Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do penalties come from on Table 10-6: Survivors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do penalties come from on Table 10-6: Survivors?

I get that if you're rolling on the Disorganized column, you take a penalty equal to -(# of times disorganized, minus 1). Consider that understood.

But besides the Disorganized column, every other column has a "0 or less" entry. How would you ever reach that? I can't find anything besides the above which inflicts penalties on this roll, so I'm concerned that I'm missing something.
    [B][URL="http://www.mygurps.com/mm3e.shtml"]My Collection of M&M (3E) House Rules[/URL][/B]
    Including . . .[LIST][*]Combat "Boosts," Investigation Montages, and more[*]New Powers, Advantages, and Gear[*]Worked Examples and Rules Clarifications[/LIST]

It may be that this if for things like mali from the situation. Of course, the text also says the position in the table depends on the situation at the end of the battle - so a damaged or even a no damalged unit could get a zero or even negative result if they were disorganized once or even more than once during the battle, but later healed by "Regroup" (or several of them) orders or the "reform"-advanced order. Units who did that could be in the situation of "no damage" at the end, but suffer -1 or more because they were disorganized once or several times. This is of course just theoretical...

Comment

I don't think that's accurate, because the footnote telling me to add -1 per Disorg after the first is specific to just the Disorg column. It would be straight-up errata if the intent was for that penalty to apply to any other column.
      [B][URL="http://www.mygurps.com/mm3e.shtml"]My Collection of M&M (3E) House Rules[/URL][/B]
      Including . . .[LIST][*]Combat "Boosts," Investigation Montages, and more[*]New Powers, Advantages, and Gear[*]Worked Examples and Rules Clarifications[/LIST]

Comment

Working...
      X