Future lore updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future lore updates?

So, it's been a while since we have heard (or at least I have found) any information on the progress of the lore updates that were supposed to be released. Is there any new information on the future of these supplements? It has been almost 2 years now...
    Last edited by Oddish043; 9th August 2016, 10:47 PM.

Re: Future lore updates?

Here is Green Ronin's asoiafrpg update page: http://greenronin.com/blog/category/sifrp-news/
    It might just be hard for the developers to reach GRRM. He has to give the go ahead before Green Ronin can do anything with the story.

Comment

Technically though, the Lores aren't just ASoIaF...

Comment

I also appreciate that Green Ronin has to work things through GRRM but for my sake I think there could be openings, like a campaign guide for the reign of Viserys and Dance of the Dragons, given that its the time and conflict we probably have the most information about after Robert's reign and the War of Five Kings.

Comment

Originally posted by Laughin barrel View Post
          Here is Green Ronin's asoiafrpg update page: http://greenronin.com/blog/category/sifrp-news/
          Well, it does seem according to this that they plan on releasing the expansions this year

Originally posted by deef View Post
          Technically though, the Lores aren't just ASoIaF...
          I agree with this though. I mean, one would assume Spark to Powder wouldn't require GRR's approval given it has little to nothing to do with the SIFRP setting.

Comment

I thought the Chronicle System was separate from the main Ice and Fire line. Why would they need to go through GRRM?

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
              I thought the Chronicle System was separate from the main Ice and Fire line. Why would they need to go through GRRM?
              If it's separate there's no need to go through GRRM, however, Green Ronin have to make cash, and perhaps the chronicle system doesn't sell as well as f.eks Mutants and Mastermind?
              Green Ronin is just a company, and just as any other companies, they need to make cash in order to keep the lights on...
              All we can hope for is a renewal of interest when Winds of Winter is released! Perhaps that can open the floodgates and create a new renaissance for the chronicle system too

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
                I am pretty sure that the system in itself is separated, but the primary and so far only setting for the system is such that they need to go through GRRM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fildrigar View Post
                  Not usually, no. The game's only magic system is "GM Fiat." We do sell a magic system for Chronicle, which is the underlying system that SIFRP is based on. ( http://greenroninstore.com/collectio...re-roleplaying ) Look for "Chronicle of Sorcery." Because these products are not branded for SIFRP, they didn't need to go through approvals with GRRM. They are completely compatible, though. There is also a series of monsters that don't appear in the books, for more of a fantasy feel.
                  I feel like that's confirmation enough that the sorcery delay has nothing to do with GRRM... :'(

Comment

So... I know this is effectively the equivalent of digging up the long desiccated remains of a horse to hit it a few more times, just to make sure, but I haven't seen or heard any news about SIFRP or the chronicle system since Dragon's Hoard... (no. The compiling of mountain terrors into one book and then adding a singe monster don't count) and that's not to mention the fact that it's been a little over 3 years since chronicles of sorcery was released... But I was under the Impression that Wortcuning at the very least was ready, and spirit binding and blood sorcery were not far behind. Yet the years have gone by and we have heard nothing but empty promises of future release dates. Is this entire project just completely dead at this point?

Comment

The License for the game is done. They can still make stuff for there own system but not for GoT.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus210 View Post
                        The License for the game is done. They can still make stuff for there own system but not for GoT.
                        That's fair, but the sorcery lore are for their own system...

Comment

It's not news on the magic system, but there was a recent news post about an upcoming Chronicle System book:

https://greenronin.com/blog/2018/01/...n-2018-part-1/

"SIFRP and Chronicle System

All good things must come to an end and such is the case with our beloved Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying. Our license expired in 2017 so there will be no new material forthcoming. We can continue to sell the books we’ve already released, however, so those will remain available to those who want to adventure in Westeros. Our series of compatible Chronicle System PDFs will also continue, first with Desert Threats, a new collection of creatures. Some of the rules material from our last planned SIFRP book, the Westeros Player’s Companion, will be released under the Chronicle System brand with the Westeros specific content removed."

Hope this helps guys, I'm looking forward to the new book!

Comment

Any chance of any supplementary Sorcery PDFs? I've been making a lot of my own spells, but I'd love to pay $5-6 to see what the game designers can come up with. I'm sure there are a LOT of others who use the system who feel the same.

Comment

Deef can you Share your Spells with us? I tried to Convert some D&D spells but ...

Comment

Working...
                              X