Out of strife prosperity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of strife prosperity

So I just picked this up and read through it. Overall I really like what I am seeing, certain overpowered options like mine, or market+port have been toned down, the new rules for different types of wealth holdings are interesting, and nicely enough often cost other resources as well (a lot of lifestyle holdings cost defense since they are part of the keep, bailiffs cost a small investment of power on top of wealth, etc). Stacking bonuses have been changed so that you now get a random bonus based on range, the downside is there isn't much of a point to boost it beyond 12 or so unless you think the GM is going to use the new saboteurs or a lot of them are seasonal, the upside is it is harder to make your fortune rolls almost risk free. I think the editing could have been slightly more thorough, but it's not unreadable, mostly inconsistent but still pretty clear terminology.

Mostly I am excited to see what they come up with for the other resources, I think they all could use some work and there are some vague signs of things to come in this book.

I do have one question, Kennels mentions that the bonus damage dogs give "is not limited by normal unit damage maximums", this is the first I've heard about units having a damage cap. I can't find it in either my GOT edition or the errata document.

Re: Out of strife prosperity

I also really liked what I read in the PDF concerning the changes and new additions. There are some inconsistent spots as you mentioned but I was able to get the gist of it all.

Originally posted by vonpenguin View Post
    I do have one question, Kennels mentions that the bonus damage dogs give "is not limited by normal unit damage maximums", this is the first I've heard about units having a damage cap. I can't find it in either my GOT edition or the errata document.
    There is a small section on page 179 of my GoT Edition Core Rulebook PDF under Equipment Upgrades that states the limit of increasing AR, Fighting Damage, or Marksmanship Damage once for each component. This is in the Warfare chapter.

Comment

Originally posted by uncleho View Post

There is a small section on page 179 of my GoT Edition Core Rulebook PDF under Equipment Upgrades that states the limit of increasing AR, Fighting Damage, or Marksmanship Damage once for each component. This is in the Warfare chapter.
      Ah, that's it, I didn't even think to link equipment upgrades and the dog damage bonus. Thank you very much.

Comment

No problem, I had a few minutes to skim the PDF at work so why not?

Comment

Yeah. Fair enough.

My favorite part is the guidelines to making more holdings to fit your campaign. It's good to at least have a balanced guideline that the designers seem to have at least tried to stick to themselves.

Comment

Been looking around a little for thi PDF but couln'tfind anything. Could some helpful soul perhaps provide a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurkhal View Post
              Been looking around a little for thi PDF but couln'tfind anything. Could some helpful soul perhaps provide a link?

http://greenroninstore.com/products/...prosperity-pdf

There you go.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

It's up on Drive Thru RPG as well:

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ife-Prosperity

Comment

Oh no! This question never got answered in the old forums?!
                    "Saboteur: what are the effects in case of a success? 1 Resource point lost per degree of success?"
                    A. Is the Unit/Holding destroyed, or is its construction just temporarily halted?
                    B. Does the enemy house get its invested resources back or is it all gone?
                    C. Is if fair for NPC houses to use Saboteurs against PC houses in the same manner?

Comment

Originally posted by Wontkins View Post
                      Oh no! This question never got answered in the old forums?!
                      "Saboteur: what are the effects in case of a success? 1 Resource point lost per degree of success?"
                      A. Is the Unit/Holding destroyed, or is its construction just temporarily halted?
                      B. Does the enemy house get its invested resources back or is it all gone?
                      C. Is if fair for NPC houses to use Saboteurs against PC houses in the same manner?
                      If I had to make rules calls on this in a game:

A: Destroyed, the rules are similar to those for assassins and since you can't "damage" a person the same way you can a building I'd say it is destroyed.
                      B: I'd say lost the same as if it is destroyed or lost in war.
                      C: Yes, Though I would make it abundantly clear that that is a possibility early on. And I would also increase difficulties for the NPC house if the players expected a certain holding to be targeted and increased the guard or similar measures.

Comment

Am I the only one to think that the difficulty ratings for the Assassination Action are too low? DR 12 for a Primary NC, +3 for every 5 points of Law above 30 - how difficult would it really be to have someone with Cunning 5 be in charge of the assassins, and then just kill off one rival lord a month?

Comment

Originally posted by Canarr View Post
                          Am I the only one to think that the difficulty ratings for the Assassination Action are too low? DR 12 for a Primary NC, +3 for every 5 points of Law above 30 - how difficult would it really be to have someone with Cunning 5 be in charge of the assassins, and then just kill off one rival lord a month?
                          I don't have the actual PDF, but as I recall from the preview/playtest/discussion stuff on the old forums, there were several holdings that added to that difficult for the sufficiently prepared/paranoid.

Comment

One question: the wealth holding in Chronicle Starter, the Vineyard, has been changed in some way?

Comment

Originally posted by rikch View Post
                              One question: the wealth holding in Chronicle Starter, the Vineyard, has been changed in some way?
                              I don't believe that vineyards are included in Out of Strife.

Comment

Working...
                              X