• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coldwind
    replied
    Re: Destiny Points

Originally posted by Hugor View Post
    My point is if the limits from chargen were a cap that persist for the rest of your life, you would have a pool that decreases when you burn a point like the edge in shadowrun. Something that never comes back when its burned.
    There is no cap on the number of Destiny Points you can earn during play.

Destiny Points can be earned by voluntarily picking up additional Drawbacks, completing story goals, and at the Narrator's discretion, doing "cool" stuff.

Burnt Destiny Points never return, but they don't prevent you from gaining other Destiny Points.

Spent Destiny Points return after completing story goals (in addition to gaining new ones).

Leave a comment:

• Zorbeltuss
    replied

There's no limit at chargen either.

Only limit is about how many benefits you may start with.

Leave a comment:

• Hugor
    replied

My point is if the limits from chargen were a cap that persist for the rest of your life, you would have a pool that decreases when you burn a point like the edge in shadowrun. Something that never comes back when its burned.

Leave a comment:

• Harlath
    replied

Sorry, I don't entirely follow you. Trying to help!

If you spend the destiny point you get a lesser effect but get access to the destiny point again when your destiny points refresh (at the end of a story goal).

If you burn the destiny point you can never use it again, but you generally gain a larger effect.

Leave a comment:

• Hugor
    replied

but having no limit means there is no difference between spending and burning a point

Leave a comment:

• Harlath
    replied

The limit only applies to character creation:

"Starting Destiny Points and the maximum number of starting benefits are shown on Table 310: Age and Destiny Points."

Official products have lots of experienced characters with more than the maximum of three starting benefits (for most age groups).

Not sure on sorcery, will have to have a think and check the pdf.

Leave a comment:

• Hugor
    started a topic Destiny Points

Destiny Points

In the core rulebook is the difference between spending/investing and burning a destiny point, but i wonder if the limit of DP at char creation is a cap that persist for the rest of the characters life.

How would you handle a burned sourcerous destiny point in this limitation?

Or should their be no limit for DP except the Expierience earned by the players?
Working...
X