OOC: Black Dragon Rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OOC: Black Dragon Rising

Quinton has tried to dodge details on how they came into possession of the chits as best he can. He admitted to Lord Roote that Ferret was gambling (but not how) and that is how they came into possession of the chits, but that's the farthest he's gone with the matter. So unless Ferret said anything, that'd be the extent of what anyone outside the two of them (sans the relevant townfolk) know.

Comment

FYI I'm having some hardware issues with my keyboard that are making it quite difficult to type at length. I should have a replacement and be back to normal in a couple days.

Comment

No problem - thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Busy week at work and now I'm on a weekend retreat with the wife. Expect to post IC tomorrow evening.

Comment

Coming up on two full weeks of crisis management at work. I'm aiming to get a post up tomorrow evening - ideally something to drive the action forward, but energy and creativity are at a bit of a low point right now.

Comment

No worries. Just a heads up - next week is spring break and I'll be off the entire week on family vacation. I'll still be connected, but if it takes me a bit to get around to something, I do apologize in advance.

And cross your fingers for me. We've got a 1400 mile car trip that starts tonight with a one year old and a three year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewdebega View Post
                And cross your fingers for me. We've got a 1400 mile car trip that starts tonight with a one year old and a three year old.
                My god, that sounds harrowing. Best of luck!

Comment

Agreed. I'm still at the stage where I'm leery of taking my three year old on any drive beyond a couple of hours. Hope all went well!

And just like that, I've also managed to scrape together an IC post. Very sorry for the delay, folks.

Comment

Planning for an IC post tomorrow evening.

OOC, it seems there's plenty coming to a head right now. Lord Roote hasn't responded to Timon's request to interrogate Joren yet, but I assume the Sebaston Frey will soon be spreading the news of Hayford's little tiff, as well as (I hope) news of the whereabouts of Balon Lychester. Is there a Narrator preference here? I.e. would it help move things along if Timon just rolls with what's happening at the moment, and delays any interrogation of Joren until Sebaston has shared his news?

Comment

Originally posted by rax View Post
                      Planning for an IC post tomorrow evening.

OOC, it seems there's plenty coming to a head right now. Lord Roote hasn't responded to Timon's request to interrogate Joren yet, but I assume the Sebaston Frey will soon be spreading the news of Hayford's little tiff, as well as (I hope) news of the whereabouts of Balon Lychester. Is there a Narrator preference here? I.e. would it help move things along if Timon just rolls with what's happening at the moment, and delays any interrogation of Joren until Sebaston has shared his news?
                      I wasn't sure if you wanted to continue talking about Pinkmaiden at length, so I went ahead and accelerated the other part of the plot that relates to Quinton. My latest IC should bring you up to speed. You can consider Timon to have heard everything, even the dialogue that precedes the group walking over to Roote and Timon.

This is definitely a big cross-plot intersection!

Also, I meant to have Roote give you the go-ahead to interrogate Joren in the Pinkmaiden post. His only condition is that he wants to listen in and maybe ask questions as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser heretic View Post
                        I wasn't sure if you wanted to continue talking about Pinkmaiden at length, so I went ahead and accelerated the other part of the plot that relates to Quinton. My latest IC should bring you up to speed. You can consider Timon to have heard everything, even the dialogue that precedes the group walking over to Roote and Timon.

This is definitely a big cross-plot intersection!

Also, I meant to have Roote give you the go-ahead to interrogate Joren in the Pinkmaiden post. His only condition is that he wants to listen in and maybe ask questions as well.
                        Well that works well for me, since I was hoping to use Roote as the good cop to Timon's bad cop. I imagine Joren has no illusions about his fate once Timon gets his hands on him - it's a matter of when, not if he'll hang. But he seemed pretty unimpressed with Roote, so he might believe that he could play Roote and find some sort of clemency in return for giving us the information we want. Also, he's heavily wounded - possibly dying - so hopefully he won't see much use in trying to deliberately mislead us.

Comment

Sorry for the slow response - I had this flagged to reply to but life got in the way.

I think I may have read Ser Timon correctly, but if that was not the implication, I'd be curious to find out.

Comment

Close enough. IC, Timon's pretty sure that Hayford is "spying" insofar as he's been asking questions about town, but he's not sure whether Hayford is just very direct (since he's apparently not been very subtle in his questioning) or if he's working a more cunning angle in some fashion. So what he wanted from Quinton was an opinion as to Hayford's character, since Quinton appears to be the person in the room who knows him best. Timon's takeaway from Quinton's response is that Hayford is probably a no nonsense loyalist and that it's likely that he attacked the singer for the reasons that Timon suggested. After all, the singer was singing the same tune earlier and Hayford did nothing then.

OOC, I felt it was about time to find a way to involve Quinton more directly in Timon's activities.

Comment

Crap. Got sidetracked by the Easter weekend. Aiming to get an IC post up tomorrow evening.

Comment

IC post is up. Shorter than I intended, but I realized I don't know the answer to two pertinent questions:

1. Is there a dungeon or something similar in the tower where we can interrogate Joren undisturbed?

2. Is it a good idea OOC for Quinton to tag along on the interrogation - to keep the group the together and let him become directly involved in the counterfeiting plot? Or are there events afoot that will focus directly on him right now?

Comment

Working...
                                X