Looking for more... Sorcery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for more... Sorcery

Starting a new game and just got finished reading Chronicles of Sorcery because there is an interested party. I understand we need to wait for supplements for some expansion on Lores and Arts... but I'm wondering if anyone has some home grown material they might be willing to share... any help appreciated. I am a terrible judge of power balance and hope some of you more creative types are better.

Re: Looking for more... Sorcery

I started fiddling with it a bit for a Westeros game where I wanted to have some magic involved. I never got around to making any actual spells or techniques (the players in question were happy to begin the game knowing only a common technique) but I came up with the following Initiation Benefits based on the guidelines for doing so the supplement provides:

Blood Magic Initiate

You have been initiated in the sorcerous art of Blood Magic, revealing secrets of life-force and ancestry. As a Blood Magic Initiate, you gain the following benefits:

-You know one Common or Blood Magic technique: learning this technique was a part of your initiation into the craft.
    -If you have access to a source of knowledge (tutor, library, etc) you can learn new Common and Blood Magic techniques.
    -Whenever you test endurance to resist effects or to overcome an injury or wound, you may add your will rank to the result.
    -You gain one Sorcerous Destiny Point

Wortcunning Initiate

You have been initiated in the sorcerous art of Wortcunning, unlocking the secrets bound in plants and fungi. As a Wortcunning Initiate, you gain the following benefits:

-You know one Common or Wortcunning technique: learning this technique was a part of your initiation into the craft.
    -If you have access to a source of knowledge (tutor, library, etc) you can learn new Common and Wortcunning techniques.
    -Whenever you create a poison, each degree of success on the test beyond the first adds 1 to its toxicity.
    -You gain one Sorcerous Destiny Point

Comment

Re: Looking for more... Sorcery

Anyone come up with any techniques? I'd like to start using some sorcery in my ASoIaF campaign, but as mentioned above, there's not a lot of actual techniques in the Chronicle of Sorcery. I'd like to see anything anyone's brewed up at home.

Comment

Working...
      X