So confused about errata

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So confused about errata

Okay, I have what I'm pretty sure is the definitive final version, which is the GOT edition PDF (which has been updated with the new Sinister, etc.)

However, I also own a physical copy of the Pocket Edition. And I'd like to mark anywhere in it that the rules are wrong and I need to check the PDF for errata.

But I cannot find errata for just the Pocket Edition.

The litmus test I've been using (and what brought this up) is the Head For Numbers benefit. In the printed Pocket Edition I have, the last sentence says "In addition, you increase your House's Wealth by 1d6." But in the GOTe PDF, it instead says, "In addition, anytime you make House Fortunes roll that results in an increase of the Wealth Resource, gain one additional point of Wealth to that increase."

I cannot find the errata anywhere that encompasses that change (or that even mentions Head for Numbers). So that means I haven't found the right errata list yet. Does anyone know where it would be?
    [B][URL="http://www.mygurps.com/mm3e.shtml"]My Collection of M&M (3E) House Rules[/URL][/B]
    Including . . .[LIST][*]Combat "Boosts," Investigation Montages, and more[*]New Powers, Advantages, and Gear[*]Worked Examples and Rules Clarifications[/LIST]

As noted on this page, the GoT edition included both errata and cleaned up descriptions of the qualities (benefits and drawbacks) in Chapter 5. There are two documents linked at the bottom of the page - the errata included in the GoT edition and all of Chapter 5, including cleaned up rules. Both the errata and the changes to Head of Numbers are included in Chapter 5, so basically you just replace all of Chapter 5 in the pocket edition with Chapter 5 from GoT edition to get the most up to date version.

Note that there are still discrepancies between the table and the text descriptions of the qualities, and in the case of Knowledge Focus there is a line missing (which was in earlier editions) that makes it clear that the bonus dice being referred to are Education bonus dice.

Comment

Okay so as far as Chapter 5 goes, there is no list of errata -- if I want to mark which Benefits are incorrect in my book, I need to compare every single one.

That . . . sucks. But thanks for the information; at least now I can stop looking.
      [B][URL="http://www.mygurps.com/mm3e.shtml"]My Collection of M&M (3E) House Rules[/URL][/B]
      Including . . .[LIST][*]Combat "Boosts," Investigation Montages, and more[*]New Powers, Advantages, and Gear[*]Worked Examples and Rules Clarifications[/LIST]

Comment

Working...
      X