Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chronicle Creatures - Mountain Terrors series begins!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chronicle Creatures - Mountain Terrors series begins!

It's that time of the week again!

Legends say that there is something both horrible and hungry that lives in the mountain peaks. Those who have seen it and escaped suggest that its body remains unseen, although its shadow suggests a carrion bird of great size and two heads. Most who have seen it, however, have not lived to tell that tale.

Mountain Terrors: Devouring Shadow is a bestiary PDF for the Chronicle System, the rules engine that powers our popular A Song of Ice & Fire Roleplaying game.

Comment

Oh, Mountain Trolls! I have got to get caught up on these.

Comment

Indeed it is!

Dangerous horrors of the highlands, mountain trolls are near-human creatures that live - and hunt - in packs. Aggressive and violent, they have been the death of many a traveling party over the years. Beware the troll-infested demenses of these monsters, for it is almost surely death to enter them.

Mountain Terrors: Mountain Troll is a bestiary PDF for the Chronicle System, the rules engine that powers our popular A Song of Ice & Fire Roleplaying game.

Comment

And the one that dropped while I was away at GenCon!

Dwelling in the foothills and lower mountain reaches, jumping foxes are larger than other foxes. Though they are not normally a danger to people, they can be fiercely protective of their young. Some folk have taken advantage of their predatory nature and lack of fear around humans to train them as hunting companions.

Mountain Terrors: Jumping Fox is a bestiary PDF for the Chronicle System, the rules engine that powers our popular A Song of Ice & Fire Roleplaying game.

Comment

Do any of these include the extra rules you were crowdsourcing in this thread, or has that yet to be finished?

Comment

Originally posted by Giant2005 View Post
              Do any of these include the extra rules you were crowdsourcing in this thread, or has that yet to be finished?
              They do not, no. That thread was for a future product that will be part of the A Song of Ice & Fire Roleplaying line proper. These are just critters.

Comment

Mountain Terrors Tuesday!

In the mountain heights hunts the needle roc. Much larger than its smaller eagle cousin, the needle roc is a raptor with a particularly distinctive hunting style: it flies past prey and threats alike, popping the viciously hooked quills along its wings to eviscerate those unlucky enough to have earned its ire. Between its large size, viciously hooked talons and twelve-foot quilled wingspan, this beast is a terror to watch out for.

Mountain Terrors: Needle Roc is a bestiary PDF for the Chronicle System, the rules engine that powers our popular A Song of Ice & Fire Roleplaying game. Find out more in this free Mountain Terrors: Introduction PDF!

Comment

It's that day of the week once more! We're nearing an end to the Mountain Terrors series here.

Quiet alpine snow fields may occasionally be disturbed by strange protrusions in sinuous lines, as though something had passed beneath the snow without breaking the surface. The wise know this to be a sign of dangerous snow eels, and take precautions against the electrifying terrors that have been known to shock both man and horse in order to feed on the stunned victims.

Mountain Terrors: Snow Eel is a bestiary PDF for the Chronicle System, the rules engine that powers our popular A Song of Ice & Fire Roleplaying game.
                  Last edited by Carriker; 08-26-2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Missed it by a day. Sorry about that!

Leaping from impossible perch to seemingly sheer cliff is the stonehorn, a mighty beast that is to goats what dire wolves are to normal wolves. These four-horned, pony-sized animals reach the highest of peaks and consume the salt and other minerals they crave imbedded in the stone of the mountains. Though they are not predatory, they do not hesitate to defend their territory and their young with vicious stone horns completely infused with the minerals they consume.

Mountain Terrors: Stonehorn is a bestiary PDF for the Chronicle System, the rules engine that powers our popular A Song of Ice & Fire Roleplaying game.

Comment

Not all the predatory dangers of the mountains are beasts and animals. The tripper root grows along narrow paths and beside sheer cliffs, waiting for prey to come stumbling through its ground-covering vines. The tripper root then reacts with whip-like precision, snagging men and beast alike and hurling them over the side, slamming them into mountain faces to kill and consume them.

Mountain Terrors: Tripper Root is a bestiary PDF for the Chronicle System, the rules engine that powers our popular A Song of Ice & Fire Roleplaying game.

Comment

Apologies if I've missed this, or if it is the wrong thread, but... Where can I find the stats for mammoths and giants as seen in Season 4 of GoT?

Comment

Those stats are already in the narrator chapter of the corerulebook

Comment

Originally posted by Hugor View Post
                            Those stats are already in the narrator chapter of the corerulebook
                            Ah.. that will teach me for not reading the whole book cover to cover..

Thanks.

Comment

Am I reading their stats wrong?

Giant's seem a bit underpowered to me.

Comment

Most of these entries have had a brief description, but I can't tell what an Alpinghast is supposed to be...one post seemed to imply it's kind of a yeti. Is that correct? I'm going to be running some adventures north of the Wall, and I want my party to encounter grumkins and snarks, but I don't know what they're going to be yet. I want to see what options Mountain Terrors gives me.

Comment

Working...
                                X