Thrown weapons -- improving?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrown weapons -- improving?

I've seen a few people say that thrown weapons are absolutely worthless in SIFRP compared to bows, etc. In your opinion, is this the case? And if so, is there a simple fix that you strongly recommend?

(I don't want to go crazy with house rules in my first game, so I'm trying to gauge whether things like this really need a fix.)
    [B][URL="http://www.mygurps.com/mm3e.shtml"]My Collection of M&M (3E) House Rules[/URL][/B]
    Including . . .[LIST][*]Combat "Boosts," Investigation Montages, and more[*]New Powers, Advantages, and Gear[*]Worked Examples and Rules Clarifications[/LIST]

Thrown weapons are MUCH weaker than bows/crossbows - they have lower damage and shorter range. On the other hand, they tend to be more flexible (can also be used for melee, much easier to conceal, much less expensive). I don't think upgrading thrown weapons is the answer. Not all weapons have to be equal. If someone really wants to build the most mechanically-advantageous character, they're going to be restricted in flavor.

Comment

Working...
    X