X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zorbeltuss
    replied
    Re: Travel time and distances?

Ravens can fly pretty fast, and cantering at horse, too. By foot? By wagon? Or the Queen's monstrous wheelhouse? There's a reason a heavy load is 1/4 speed.

Leave a comment:

• jamesjackson
    replied

I would like to suggest you that travelsites.com is the platform where you can get the advice according to your requirements. I had a great experience with the travelsites and they have experts and will assist you in every step of the entire traveling journey.

Leave a comment:

• deef
    replied

I've found this to have a fairly reasonable distance chart. I originally used a piece of string to approximate distances from a map on one of the novels (using the Wall's distance as a reference - 300 miles). The distances on this website were in the same ballpark as what I came up with.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ha1ZfNUE#gid=1

Leave a comment:

• Saturno
    replied

I believe a month's to reach Winterfell from King's Landing is pretty unrealistic. We are talking about roughly 1500 miles here. By 21 miles a day (a good speed for a large wagon), it would take 71 days to reach the Stark's castle from King's Landing. I mean, without considering necessary stops (to fix wheels, be guests at other castles, foraging, etc), because that would take even longer, and in the books Robert complains about these kind of things too.

Leave a comment:

• Tedric
    replied

I made a table and calculated the distances between the major cities and capitals plus one specific to theVale of Arryn and one for the Riverlands where my players are. Unfortunately, they are on the old forum and I can't find it now. I'll try to scan those tables and reproduce them here.

Also, my players will travel from Gulltown (Vale) to Salt Shore (Dorne) by boat. I calculated the journey will take them 14 days including three stops at Dragonstone, King's Landing and Storm's End.

About the distance between Winterfell and King's Landing, I rather think Robert traveled during near two months to reach Winterfell. He traveled on the King's road where it is easier to travel but with a full retinue and chariots which slower him down. S a small party doing the same travel might do it in 5 or 6 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• ippsie
    replied

Originally posted by Giant2005 View Post
    I don't know about actual units of distance but I do remember that it took the King's party one month to travel from King's Landing to Winterfell. So I just compare the distance between KL and Winterfell to the distance between any other two destinations and increase or decrease that month accordingly.
    I do the same thing with sea travel - it took Stannis 5 days to travel from Storm's End to King's Landing by ship, so I compare any departure and destination points with that same relative distance and adjust accordingly.
    I ended up just doing that. The SIFRP Core says it takes the party three weeks to travel from the North to King's Landing, so I used a ruler and measured the approximate distance (as close as you can be when you measure from two seperate pages), and then from near Lannisport to KL. I figure it'll take them a week and a half at least, to two weeks at most. Thank you all for responding and offering advice!

Leave a comment:

• Lord Rhys
    replied

The SoIaF RPG (GOT Edition) core book has a chart on travel times in page 208.

Leave a comment:

• Giant2005
    replied

I don't know about actual units of distance but I do remember that it took the King's party one month to travel from King's Landing to Winterfell. So I just compare the distance between KL and Winterfell to the distance between any other two destinations and increase or decrease that month accordingly.
    I do the same thing with sea travel - it took Stannis 5 days to travel from Storm's End to King's Landing by ship, so I compare any departure and destination points with that same relative distance and adjust accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• ippsie
    started a topic Travel time and distances?

Travel time and distances?

I'm sure it's been asked here, but I am wondering. Is there any particular place to know the distances between places in Westeros? In particular, my players, starting this upcoming Friday, will be traveling from near Lannisport to King's Landing, for the well known adventure Peril at King's Landing. I'm having trouble finding even a distance scale I can use to measure the distance, then cross-reference with the travel rates chart. Should I just handle it narratively? The book says traveling from the North to King's Landing would take approximately three weeks. Any advice or resources for this stuff?
Working...
X