Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

The Septry on Longsister - A SIFRP Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Septry on Longsister - A SIFRP Adventure

Below is the link to another adventure zer0ed and I put together. It's based on 'the Name of the Rose', a book by Umberto Eco which had a movie made after it in the 80s, starring Sean Connery and Christian Slater (and featuring Ron Perlman!). I recommend both the book and movie highly. In the adventure, the PCs investigate a mysterious death at a library and scriptorium of the Faith. Narrators may find watching the movie to be helpful to get a sense of how events would play out without PC interference - I'll bet your PCs can solve the mystery faster than 007 did!

I've wanted to convert this story into an adventure for a long time, and I think it fits perfectly into the Song of Ice and Fire Universe. The bulk of the adventure was mine, with plenty of help from zer0ed smoothing out rough edges on motivations, and of course, finding and editing some great illustrations. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qd2l5q...ister.pdf/file

Re: The Septry on Longsister - A SIFRP Adventure

Nice work! Glad I could help with your adventure, as usual!

Comment

Interesting with an adventure based on this great movie.

Comment

Yeah, but of course there is the "risk" that quiet a number of players may figure the similarities out...

Comment

Yeah... About the same risk as players coming on these boards to download these adventures...

If you know your players are fans of the book or the movie, then I guess you'll have to change a few things, switch things up a little, change the course of the events, or make someone else the main antagonist... Like the Borg, you need to adapt! LOL!

Comment

Knowing next to nothing about the three sisters islands, i used the septry of the shattered stone from the Chronicle Starter further inland.

Comment

Very good choice! It has a scriptorium too, if I remember correctly!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeroed View Post
                Very good choice! It has a scriptorium too, if I remember correctly!
                Yes it does. At the time when i was preparing for the adventure, i found the information about the three sisters from the Campaign Guide to have too little for me work this into my ongoing campaign in the Reach and while i know Davos visited the sisters in the novels, i don't want to flip through hundreds of pages of said novels to find out. I remembered a mention of a septry in the Chronicle Starter and while only a page long, it provided me with enough information to fit the adventure into the campaign. After all besides its scriptorium, the septry's policy of strict neutrality and safety to those coming to its halls made the septry rather unpopular with many if not most of the neighboring lords as well as the valid rumor that the septry has ties to the Faith Vigilant (depending on when the adventure takes place) makes it plausible that the presence of armed inquisitors won't raise eyebrows but it would be enough so the closest lord of said septry will be alarmed to ready his guards just in case.
                Last edited by Shadow Mask; 18th April 2019, 11:41 PM.

Comment

To be honest, the information are not many - but of course whenever you wanted to find something you may look in such a source like the ASOIAF-Wiki, which mostly has the material from the books on one place. However the material about the Sisters are not much. Given their special history - they had a thousand-year-long war in which they were the price about which the savages from the North and the men from the Vale crushed (the "rape of the Sisters" by the Northerners is still remembered with hate today) and their own set of gods in the past - they are an interesting place. And they may hide more dark secrets giving the strange marks some of the people there have (the swim-webbs between the fingers of "pure-blooded" nobles suggest some kind of strange blood, but of course it could just be a common type of mild human Syndactyly).

Comment

"The Shadows over Sisterton." "Holy Deep Ones, Batman!"

Comment

Shadow Mask - exactly! I actually slotted this adventure into my campaign when the PCs are dealing with the re-emergence of Merlings/Deep Ones. I basically make Sisterton a Westerosi Innsmouth. I'm running my campaign in 37AC, and since there are a few dragons in Westeros, I gave myself license to up the magic level.

Nice catch on the Chronicle Starter - I'd forgotten that location.

Comment

I've added the Septry at Shattered Rock suggestion to the PDF file, in the Adaptating the Adventure section... I think it's a really good alternative for anyone using the Chronicle Starter setting.

Comment

Working...
                        X