Sorcery Technique Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorcery Technique Question

I understand that to learn a new Art I must spend for a benefit... is that true of the Common Arts as well? I understand I have to have a source to learn the technique but do I have to have spent for Warding to learn Apotropaic Working?

When learning a technique that lists both a ritual and spell version do you learn both or must they be learned separately? For instance does the technique Benediction of Personage when learned allow me to use the spell Benediction of Personage, as well as Convocational Benediction and Ritual Anointing? or do I have to 8 weeks and roll vs an 18 to learn each one. When learning from books... if I have a book that teaches the technique Benediction of Personage, do I need to know which version it teaches spell or ritual or do I get the group in the single page with that technique?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Sorcery Technique Question

As far as I understand the rules... (I'm not going to bother to cite unless someone challenges me on any of these. Too tired.)
    Originally posted by yrtalien View Post
    I understand that to learn a new Art I must spend for a benefit... is that true of the Common Arts as well? I understand I have to have a source to learn the technique but do I have to have spent for Warding to learn Apotropaic Working?
    Yes. Sorcerer gets you one, and you must get Sorcerous Initiation for each additional Art. So, say I grabbed Divination with Sorcerer, but I want to branch into Warding. I need the Benefit Sorcerous Initiation (Warding). Make sense?

Originally posted by yrtalien View Post
    When learning a technique that lists both a ritual and spell version do you learn both or must they be learned separately?
    You get both. They're really different forms of the same technique, and the rules refer to this.

Comment

Re: Sorcery Technique Question

Originally posted by Kadrok View Post
      As far as I understand the rules... (I'm not going to bother to cite unless someone challenges me on any of these. Too tired.)
      Yes. Sorcerer gets you one, and you must get Sorcerous Initiation for each additional Art. So, say I grabbed Divination with Sorcerer, but I want to branch into Warding. I need the Benefit Sorcerous Initiation (Warding). Make sense?

You get both. They're really different forms of the same technique, and the rules refer to this.
      Yes, it makes sense thank you : )

Comment

Working...
      X