Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chronicle Creatures - Mountain Terrors series begins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicle Creatures - Mountain Terrors series begins!

Hello, all.

We've got a new series of creatures for the Chronicle System coming out as weekly PDFs. Our first portion of this series is called Mountain Terrors!

This week, we release both the free Introduction PDF for the series, as well as the first of the monsters, a Legend called an Alpingast (for $1.29).

Check them out!

Re: Chronicle Creatures - Mountain Terrors series begins!

Downloaded both. The weather write-ups and the animal training stuff is awesome. I especially like the mountain terrain qualities, and how some of them apply to intrigues. The Alpingast itself is well written, and has some interesting abilities. Definitely looking forward to more from this series.

My only (very tiny) criticism? The Mountain Animals section on pg.11 is spelled "Mouuntain Animals".
    Last edited by Ser Daerin; 30th June 2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

First on the errata document it goes! Thanks.

Comment

In the introduction pdf, the wildcat's knockdown ability refers to his as a wolf:

"Knockdown: Whenever a wolf gets at least 2 degrees of success on
        a Fighting test, it can forgo the extra damage to knock its opponent
        to the ground."

Edit: forgot to say it's awesome

Comment

Nice. You guys have even managed to make the Yeti even more terrifying...not that was really necessary, mind. But, still the Alpingast is still an interesting Legend to be sure. Look forward to the future releases.
          :cough: Dragons :cough:

Comment

Will they be released on specific days during the week?

Comment

Our goal is Tuesdays, Legate! And speaking of which...

Today we're releasing the Avalanche Wolves!

Those who know the mountain heights understand that it is not simply the beasts of the peaks they have to beware of - it is also the dangers of the very land. But even they know better than to cross the path of a hungry pack of avalanche wolves, whose how can bring the very mountains down atop their prey.

Mountain Terrors: Avalanche Wolf is a bestiary PDF for the Chronicle System, the rules engine that powers our popular A Song of Ice & Fire Roleplaying game.

Comment

How many Mountain Terrors are planned? Because it is scary how the Avalanche Wolves and the Alpingast fit into the Northern portion of the setting world I'm putting together right now. Also, the different varieties of Gryphons fit well into other aspects of the background. And I know you are probably tired of hearing this...but, eh...Dragons, when? A Mountain Dragon, perhaps.
                Last edited by Legate; 7th July 2015, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Maybe some kind of Ice Dragon? Ice is mountainy, right?

Comment

There are thirteen total planned for this series: 6 Beasts, 5 Horrors, and 2 Legends.

Sadly none of them are gryphons or dragons yet, although I've been toying with releasing some dragon stats separate from the Mountain Terrors series.

Alternately, I might just do a Chronicle Creatures: Legendary Monsters series right after it.

Which would you prefer?

Comment

I have no personal preference. I'm excited to see the official Green Ronin write-up on dragons, but if it'd work better as part of a series after Mountain Terrors, that's cool too. Throw in Krakens and Wyverns somewhere in there and I'll be happy to wait. Side note, the write-up on the Great White Shark, while brief, is pretty awesome to see. I want my players to roll up an Ironborn house just so I can have a shark eat them.
                      Last edited by Ser Daerin; 10th July 2015, 09:01 PM.

Comment

The only stipulation I have is that Dragons come out sooner rather then later. Whether it is next or one or two down the line doesn't really matter. I really don't have a preference if they are a separate category or as a part of a larger over all Chronicle Bestiary; again as long as they both are more-or-less equal in time that they would be put out. Adding in Dragon kind is also a nice idea.

Gryphons really don't need to be touched on again, what was done in Woodland Creatures was really excellent. I really like the different breeds that you guys came up with; splitting them into Sea, Brown and Great Gryphons was pure brilliance. Having said that if you guys have any plans on expanding what you have written about them, then please by all means fire when ready.

Also, is there any plan on putting out stats for more classical era beasts (ie Chimera, Basilisk, Manticore, etc)? Gothic creatures (were creatures, ghosts, etc.)?

Comment

I shall take all of these into advisement (particularly the bit about gryphons, considering I somehow completely forgot we already did them).

This week's Chronicle Creatures is out! The Cloud Leopard comes down out of the mountains when the deep mists descend into the valleys, and the local common folk know to keep their children and livestock securely locked away.

Comment

Looks interesting and I'll try to keep an eye on this.

Comment

Thanks for the interest, folks. It's Mountain Terrors Tuesday once again!

In the reaches of high crags swept by hot winds, the crag lurker lies in wait. A fierce reptilian predator, it does not discriminate between herd and herdsman, but will feast on both without hesitation. Those who would cross the warm, dry peaks and buttes of the deserts and scrublands must steel themselves against these monsters.

Mountain Terrors: Crag Lurker is a bestiary PDF for the Chronicle System, the rules engine that powers our popular A Song of Ice & Fire Roleplaying game.

Comment

Working...
                              X