X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owlhunter
    started a topic Broken men at Harrenhal

Broken men at Harrenhal

After the Battle of the Trident, a number of Targaryen loyalists have fled the battlefield and disappeared in the surrounding woods, where they turned to banditry to survive. While the lords and knights of higher houses were pardoned by the new King and subsequently returned to their home, these men are a mixture of simple smallfolks with no home to return to and faithful Targaryen supporters who refused to bend the knee to an usurper of the throne. Initially no more than a nuisance, the bandits have become bolder in recent weeks and are now threatening the lands of House Whent...

I originally developed this adventure for a play-by-post solo game in which we played through the first half of it. After the game died because my player disappeared, I decided it would be a waste to throw the whole thing away, especially in light of the various people asking for prepared adventures on this forum on a regular basis. So I used it to practice my writing skills and cobbled the whole thing together into the attached pdf.
    This is a a first version and because of that, the quality is probably not yet where I want it to be. This is where I am counting on you guys: Any feedback is welcome whether it is remarks on the general design of the adventure, proposed changes to individual encounters or simple spelling mistakes, I am happy for any feedback you can provide me with.

Ideally, I would like to include a small map sketch of House Whent's lands in the pdf, where the various locations (Harrentown, Greenmeadows, Wynn Tower etc) are shown in the form of doodles, but this will likely never happen due to my lack of artistic capabilities. Also, the way things are presented, it seems like I am putting more focus on fighting encounters compared to intrigues, but this is definitely not the case. It is just that non-violent scenes tend to be more free-form in my games and so I am struggling a bit in presenting them on paper. For the fighting scenes, I included gorgeous excel-based maps (lol ;-) ) and stats, which is likely an overkill, but was developed from the material I already had from the original adventure.

I hope somebody can gain something from it, whether it is a quick interlude for a player or two, or insipration for storylines

The adventure can be found here:
    https://goo.gl/o5nPpT

• Zeroed
    replied
    Re: Broken men at Harrenhal

Hi Owlhunter, I'm glad you liked this version. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Owlhunter
    replied

Hi Zeroed,

sorry for not replying, I thought I had enabled an automatic forwarding of any emails to my primary account but obviously I messed up somewhere.

I like your additions and am happy about the fact that my creation sparked that much reaction and creative thinking.
    I don't think it was necessary to convert the whole advenure into a new design / layout, but as you already did the work, might as well share it with others!

Leave a comment:

• Zeroed
    replied

For all those who are interested, I've updated the adventure by expanding on the wounded Lord Whent situation (he's actually being kept unconscious by the spy) and added a whole new scene about that, with a few extra bonuses if you manage to heal the lord. I've also tweaked the area map to be more line with the novels and added a note on parlay offers before the battle.

Just download it back from my original link.
    Last edited by Zeroed; 12-18-2018, 12:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow Mask
    replied

Great job.

Leave a comment:

• Gurkhal
    replied

Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Zeroed
    replied

Good catch ! I've updated the file to correct this mistake.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Tindome10
    replied

Well done as always zeroed. Just one mistake the good wife Anabel ist called good wife ... As the woman before in the stats block. The rest is beautiful made as the rest of your work.
    Thank you zeroed and 🦉

Leave a comment:

• Tindome10
    replied

Zeroed well done as always. I found just one mistake. The good wife Anabel ist named good wife ... The same name above in the stats block discretion. The rest ist beautiful.

Thanks for your work zeroed.

Leave a comment:

• Zeroed
    replied

You're right, I'll share the enhanced adventure with all of you.

Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kkim4d...enhal.pdf/file

Owlhunter, if you are reading this and doesn't like my version of your adventure, just contact me and I'll remove it.

Thank you.

Zeroed
    Last edited by Zeroed; 12-03-2018, 08:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tindome10
    replied

Since Owlhunter still didn't answer I suggest you can post your enhanced version.
    Because non of your adventures upgrades was bad I think he wouldn't mind. A we are happy to see your version zeroed.

Leave a comment:

• Zeroed
    replied

Anybody knows if Owlhunter is still active on these boards ? Based on his profile, his last activity here was 8 months ago.

I wrote to him at the email address found in the adventure Broken Men at Harrenhal, but didn't get any answer yet.

I ask because I've created an "enhanced" version of his adventure Broken Men at Harrenhal and would like to post it here...

Leave a comment:

• Tedric
    replied

Thank you Deef. This website is awesome and I'm going to use it.

Leave a comment:

• deef
    replied

Here's a website that has an overview w/some details: http://www.westeroscraft.com/forum/m...ter/most-views
    That's what I plan to use. I'm going to use the adventure in my campaign set around 210AC - instead of survivors from the Ruby Ford, they'll be knights who were able to escape Bloodraven's troops.

Leave a comment:

• Tedric
    replied

I will make my PC play this adventure and we'll start on Friday. One thing I wonder though.
    There is a possibility the player don't succeed to prevent Derrick's attack adn choose to defend from inside the castle. Do anyone knows where we could find a map of this giant castle?

Remember Harrenhall is half in ruin. It was badly burned by Aegon's dragons and none of the lords who held it never had the power nor the money to rebuild it. So I magine that castle with two outer walls ruined, several towers ruined too and maybe the central keep an a wall surrounding it which is barely intact and that the defenders could use.

Opinions on this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X