Update for chronicle of sorcery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update for chronicle of sorcery?

I'm curious what the latest update is for chronicle of sorcery. I'm waiting with baited breath for this book as I plan on using mages as magister's in my upcoming game. Can I get an eta for its release please? If it is not coming out any time soon then can I please get the spoiler of knowing which key ability will be used?

The reason for this is so I can finish up work on my campaign world and introduce magic once the book comes out and not have the PC who is anxiously awaiting to become a Mage not have any proper stats.

Re: Update for chronicle of sorcery?

Originally posted by Jdguy View Post
    I'm curious what the latest update is for chronicle of sorcery. I'm waiting with baited breath for this book as I plan on using mages as magister's in my upcoming game. Can I get an eta for its release please? If it is not coming out any time soon then can I please get the spoiler of knowing which key ability will be used?

The reason for this is so I can finish up work on my campaign world and introduce magic once the book comes out and not have the PC who is anxiously awaiting to become a Mage not have any proper stats.
    You should probably operate under the assumption that it's not coming out anytime soon. Meaning, you'll need to finish your campaign plans by yourself, or with the help of thosein the forums. Post your ideas and they'll give feedback.
    If you're only waiting on which ability to use, just pick one you think fits best.

You can also work with your player on your new house-ruled Mage mechanics. Ask him what his expectations are for what a Mage would be like, and what it is about a Mage that draws him to that concept. Then work backwards from there, building rules around the major things involving magic. This avoids making arbitrary rules concerning parts that wouldn't be fun for him to play.

Comment

Thank you. I do plan on using the forum for my campaign. So far I'm creating the "great house" I plan on having the party live in. I'll do the slow and gentle introduction of magic then. Thank you for the help in advance, I plan on posting pretty soon.

Comment

Hey, if you're interested, I came up with the following a while back:
        http://www.greenronin.com/phpBB2/vie...p?f=41&t=11399

It contains 3 feats for 3 types of magic, sorcery (magic as an inborn talent) wizardry (magic as a product of education and study) and invocation (magic as a blessing of a deity).

Sorcerers use Will and Awareness
        Wizards use Knowledge and Cunning
        Invokers use Persuasion and Will

The spell list is pretty inadequate at this point, but it might be a good start for coming up with your own system. Good luck!
        Last edited by Damon; 17th June 2014, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Thank you! I'll look into it and comment. Now I'm working on fluff for my game.

Comment

Working...
          X