(OOC) - The Price of Power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OOC) - The Price of Power

Awright guys. This topic is for recruiting players into my game. The adventure is called "The Price of Power" only as a temporary name, for I'll probably change it to better suit the theme and background from the PCs and from the Player House you all are going to create.

I'm thinking that FIVE PLAYERS are enough to make things interesting, and I believe it will be more fun to let you guys build your characters after or during House creation, so right now I believe the best way to handle the subscription is by order of date: the first 5 members to submit will be the players. I know it's not exactly classy but I'm certain more games will pop out eventually and everybody will have their share of fun!

So PLEASE, who wants to play?
    Last edited by Saturno; 06-08-2015, 08:27 PM.

Re: (OOC) - The Price for Power

Reporting for duty!

Comment

Re: (OOC) - The Price of Power

One in, four to go!

Comment

I'd be up for playing a game.

Comment

Awright, we still have 3 slots! =)

Comment

What do you have in mind concerning time period, type of the game, etc?

Comment

I'm thinking about a pre-Conquest era, post Andal invasion, maybe one or two thousand years before the books. This way I'll have much more liberty to create the ambient.

But I've not decided yet, so I'll love to hear my players ideas about it. I'm very open to suggestions.

Comment

I'm in!

If you want freedom of choice we could also play in a Westeros where the Blackfyres won over the Targaryens or where Maegor's descendents holds the Iron Throne?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurkhal View Post
                  I'm in!

If you want freedom of choice we could also play in a Westeros where the Blackfyres won over the Targaryens or where Maegor's descendents holds the Iron Throne?
                  Yes, I'm thinking about it. Definitely is an interesting idea, and it was already mentioned on the other forum. Same time period as the books, but with Blackfyres instead of Targaryens. Could work!

Anyway, we still have TWO slots for players, guys! Let's do this.

Comment

How about this - our game starts whete the last book ends? That will give us all the time/space we will ever need just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by todicpetar View Post
                      How about this - our game starts whete the last book ends? That will give us all the time/space we will ever need just a suggestion.
                      I like this idea too. But I feel I'll be hampered by the outcome of whatever is going on in the real North with the Others. I have the sense they are extremely close and I really don't want to enter this path 'cause I know I'm not a better writer than George to build the consequences of the Others invasion without it looking the cliché manichean outcome of good x evil. And at the same time I don't want to ignore them completely because their arc is interconnected with the whole northern arc.

So the solution would be set the game to be brief, reaching it's conclusion before the invasion. But I'm still thinking, heh.
                      Last edited by Saturno; 06-10-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I'm eaglery anticipating which scenario it will be. Hopefully some more players will join soon.

Comment

Hi everyone. I am interested by this PBF story but I have several issues:
                          - English is not my motherlanguage (but perhaps I could play someone from outside of Westeros in order to picture my language mistakes)
                          - I know the rules pretty well but my rulebook is in my native language so there might be some translation issues, especially during the character creation.
                          - I have never played by forum and I hope it won't be a deal-breaker

Comment

everybody has to start somewhere

Comment

Fair enough, good points!

And welcome shoum

I'm generally a fan of canon until we start playing kinda thing. so honestly I'm not a fan of the Daemon won scenario.
                              But if everyone else wants to go that route I won't be a spoilsport.

Comment

Working...
                              X