OOC: Black Dragon Rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OOC: Black Dragon Rising

Ya with Mace's personality he would probably just leave and swear his sword somewhere else if his house forced him to be the master of horse for a knightly house.

This might work for everyone. Mace was just knighted and about to set off on his own adventure when the Sickness came to Templestone and he was stuck in the quarantine. After the Sickness ended Mace pledged to stay on and help his friend Ethan rebuild House Leyburn. This included fulfilling the duties of the recently deceased Master of Horse.

Comment

What's this? Ser Ethan might have a friend or two??! Glory to the Seven!

Welcome aboard Frumpler.

DR

Comment

Yes, I posted awhile back as a possible character connection. If your ok with that than that can be the route we take

Comment

Since DR seems happy with the idea, it honestly seems like the best fit is simply having Mace be a friend of Ethan's, and explaining your Status 3 as coming from your house of origin. No need to shoehorn Mace into a managerial role he doesn't want just for the sake of it.

Comment

@Frumpler...I took a look at your possible connections post earlier.. I like the adolescent friction to sparring partner to friend trajectory. If you want to work that in, that would be good.

@ Rax...You and I are in agreement on the positioning and status reasoning.

@ All - Work will be something of a burden between now and Nov 17th. I will be diligent on the weekends, but I can make no promises during the week. My apologies.

DR

Comment

Alright my character sheet should be up to date and ready to go, including personality, description, and history. Let me know if their anything I need to fix.

Also I changed my characters name from Mace to Mason.

Comment

Alright my character sheet should be up to date and ready to go, including personality, description, and history. Let me know if their anything I need to fix.

Also I changed my characters name from Mace to Mason.
                You might want to check if Ser heretic is okay with you burning DP for XP. I don't recall seeing that in his list of house rules and as far as I can tell from the rulebook, the only relationship DP have with XP is that you can spend 50 XP to buy 1 DP (p. 52). There's nothing there to suggest that you can uninvest or burn a DP to get XP, even if you originally bought a particular DP with XP. Allowing such basically makes younger characters superior to older ones in every way, since their main drawback at character creation is meant to be a lack of experience, balanced by getting more DP.

Comment

On page 13 of the thread he said you can burn one for 50xp

Also going up an age category gives you an extra 50 xp at the cost of a destiny point. Only difference now is I'm not force on what drawbacks I have to take and can use 20 of the xp in abilities instead of specialities.
                  Last edited by Fumpler; 13th October 2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

On page 13 of the thread he said you can burn one for 50xp
                    Well there you go then - all clear.

Comment

What are some ideas for possible interactions with Vlad?

I've already got a good one with Rax.

Comment

I have Vlad being the guy who actually trained Mason since I'm Ser Fern couldn't be bother. Left it simple so you could add something things to it if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Fumpler View Post
                          I have Vlad being the guy who actually trained Mason since I'm Ser Fern couldn't be bother. Left it simple so you could add something things to it if you wish.
                          Sounds good.

Comment

Out of curiousity...is the tournament common knowledge? I can see Vlad having an interest in participating.

Comment

Originally posted by squadfather40 View Post
                              Out of curiousity...is the tournament common knowledge? I can see Vlad having an interest in participating.
                              It's not common knowledge yet, but presumably Kyle or someone else will enlighten Vlad soon enough.

Comment

Hi all....I am somewhat back.

DR

Comment

Working...
                                X