No announcement yet.

OOC: Black Dragon Rising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OOC: Black Dragon Rising (recruiting)

Just call me a glutton for punishment.....

The event is...

Roll for the one House Event: 3d6 10

Decline again....re-roll the impacts or keep the one I did before....or await the hand of a benevolent God??? <hint, hint>

Comment

*nudges dice up to a 13*

Hey look, you rolled Favor.

Comment

House historical event: 3d6

Total= 10
        In the book that means GLORY. I say we go with it...lol. here are the bonus points.

Defense- 4
        Defense bonus: 1d6 4

Influence- 4
        Influence bonus: 1d6 4

Law- 6
        Law bonus: 1d6 6

Power- 6
        Power bonus: 1d6 6

Not to bad...

Comment

Originally posted by squadfather40 View Post
          House historical event: 3d6

Total= 10
          In the book that means GLORY. I say we go with it...lol. here are the bonus points.

Defense- 4
          Defense bonus: 1d6 4

Influence- 4
          Influence bonus: 1d6 4

Law- 6
          Law bonus: 1d6 6

Power- 6
          Power bonus: 1d6 6

Not to bad...
          10 is Decline in my Game of Thrones Edition book, which I'm adjusting to 13 for Favor.

Here's what we'll do.

The event is Favor, but we'll use your rolls. That means +4 Influence, +4 Land, +6 Law, and +6 Power.

Defense: 17
          Influence: 19 (15+4 Favor Event)
          Lands: 39 (35+4 Favor Event)
          Law: 25 (18+1 Laughin barrel, +6 Favor Event)
          Population: 42
          Power: 30 (20+3 squadfather40, +1 Dave, +6 Favor Event)
          Wealth: 21 (20+1 rax)

Favor also makes sense as a founding event under the circumstances. The crown must have raised you up for actions taken in favor of the loyalists during the rebellion. Keep in mind that I would like to have some members have fought for the Blacks, which will require a little creativity to work in.

A few ideas:

Your house is the new cadet branch of an existing house that fought for the Blackfyres.

Some members of your house fought for the Blackfyres, but they all died in the fighting. The crown was willing to grant lands and titles to the loyalists especially because there is now no risk of the rebel branch inheriting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser heretic View Post
            10 is Decline in my Game of Thrones Edition book, which I'm adjusting to 13 for Favor.

Here's what we'll do.

The event is Favor, but we'll use your rolls. That means +4 Influence, +4 Land, +6 Law, and +6 Power.

Favor also makes sense as a founding event under the circumstances. The crown must have raised you up for actions taken in favor of the loyalists during the rebellion. Keep in mind that I would like to have some members have fought for the Blacks, which will require a little creativity to work in.

A few ideas:

Your house is the new cadet branch of an existing house that fought for the Blackfyres.

Some members of your house fought for the Blackfyres, but they all died in the fighting. The crown was willing to grant lands and titles to the loyalists especially because there is now no risk of the rebel branch inheriting.
            That explains the difference. I have the normal rule book. No worries either way, I'm just glad that the cycle of bad rolls is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser heretic View Post

Here's what we'll do.

A few ideas:

I'm currently mulling over which one of three different characters I should go with. One of them I envision as a successful condottiere who fought on the side of the Blackfyres and was forced into exile in Essos as a result. While there he became a spy for Bloodraven, keeping tabs on the activities of other exiles, and has now been allowed to return to Westeros for [reasons]. Would that work with your view of the political situation of our house and Westeros in general? (the other two concepts are homebodies and would have fought on the Targaryen side)

Actually, that gives me an idea if anyone else wants to have sided with the Blackfyres - our house was raised to prominence for our services to the Targaryens, with the ones who fought for the Blackfyres being killed, exiled or outlawed. In the years since, however, the house leadership has spent much of its political capital securing pardons for those of us who sided with the Blackfyres - that could help explain our low Influence. Why our house leader went through such trouble is something we could work out together, but it could be part of a Cunning PlanTM or perhaps the lord of the house merely missed his relatives and wanted to bring them home (this doesn't have to be your character David, if you play an adult or younger, then it's likely the first lord of the house was your father).

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by rax View Post
                I'm currently mulling over which one of three different characters I should go with. One of them I envision as a successful condottiere who fought on the side of the Blackfyres and was forced into exile in Essos as a result. While there he became a spy for Bloodraven, keeping tabs on the activities of other exiles, and has now been allowed to return to Westeros for [reasons]. Would that work with your view of the political situation of our house and Westeros in general? (the other two concepts are homebodies and would have fought on the Targaryen side)
                That sounds like a perfectly reasonable concept. My goal for the house's position is just to put you in a place where it's a hard decision as to which side you should support in a possible second rebellion. I want other houses to view your house with a mix of suspicion and uncertainty. Within the house, I want the possibility of a second rebellion to be a point of real discussion.

That being said, it is okay if all the PCs are on one side as long as we have important house NPCs on the other side.

Basically, it shouldn't be a foregone conclusion at this point as to which side the house will support. That will be the subject of our roleplay.

Comment

Something very weird is going on. I am unable to reply to the thread.

OK, now it's working, but I can't post the original reply I wanted to make. Odd indeed.

I'll have another go tomorrow. Night all!
                  Last edited by rax; 08-16-2016, 03:48 PM.

Comment

do you still have room for another player?

Comment

Originally posted by Corrigon View Post
                      do you still have room for another player?
                      Yes, welcome.

Comment

cool

increase: 1d6 3 applied to defense

what sort of character do we need to fill out the house?

I was considering either a mercenary commander i.e. as then house was formed during the uprising, they had to hire some mercenaries

or a haughty tourney knight
                        Last edited by Corrigon; 08-17-2016, 07:02 AM.

Comment

I think Laughin barrel and squadfather40 are both contemplating fighter types. David is our head of house but I don't know if he's going to primarily a fighter, leader or schemer. I have a couple of concepts bouncing around, all of which have a dash of fighter, leader and schemer. One of them happens to be a mercenary leader as well, but I have no problem abandoning that concept if you want to play one.

All in all, I think we're probably short a dedicated schemer. We also have no dedicated outdoorsmen/sneaky lockpicking types, but I usually consider those secondary roles in a typical SIFRP game.

It would also be grand if you could make your character a direct family member. Right now I think we're 50/50 on blood relations and in-laws/sworn swords.

Comment

In which case, I do have an idea for a schemer Septon, a former knight and brother to the original lord, now turned septon after a head injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrigon View Post
                              In which case, I do have an idea for a schemer Septon, a former knight and brother to the original lord, now turned septon after a head injury.
                              Sounds awesome!

Edit: This is just insane. I CANNOT post the reply I want to Ser heretic's reply to me from yesterday. But this just went through for reasons unknown. Anyone else having trouble posting?

Comment

Originally posted by rax View Post
                                Sounds awesome!

Edit: This is just insane. I CANNOT post the reply I want to Ser heretic's reply to me from yesterday. But this just went through for reasons unknown. Anyone else having trouble posting?
                                I don't seem to be having any trouble. Hmmmmmmm.

House Resources, updated with Corrigon's roll:

Defense: 20 (17+3 Corrigon)

Comment

Working...
                                X