Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first bit of my campaign world, still a work in progress.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first bit of my campaign world, still a work in progress.

Hello again forum! I am creating my own campaign world using the Chronicle system. I'm planning on having a very British Isle feel. I use what little Welsh Google translate can give me for names, and this is the first bit of work I feel comfortable posting. I have a party and now am in the construction phase of my game. Its been quite a while since I ran a game with this group, our last game was DnD and lasted for well over two years. The Chronicle system is giving me a bit of problem with creation as my overall goal is to create a sandbox. I'm starting with an island chain and slowly bringing the larger world into play.

The Kingdom of Eryr-Galon is composed of two separate islands. The main island encompasses around the smaller. (o It is ruled by King Justian Rayr the fifth. His wife Queen Emira Rayer (formerly of house Eaugha), is his second wife. The great war of the (Don’t know how many the world will have) kingdoms, twenty five years ago, saw great losses for the king. His eldest son was slain in battle, leaving his sickly second son as heir. The third son passed along with his first wife in childbirth. He is now an elderly man with a young and pregnant wife.
    The smaller island named Galon is the seat of the royal castle. It is a mostly flat land with a few hills and a single large mountain where the capitol Cartref rests.
    Galon Stats
    Def: +0, Influence: +10, Lands: +5, Law: -5, Population: -5, Power: +0, Wealth: +0
    (note: I might be switching this around. My idea is that it is a small island primarily held for the defense of the capitol, also to sort of discourage my party from taking it. I plan on having this place be mostly visited for great intrigue but hopefully keep them away)
    The larger Island Eryr is a very varied land. Filled with various clans which claim the land is their own. The mountains and hills hold various riches, whilst the forest is a place not heavily explored.
    Def: +5, Influence: -5, Lands: +10, Law: -5, Population: +0, Power: +0, Wealth: +5
    (Note: I picture a well-defended land large and yet fairly lawless, filled with bandits, and barbarian clans. I purposefully did not either land power as I hope to make warfare a challenging thing)

Things in the dark: The tribes which claim the Eryr as their own, plan on using wildling stats save Thenn), the Black Brothers (a powerful bandit/thieves guild), and the Heretics (Worshipers of the Wild god from the beastiary).

What I still need some suggestions on.
    I am wanting help with a religion. I am thinking a Catholicism feel mixed with Zoroastrianism. The good god/evil god idea, or male/female pairs of gods who are at war with each other. I also am thinking the fae and spirits of the forest are quite real and have power. (Changing the Wryd woods for a fairy grove type place). Also instead of the Black Brother's or Night's watch, I am going to have a group of Church Paladin's who fill this same function.

This is still a work in progress I plan on editing and changing this post as I continue to create more, as well as post a second post to separate my fluff with raw number stuff.

Re: The first bit of my campaign world, still a work in progress.

Still not raw down yet, but here is more fluff. The history I'm getting my group to gather next week to roll house so I can figure more out.

History

Ancient (the time of the one true king): The great clans of the land of Eryr-Galon. They had the first conference of chieftens and joined under a great and powerful king. King Aethelstan united the lands of the Eryr and Galon and ruled for over two hundred years. After which he swore he would return, leaving the kingdom in the hands of his steward. He took his trusted advisors as well as his queen and was never seen again.
    Very Old (The war of the Rayr empire): The empire of old came across the sea and attacked the steward once it was vacant. The empire’s dark magic and the ways of darkness. The empire conquered the island of Galon, however the island of Eryr was not. The magic of the fae and the united clansmen where able to fend back the advance. The capitol was rebuilt and expanded upon by the imperial’s ways.
    Old (the great uprising): Coming from the island of Eryr, the free lords managed to push the empire back from the islands. This was a united front and the first of many imperial defeats to come. The rest of the world became emboldened by the empire. However around this time the teaching of the true way had began to be sewn in the weakened empire. The free lords still worshiped the old faith and it started the seeds of discontent.
    Established (the Falaise invasion): Coming from the mainland, the house of Falaise came, Alaris Falaise, a second son of the Asholia kingdom. He managed to conquered the capitol in a manner of moments. Bringing the faith of the light to the lands, he managed to unite the lands under the Falaise dynesty. This was the first time since the Ancient time that the kingdom was united.
    Recent (The end of the Falaise): The Falaise dynasty did not last long. In but two generations Alaris’ grandson had no heirs his title and kingdom was transferred to the current king, his step-brothers, both married to his sisters. The clans who still refused to bow to the Falaise used this as a chance to invade the lands. This rebellion was quashed though a bloody one.
    New (The war of the two kings): The brothers by marriage could not decide who would rule. This was not a quiet exchange. War broke out between the isles. Factions sprang from each side to decide who would be the current king. The victory was Pyric. The current King Eadred slew Cnut and during the battle the family of the Falaise dynasty. Hearing her sister Gytha had been slain, as well as all of her sons, Ealdgyth leapt to her death.
    Last edited by Jdguy; 06-19-2014, 12:27 AM. Reason: More stuff

Comment

Here are my two changes to the rules. So far rule one, no more sponsor quality. Secondly to change the Landed quality to read. Your house must and may take the banner-house under the power option. You are now a landed knight of the home house.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdguy View Post
        What I still need some suggestions on.
        I am wanting help with a religion. I am thinking a Catholicism feel mixed with Zoroastrianism. The good god/evil god idea, or male/female pairs of gods who are at war with each other. I also am thinking the fae and spirits of the forest are quite real and have power. (Changing the Wryd woods for a fairy grove type place). Also instead of the Black Brother's or Night's watch, I am going to have a group of Church Paladin's who fill this same function.
        1. Ok, I don't know how much to say here. But I'll throw out a few ideas and see what you think of them.

Maybe the God of Evil (GoE) was the first one and created the world, which is why its such a messed up placed, and then the God of Good (GoG) came around and gave ideas to people on how to be nice people? Basically take Gnostic ideas and bump it up to a full fledged religion, like the Cathers did or Zoroastrians.

Also don't say that you are replacing the Wryd Woods or the Night's Watch as it gives the wrong connections. Just write what this wood and these paladins are doing.

Comment

Working...
        X