Combat Defense Question regarding Mt. Terrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat Defense Question regarding Mt. Terrors

Can some one explain how combat defense was calculated in Mountain Terrors? The Venomous Snake has CD of 9 (11). Agility+Awareness+Athletics would equal 7 if we assume an athletics of 2. I'm thinking they are getting a bonus for being a smaller size, but I can't find the rule that spells it out. Also, I can't figure out where the (11) is coming from? Probably stupid questions, but help would be great.

Re: Combat Defense Question regarding Mt. Terrors

I don't have Mountain Terrors, but I do have Woodland Creatures, and the stats are the same there. Checking several other listed animals that also have an extra CD number in parentheses, it's clear that they're all getting +2 CD, which is in accordance with the SIFRP combat rule that states that small targets such as children, dogs and ravens increase their Combat Defense by +2.

However, it's not clear why the venomous snake has a base CD of 9. That's not in accordance with its listed abilities and it has no special traits listed that would explain it either. Since all the other small animals I checked had the CD one would expect based on their ability ranks, I'm inclined to think that CD 9 is an error - either the snake is supposed to have CD 7 or it's supposed to have higher ability ranks.

/rax

Comment

Re: Combat Defense Question regarding Mt. Terrors

Thanks, I think I'll assume it is a mistake unless someone offers a better explanation.

Comment

Working...
      X