Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Looking for SIFRP Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for SIFRP Game

Hello there! I'm a long time fan of the SIFRP game and the ASOIAF Series in general. I'm looking for a game to join on any medium, and I'm just wondering if anyone could point me to some potential games. Thanks for your time.

Re: Looking for SIFRP Game

Welcome aboard, check with Ser Heretic and see if you can join his game. We haven't started yet. So it may be possible to join.

Comment

Are there still potential players around looking for a game? I am thinking about running a little chronicle for one or two players. I imagine a low scale game about a hedge knight(s) looking for work or sworn sword in service for a major house. I am flexible with regard to region and era to play in, however, the game would likely be played on a private forum and not on here.

Anyone interested in such a setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Owlhunter View Post
        Are there still potential players around looking for a game? I am thinking about running a little chronicle for one or two players. I imagine a low scale game about a hedge knight(s) looking for work or sworn sword in service for a major house. I am flexible with regard to region and era to play in, however, the game would likely be played on a private forum and not on here.

Anyone interested in such a setup?
        I'm always interested, what all did you have in mind so far?

Comment

Well I'd like to focus on the adventures of one or two PCs and their efforts to better their standings. The game would be influenced by the Dunk n' Egg stories as the PCs are travelling around the Realm dealing with the problems and intrigues created by the various Houses playing the Game of Thrones. Mechanically, this means house management is not in the focus and PCs while still part of nobility would be on the lower end of the status ladder.

The following could give you an idea of the type of game I am looking to create:
          - In the aftermath of Robert's Rebellion, the Realm returns to peace as the Houses adjust to the new reality. The 7 kingdoms are flooded with veterans that nobody is willing to employ anymore. The PCs play a hedge knight and a hedge maester who never received his collar. The two are travelling the Riverlands looking for work.
          - Following the first Blackfyre Rebellion, the Reach is still ripe with Black and Red supporters plotting to gain advantages. The PCs are spies in the employment of the Bloodraven's organisation, travelling the lands as knights looking for work and keeping an eye on developments that could be of interest for the king's hand.
          - The players are playing a sworn sword to one of the major houses (e.g. the Baratheon's in the Stormlands, or the Arryns) and his squire and are sent on various quests, e.g. supporting a bannermen with bandits/pirates problems, leading peace negotiations between quarreling houses, etc.

This is not an exhaustive list but should rather serve to give you an idea what I am looking for.
          As far as time period, I'd like to play before the start of the books and in a period that serves as an interesting background and provides themes for the game (civil war, rebellions, realm returning to peace) while at the same time is not too restrictive from a meta-perspective.
          Last edited by Owlhunter; 6th March 2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Sounds good, I'd like to play the sworn sword if I could. I've got a few ideas for one.

Comment

Cool, I send you a PM. If anyone else is interested, I am still looking for a second player.

Comment

Originally posted by Owlhunter View Post
                Cool, I send you a PM. If anyone else is interested, I am still looking for a second player.
                Great, looking forward to it.

Comment

Are you still looking for a second player? My gaming calendar looks like it'll be airy enough to fit in another semi-regular game for the forseeable future - assuming squadfather40 doesn't mind me tagging along, that is.

/rax

Comment

Absolutely, as long as squadfather is not putting in a veto I am happy to take on another player:-)

Comment

No complaints here. Welcome aboard.

Comment

Great. Rax I sent you a pm with details.

Comment

Owlhunter - Great! I've started the registration process, it's pending forum staff approval.

squadfather40 - let's discuss character concepts on the forum once I'm approved.

Comment

Working...
                          X