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

-- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                X