xp payouts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xp payouts

from one narrator to another, what's your average xp payout for a four hour session? how often does your group achieve a 'story' goal?

Re: xp payouts

Short version: 1 xp each. If they face a major challenge, like a PC dies or they defeat a major villain, it could but up to 4 xp.

I gave a lot more at the start, like up to 10 xp, because I wasn't sure how long we'd play and I wanted to give them the chance to make changes to the pre-generated characters they were playing. But now I've started giving out less after the PCs started getting too powerful.

Story goals are usually done in four sessions. But if the players are being really slow (derailing, shopping, chatting) it could take up to 10. I always say that fun is the most important thing. Ask your players what they expect from the game and that'll help set your adventure length.

Comment

Re: xp payouts

I tend to award anywhere from 2-5, depending on the severity of the challenges the PCs faced during the session, and how well they role-played. I have a tendency to give more rewards for excellent role-playing than excellent die rolling.

Comment

Working...
      X